Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

New Hatchback Scoob

Search this Thread

Old 28 January 2008, 07:35 PM
Scoobyhatch
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question New Hatchback Scoob

Just wanted to post a few photos on my new baby but not able to on SN......anyone know why or could recommend a site that will host pickies? Not seen another on the road yet, anyone else taken the plunge?
Old 28 January 2008, 07:38 PM
mervil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket is probably the easiest to use buddy

Do't think there's a lot on here who have bought one yet to be honest!! Tho I do like the look of the STi in white or black
Old 28 January 2008, 07:57 PM
Scoobyhatch
Scooby Newbie

Tops Mervil, much appreciated Hope links work.

Jon

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...atchengine.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...Hatchfront.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h.../HatchRear.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...earquarter.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...hrearwheel.jpg

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/h...hatchfront.jpg
Old 28 January 2008, 08:07 PM
l33 griff
Scooby Regular

sorry mate but think its the most horrid looking thing subaru have ever made,
Old 28 January 2008, 08:16 PM
Scoobyhatch
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by l33 griff
sorry mate but think its the most horrid looking thing subaru have ever made,
No worries mate......... think this is another controversial scooby design and I deffo think it looks better in the flesh. I guess a marmite car. ....Fugly maybe, but think it will grow on you
Old 28 January 2008, 08:17 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 28 January 2008, 08:46 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

definately a marite car . needs diferent wheels imho as they dont really stand out which reall spoils the car design. theydeffo lost entusiasmwhen they got to designing the rims lol

nice hough mate.
Old 28 January 2008, 09:01 PM
megabreath
Scooby Regular

From the front it looks just as good as any Scooby since the classic, but the back is just crap.

Still need to see one in person though.
Old 29 January 2008, 07:48 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

agree the front looks ok. the wheels are totally gash and need to be gunmetal/black/anthracite or something. maybe even burnt and sent to hell??

back is terrible, but aftermarcket lights will eventually be available.

maybe lower it a bit after sorting the wheels out, rid the car of sound deadening, and stick a 3" system on the bitch, get some rumble back in your life
Old 29 January 2008, 07:55 AM
Borat_Drives_A_Scooby
BANNED

If i were you mate i would take it back and buy an impreza, it looks like a nice car for doing the shopping in though or for dropping the kids off at school. What posessed you ?
Old 29 January 2008, 10:08 AM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

is it me? but the tmic looks small?
Old 29 January 2008, 10:49 AM
scooby_will
Scooby Regular

Come on peeps give the guy a break, he has bought it because he likes it and i think people have stressted in other topics that they dont particually like the new shape, but did many people like the bug eye when it came out, no and now look at its following, people dont like change, me on the other hand i do like this car and i own a classic, its different but still has the engine, transmission and badge we all know and love, i would suggest like others though that a set of wheels and a nice exhaust to bring out the flat four tone would be good, how does the car go is it quick?? Its a nice car mate.
Old 29 January 2008, 10:58 AM
borderlinechris
Scooby Regular

front end looks nice(bit like a starlet gt only wider). do miss the big foglights thou... it def needs bigger wheels on it to fill arches. fair play to scoobyhatch for getting one! agree with scooby will re exhaust...
Old 29 January 2008, 11:15 AM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby_will
Come on peeps give the guy a break, he has bought it because he likes it and i think people have stressted in other topics that they dont particually like the new shape, but did many people like the bug eye when it came out, no and now look at its following, people dont like change, me on the other hand i do like this car and i own a classic, its different but still has the engine, transmission and badge we all know and love, i would suggest like others though that a set of wheels and a nice exhaust to bring out the flat four tone would be good, how does the car go is it quick?? Its a nice car mate.
Well said
Old 29 January 2008, 01:50 PM
knobby_2000
Scooby Regular

Its a bloody lovely car chap....I love the front design.....ok not to everyones taste....but not everyone likes a Subaru!..... so **** em!

Needs different wheels though

ENJOY
Old 29 January 2008, 02:27 PM
speedy steve
Scooby Regular

Gotta agree with some of the views on here, especially with "give the guy a break" I have a old classic which IN MY OPINION is the best looking ( in a rally car kinda way )

It is however a wagon, which aint exactly pretty from the back end, still who cares what the back looks like, people only see that once I'm passed them !!

I guess the new look is progress..... & I PERSONNALY think this is better lookin than both the bug&blob-eyes

( preparing for a good roasting !! )

enjoy the car dude, bet it runs better than mine & has a warranty

Oh yeah leave the wheels alone, if you drive it for a while they end up "anthracite" coloured anyway
Old 29 January 2008, 03:56 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

i like it...lots of room for some tasteful modding and with the right tuning you would have a really cool sleeper

hope you enjoy your new car
Old 29 January 2008, 04:04 PM
pauld37
Scooby Regular

I like it
Old 29 January 2008, 04:58 PM
wrx9181
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice mate whats it drive like thats what i look at when buying a car otherwise we would all have alfa s or something wouldnt we
Old 29 January 2008, 05:07 PM
Midnight Runner
Scooby Regular

They are selling a couple in a garage near us which I drive past on the way to work haven't stopped to look yet but look quite pretty good from the front. The lights look the same as the hawk eye which I like. You won't see too many WRX's about as they are a special edition aren't they? Any pics of the interior?

