Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

My Silver Scooby

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2004, 12:59 AM
M_1974
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Silver Scooby

Hi folks. I've had the scooby for about a year now and thought it was about time I posted some pictures! I'm hoping to make a couple of changes to it in the near future but it all depends on finances Anyway here are the pics

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/...y/P6190003.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/.../P6190004b.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/.../P6190005b.jpg

http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/.../P6190006b.jpg

I'm planning on getting an STi 6 type rear spoiler and am considering changing the lights. Also considering a change of wheels but that may have to wait a while. Any suggestions welcome

Hope you like the car but if not I do so it doesn't matter
Old 20 June 2004, 04:19 PM
M_1974
Scooby Newbie

Can I take it nobody has any comments or suggestions?
Old 20 June 2004, 05:38 PM
UHF
Scooby Regular

Looks good, silver is a good colour, not like the usual rabble tints look good, but you'll need to de-tango it!

check out www.silver-scooby.co.uk, thats my motor, you might get some ideas from there as what might look good or what might look crap, I bought it standard and spent the last 2 years playing with it.
Old 20 June 2004, 05:44 PM
Micky T
Scooby Regular

Cool

Looks nice and clean mate!
Old 20 June 2004, 09:56 PM
M_1974
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by UHF
Looks good, silver is a good colour, not like the usual rabble tints look good, but you'll need to de-tango it!

check out www.silver-scooby.co.uk, thats my motor, you might get some ideas from there as what might look good or what might look crap, I bought it standard and spent the last 2 years playing with it.
Thanks for the feedback. I was planning to change the lights but really wasn't sure what to go for. I'll definitely de-tango it now I have seen it. Look's much better with the clear side repeaters I'm certainly pleased with the tints I thought they looked good when I got it

Definitely going to change the spoiler at some point as I prefer the look of the STi6 version. I'm also thinking about getting some Oz Superleggera's but they might have to wait a while and I'm not sure what the maximum size I'll get away with is. I'll have to look into that a bit more when the time comes I guess.

I checked out your scooby and it looks impressive! I also think I will have to try and make along to one of the meets when I get a chance. It would be good to get some advice from some of the people there I am sure.

Cheers
M
Old 20 June 2004, 09:57 PM
M_1974
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Micky T
Looks nice and clean mate!
Thanks I'd just spent the last hour polishing it before I took the pictures Me and my little girl spent a good couple of hours cleaning it up! She's responsible for making the wheels look nice and clean for a change
Old 20 June 2004, 10:14 PM
UHF
Scooby Regular

Why not come join us at the Thurrock to Brighton cruise this Saturday, there are around 50 cars going.
Old 20 June 2004, 10:26 PM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

It looks good, but also I would colour code the sills and rear spats - makes a big difference imo. Are they crystal headlights and fogs? I have crystal fogs and they do make a difference, think yours look top I'd like some head/sidelights in crystal too.

I quite like your normal mid-level spoiler, I have a V5 and I sometimes think its a bit ott.

As for the wheels, I have same also (upgraded from standard MY95 WRX wheels) and think they are ok - sometimes however I see a nice set of 17s and think they look the business.

I sometimes think my Ninja is over the top also, but then other times I think it looks the dogs danglies - it certainly sounds it, you thought of changing your zorst and de-catting?

De-tango and colour code next steps mate

My silver scoob
Old 21 June 2004, 07:53 AM
M_1974
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by UHF
Why not come join us at the Thurrock to Brighton cruise this Saturday, there are around 50 cars going.
What time are you all meeting up as I might be able to make that. I'm sure the kids would be happy to go for a spin
Old 21 June 2004, 08:05 AM
UHF
Scooby Regular

I think its 4:00-4:30 thurrock services, check the southern forum for details and post your name on the list
Old 21 June 2004, 08:16 AM
M_1974
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by StiX
It looks good, but also I would colour code the sills and rear spats - makes a big difference imo. Are they crystal headlights and fogs? I have crystal fogs and they do make a difference, think yours look top I'd like some head/sidelights in crystal too.

I quite like your normal mid-level spoiler, I have a V5 and I sometimes think its a bit ott.

As for the wheels, I have same also (upgraded from standard MY95 WRX wheels) and think they are ok - sometimes however I see a nice set of 17s and think they look the business.

I sometimes think my Ninja is over the top also, but then other times I think it looks the dogs danglies - it certainly sounds it, you thought of changing your zorst and de-catting?

De-tango and colour code next steps mate

My silver scoob
I'm definitely going to de-tango it and had been thinking of colour coding the skirts, etc too. I think I will do the de-tango, spoiler and money permitting the colour coding of the skirts as my first mod. As for the headlights I'm not sure if they are crystal's either as the car is exactly as I bought it almost a year ago. I haven't had the money to mod it in any way since

I prefer the bigger spoiler myself which is why I am going to get rid of the STi1 version I have now. I think the STi5/6 versions make the car look much better but that's just my opinion

I've been considering an exhaust change too but that will definitely have to wait until next time. I still think I will change the wheels at some point too but again that will most likely have to wait.

Your car looks damn fine by the way!

Cheers for the feedback
Old 21 June 2004, 08:17 AM
M_1974
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by UHF
I think its 4:00-4:30 thurrock services, check the southern forum for details and post your name on the list
Will do cheers!
Old 21 June 2004, 09:06 AM
StiX
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by M_1974
As for the headlights I'm not sure if they are crystal's either as the car is exactly as I bought it almost a year ago.

Your car looks damn fine by the way!
Thanks

Pretty sure you have crystal headlights and fogs with normal sidelights.

I have crystal fogs&indicators, would love to finish off with crystal headlights and sidelights.

I have only had mine for about 2 months. I was lucky in that bloke before me had done some decent mods and kept it in good nick.

He had done spoiler, front splitter, colour coding, de-tango, lexus lights (mixed opinion on these!!), zorst and tracker.

I haven't touched it yet - apart from shedloads of Optimax!!

Ian.
Old 21 June 2004, 11:03 AM
M_1974
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by StiX
Thanks

Pretty sure you have crystal headlights and fogs with normal sidelights.

I have crystal fogs&indicators, would love to finish off with crystal headlights and sidelights.

I have only had mine for about 2 months. I was lucky in that bloke before me had done some decent mods and kept it in good nick.

He had done spoiler, front splitter, colour coding, de-tango, lexus lights (mixed opinion on these!!), zorst and tracker.

I haven't touched it yet - apart from shedloads of Optimax!!

Ian.
LOL. I hear you on the Optimax! I've certainly put shedloads of the stuff in the scooby. I'll no doubt be putting much more into it too! I'll be posting some more pics when I get some of the mods done. Hopefully they will be the improvement I am hoping for

Any further suggestions on mods are welcome.

Cheers
M