Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Something a little different

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2006, 02:56 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something a little different

It's currently got four wheels but it's not a car, it's something a little different. One could liken it to a trackday toy, though putting it on track might be somewhat odd Anyway, with the weather turning a little colder, thoughts turn to spring and summer when it's a tad warmer and when we'll be able to properly appreciate our new purchase. May I introduce you all to Crosswind:

Last few pictures don't do her justice as they were taken when it was cold, grey and damp. Granted she needs a bit of a scrub down, but she floats and is in very good condition considering she's older than I am!

A couple of ironic things, first the sail number is the same as our apartment number, plus she's a Shark (makes sense to anyone who knows what my nickname used to be).

Any other sailing types out there?
Old 24 December 2006, 07:50 AM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

Looks nice though sailing seems a little bit too much like hard work to me, would rather have a cruiser .

Where is the top photo taken?
Old 24 December 2006, 07:58 AM
mike_330
Scooby Regular

get acouple of outboards wacked on her
Old 24 December 2006, 10:09 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Rather nice. I'd love my own boat, but chose the cheaper option of taking a cold shower every day whilst tearing up pound notes.
Old 24 December 2006, 03:22 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pauld37
Looks nice though sailing seems a little bit too much like hard work to me, would rather have a cruiser .

Where is the top photo taken?
I am learning to sail but Rose is very experienced having raced sharks (hence why we got a shark) for many years, plus she crews on various other boats during the season. We're not going to be racing right off the bat, but might do later in the year, most of the time we'll be just crusing around

As for the location, it's Frenchmans Bay in Pickering Ontario, which is where the previous owner kept the boat. The other picture is at the Toronto Islands

Originally Posted by mike_330
get acouple of outboards wacked on her
Got a 7hp Mercury to hang off the back of her, and am thinking how best to modify it Just kidding.

Originally Posted by JackClark
Rather nice. I'd love my own boat, but chose the cheaper option of taking a cold shower every day whilst tearing up pound notes.
Have heard the "hole in the water into which you throw your money" line before, and it is somewhat true. Though thinking back to the silly money I spent on my impreza, it does, at the moment, seem somewhat cheaper in comparison.
Old 31 December 2006, 02:50 PM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

Cool!!
Old 31 December 2006, 05:00 PM
Gav
Scooby Regular

Very
Old 01 January 2007, 12:15 PM
chief-long-shin
Scooby Regular

I love the white writing on the wheels - its proper A team style - good choice of rims