Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Afterburner de-cat centre section

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2007, 08:35 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Afterburner de-cat centre section

Hey guys, just had my Afterburner de-cat section delivered today mannnn it is the sexiest piece of metal I have ever seen, fair play!! It looks so good, I don't actually wanna put it on the car! I do have one question tho. On one end it's got a gasket and the bolts........

But on the other end it's got nothing.......

Is that normal? Or am I missing bits? I'm not really worried cuz I am not fitting it myself, my car is booked in with Subaru in a few weeks time for a full service, and they said they'd fit it for free seein as I was havin a full service I really do have the best Subaru dealer ever lol, they are legends. But yeah was just wondering if I was missing bits
Old 04 June 2007, 08:43 PM
White-Un
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats the bit that goes on downpipe mate, a donut gasket goes on that end IIRC. Your dealer can sort that .
Old 05 June 2007, 08:09 AM
scooby,dlm.
Scooby Regular

Cool

lets hope it fits right!!!theres a thread on gen tech about them not fitting right,i had probs my self,the 1st one would'nt fit flush against the down pipe and the 2nd one was even worse i have the 1st one now but it may be blowing slightly
i would be intrested to know what the fits like on yours
Old 05 June 2007, 10:28 AM
MTayler
Scooby Regular

Is that a resonated centre section you have there ?.
Just wondered also what back box you are mating to as I'm considering going for that centre but keeping my prodrive backbox for the moment, too many other things to buy at mo .

Cheer's, mark.
Old 05 June 2007, 11:08 AM
scooby,dlm.
Scooby Regular

Cool

i had a prodrive system on mine,took it off and put an unresonated centre and the vortex afterburner on,sounds great!!
if u get one,go for the unresonated centre with your prodrive bb it will sound great
Old 05 June 2007, 12:25 PM
tonyshrops
Scooby Newbie

Default afterburner

HI,

I fitted a centre section (unresonated) and a vortex afterburner tailpipe and made a huge difference to my bugeye and sounds fantastic no problems fitting it went straight on first time well happy
Old 05 June 2007, 12:48 PM
scooby,dlm.
Scooby Regular

Cool

i think the problem is when the car has had a prodrive exhaust on,the people like myself have found the fit just nt right!!!
Old 05 June 2007, 06:04 PM
D-an-W
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby,dlm.
i think the problem is when the car has had a prodrive exhaust on,the people like myself have found the fit just nt right!!!
If that was the case, wouldn't the original centre section have alignment issue's too though
Old 05 June 2007, 09:20 PM
Woody1
Scooby Regular

Got the Ninja back box and Afterburner centre pipe on my bug. fit and sound is superb.

Neil
Old 06 June 2007, 10:10 AM
B0DSKI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scooby,dlm.
Mine had the Prodrive exhaust fitted and i replaced both the centre section and backbox with Afterburner items and they fitted perfectly, no problems at all
Old 06 June 2007, 11:40 AM
scooby,dlm.
Scooby Regular

Cool

theres a thread on gen tech about fitment probs,photo's and all,to b fair the fitment probs look a lot worse than mine!!
Old 07 June 2007, 06:30 PM
bob r
Scooby Regular

A pretty bad fit on mine also.
Old 08 June 2007, 08:13 AM
scooby,dlm.
Scooby Regular

Cool

the polished one they sent me as a replacment was a very poor fit,it was more or less wedged up against the floor pan,the gap where it fits against the down pipe,you could see the donut ring the fit was that bad!!
i have the 1st one on at the mo,i need to get it on the ramp to see if its blowing it don't sound like it is though!!
Old 09 June 2007, 03:15 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Oh bloody hell lol, I hope it fits!! You've all got me worried now lol. I'm gonna keep the standard backbox on I think. The thing is....I wanna keep the look of the car standard, I don't wanna change anything.....but everyone says the standard backbox is quite restrictive. So I was thinking maybe I could get a place like longlife exhausts to custom make me a backbox with a twin tailpipe and make it look as much like the standard one as possible. I dunno. I don't think I've EVER seen a scoob with an aftermarket backbox with a twin pipe? I am probably the only person who actually likes the look of the standard exhaust lol
Old 01 July 2007, 11:43 AM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Smile

Just had the car back from Subaru and.....well......the difference is amazing I think!!! It used to kinda pull really hard when the turbo came in and then seemed to back off for the rest of the revs.....but now it just pulls & pulls & pulls & pulls!!!!! It's almost like a naturally aspirated car in the way it revs and just keeps going. I am SO pleased with it now hell of a difference!

I was showing me mates the difference the other night, and it feels quicker now with 5 people in the car than what it used to be like with just me in it!

I honestly cannot believe the difference, I think they must have accidentally put a bigger turbo in or modified the car in some other way!

Can't wait to get the downpipe de-catted now Well......sports-catted
Old 01 July 2007, 11:47 AM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

I forgot to mention......I think it fitted fine. Some people were saying they had fitment problems? I didn't think to ask if they had any trouble fitting it, but it seems to be on there okay and doesn't blow or rattle or anything. One thing I will say tho.......the 'gasket' or 'fixing method' on the front join does look a bit like a bodge!! I can't describe it, but it looks a bit weird lol. I'll take a pic of it one day and put it on here. Somebody said on here that a 'donut' gasket goes on that end? Well it don't look like a donut to me lol