Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

The New Toy! - After A Wash!

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2006, 05:57 PM
Multijfj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The New Toy! - After A Wash!

Finally got it, after a wash today and a 1100 Mile first journey round europe, I got round to taking a couple of pics.

Speedo is fine now, car is boosting fine now, sadly only dyno'd at 313 bhp so its still not running right! Should be 330! Going to sort that out soon. Only problem now is that I think the diff's might be ****ed! Sound! looks nice tho lol

Old 17 December 2006, 06:03 PM
Stiver3
Scooby Regular

Location: Braintree - 321BHP, 285Lbft-Perfect Standard' Ish STi Ver. III

Looks cool! Liking the exhaust!
Old 17 December 2006, 07:39 PM
AFRIKANZ
Scooby Regular

Very very nice!
Old 17 December 2006, 08:05 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

nice backbox

when you say the diffs are fooked, bear in mind that if you have DCCD and you roll the wheel forward, when you are turning with lock on it'll feel like the car is about to fall apart! only mentioning this as i did this myself the other day and **** myself

hope you get all your probs sorted313bhp sounds good to me! why are you expecting 330?
Old 17 December 2006, 09:21 PM
Multijfj
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hoskib
nice backbox

when you say the diffs are fooked, bear in mind that if you have DCCD and you roll the wheel forward, when you are turning with lock on it'll feel like the car is about to fall apart! only mentioning this as i did this myself the other day and **** myself

hope you get all your probs sorted313bhp sounds good to me! why are you expecting 330?
I presume the diffs are ****ed, when i slow down, its a grinding sound which does not sound healthy, and also when turning corners, when the diff is set to free or auto, it just feels like its gona fall apart round corners anyway, only at quite low speeds though. Also when braking and coming to halt, rather than just coasting in gear/neautral, the grinding noise stops. VERY confused. £££££££££ Straight down the pan when u buy a scooby, im still young so the bank balance is low.

It was previously rolled @ 330bhp, and nothing has been touched since then, so was expecting that especially on one of the coldest days in winter! But I put a tank of dare i say it, BP Ultimate in it, and that absolutly, absolutly nakerd the car. Stopped it boosting after about 20 miles, put it into limp mode, just nailed it really. Took it to scoobyclinic with a 1/4 bp ultimate, and 3/4 v-power in the tank, rolled @ 313, and they reset the ECU as my "Advanced Multiplier" was falling to like 3, when it should be 16! So I took it through france > belgium > holland in the last two days putting only V-Power in it, and now its like a different car! Just with gay grinding noises...
Old 18 December 2006, 07:33 AM
WRC03
Scooby Newbie

Hey

Very nice suby.

Looking at the pics it seems to be a JDM mdl because of the rear wiper, but why is it fitted with europe spec headlights?
Old 18 December 2006, 08:35 AM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

I was under the impression that UK and JDM headlight units were the same on the MY03??

The car looks great, hope its not your diff thats knackered and its just a bit of new car nerves....

Cheers,
Grant
Old 18 December 2006, 12:56 PM
Multijfj
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRC03
Hey

Very nice suby.

Looking at the pics it seems to be a JDM mdl because of the rear wiper, but why is it fitted with europe spec headlights?
It is the JDM Model I still have the report from when it came from Japan! Its got xenon headlights if that makes any difference?