Have fun in it its what they're built for! Plus there will be loads of aftermarket bits soon enough
Old 29 January 2008, 07:16 PM
Dspeed
Scooby Regular

I dont mind it but really dont like the rear lights. think a red and clear style set would have been better.
Old 29 January 2008, 07:17 PM
tiny gsy
Scooby Regular

like on the sti rob?
Old 29 January 2008, 08:43 PM
Scoobyhatch
Scooby Newbie

Thanks guys for all the messages... I guess! It takes a while to get used to new designs and I was not sure until I saw one up close.

Had the new WRX for nearly two weeks now and just started using top end revs. To be honest I miss the sound of my old bugeyed PPP WRX. So far it looks like Subaru wont be offering PPP conversion, but hopefully they will change their mind if enough peope ask for it.

The new car was bought after test driving both a hawkeye wagon and an STi9 PPP. Neither suited my needs 100%. Yes I have family and this is an important consideration for a car

New car is stuffed full of new features and its only when you look at it up close, you realise that Subaru have taken lots of the detail issues and tried to improve on the new car.

e.g.
New HID lights - these are awesome and vastly better then bugeye.

Interior loads more front cabin room and rear leg room. Hatch back and split folding rears are useful. Red dials and a blue neon light!!!! MP3 connection, cup holders galore, 6cd stereo, cruise control (wtf?) .................. Interior -still not upto European levels but much improved over earleir models

Engine has almost no turbo lag and loads of bottom end grunt
Brakes are excellent (ABS, EBD, Vehicle Dynamics Control - you can turn this off)

Handling is typical of the WRX but rides the bumps better. Rear double wishbone suspension saves interior space and works really well, steering weighting is better and improved turn in.

Exterior looks more finished, rear diffuser is neat and I dont miss the frameless windows (come on, who has not banged their head on window glass at least once!!!)

Overall they have produced a more refined grown up car - some will miss the rawness of the earlier cars and yes it is slower overall, but this is the price we pay for safer and more refined cars.

I would recommend test driving one before writing off completely.

Jon

Last edited by Scoobyhatch; 29 January 2008 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Image 2 did not load
Old 30 January 2008, 02:00 AM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Very nice, the engine is supposed to be a cracker as well.
I'm sure prodrive will do a ppp very soon, it always takes a fw months for these kits to be released.
The rear suspension should be clunk free as well.

I'm sure the engineering that has gone into this new car will overcome the shock of the new looks.

dipster

Last edited by davedipster; 30 January 2008 at 02:03 AM.
Old 30 January 2008, 02:33 AM
Will
BANNED

What is the buttons on the steering wheel for?? And why does it only have 5 gears,anyone??.
Old 30 January 2008, 12:01 PM
steve2510
Scooby Newbie

Thumbs down

to be onest i really dont have any time for the new scooby. to me its lost all its street cred. the old scooby looked like it was pumped upon steroids where as this one looks like its still wearing its napies, think ill stick with the sti iv got now.
Old 30 January 2008, 08:56 PM
Scoobyhatch
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by mr_impreza
What is the buttons on the steering wheel for?? And why does it only have 5 gears,anyone??.
Buttons on steering wheel are for radio/cd controls (left) and cruise control (right) . 5 speed cos Subaru want to differentiate between the WRX and STi. Same as with current hawkeye etc. Jon
Old 30 January 2008, 09:01 PM
Scoobyhatch
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by steve2510
to be onest i really dont have any time for the new scooby. to me its lost all its street cred. the old scooby looked like it was pumped upon steroids where as this one looks like its still wearing its napies, think ill stick with the sti iv got now.
Steve, Less hardcore I agree and partly driven by Subarus desire to go main stream. New car is a platform for pushing the non torbo cars and to compete with focus etc. They were not originally going to offer the WRX as CO2 emissions are high and prevent them importing a higher volume of cars. FYI the STI is exept from CO2 import issues as it is classiied as a supercar! Enjoy your STi iv. Jon
Old 30 January 2008, 11:03 PM
Mikkel
Scooby Regular

Soul less IMHO. The Impreza has always been a fugly car but this new one is fugly without any character.

Having said that, there can be no denying that this car (well the STI) may very well take the scoob performance levels back up above the rest of the pack. I'm undecided. Would only consider the STI though... at least then you have a fugly perfomance car again instead of just a fugly car.

Last edited by Mikkel; 30 January 2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 31 January 2008, 02:24 AM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

I saw one yesterday, a wrx and you know what...I like it very much!

dipster

Quick Reply: New Hatchback Scoob