My new car after a good clean

Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2008, 09:03 PM
Jamie120182
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new car after a good clean

finally got another subaru

Work already done includes K&N Typhoon induction kit, Miltek Exhuast system including sport cat and baileys dump valve

Practically new 18" Rota GRA's and EBC redsuff brake pads

short term plans include new badges and stickers where needed and detango and spray the front lights, everything else can wait until after the Gathering.

Last edited by Jamie120182; 14 August 2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 14 August 2008, 10:23 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Lovely car , you just re-badging to freshen them up? I swopped the pink STI lettering for white, looks better I think (something to think about maybe).

Do you know if your car was re-mapped for the induction kit, as I thought they run roughly without out, due to the heat?
Old 14 August 2008, 11:02 PM
D.O.M
Scooby Regular

Nice mate. Liking the Rotas
Old 14 August 2008, 11:25 PM
Jamie120182
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DarrenSTI
Lovely car , you just re-badging to freshen them up? I swopped the pink STI lettering for white, looks better I think (something to think about maybe).

Do you know if your car was re-mapped for the induction kit, as I thought they run roughly without out, due to the heat?

yep, the uk badge on the back is starting to peel, and thinking of changing the sti to the new pink with black background. the garage i brought it from also removed the side stickers when removing some smaller aftermarket stickers just below them. oh and a cerise grille badge might look nice.

not sure about the remap, it would be common sense to do this but you never know. I am thinking of getting a diagnostic run from powerstation to ensure it is running ok and find out whether it has had a remap. it runs fairly smoothly though and feels quick enough
Old 16 August 2008, 02:20 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

looks the spit of my mates old scoob lol , very nice
Old 17 August 2008, 09:14 PM
wayne's scooby
Scooby Regular

how about a small front lip just makes the front end look a bit more smart
Old 17 August 2008, 09:23 PM
CVH
Scooby Regular

Nice car m8, you shouldnt have said you have an induction kit on this forum as there are some people who get excited about them and start moaning on to you about them. It happened to me when i fitted one without a remap and had no bother at all, good for you.
Old 18 August 2008, 04:10 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CVH
Nice car m8, you shouldnt have said you have an induction kit on this forum as there are some people who get excited about them and start moaning on to you about them. It happened to me when i fitted one without a remap and had no bother at all, good for you.
If your refering to what I said, then I wasnt moaning, want one myself but have probably read the same threads as you then . Thought its werd to need a re-map after a CAIK, as i've fitted them to other cars in the past as one of my first mods.
Old 18 August 2008, 04:41 PM
STiFreak
Scooby Regular

Looks sweet.
IMO the front lip spoiler is a must on this model ... just makes the front end look so much better.

Check out this thread https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyr...p-just-me.html. I've never used them myself, but if they are as crap as everyone says, you may still be able to save your discs if you change pads now.
Old 18 August 2008, 10:21 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Oh yeah, real good mod to do is the splitter (as above)

ps STIFreak, I do love PFF7's on the blob eye, I know people say they are too common, but they do look very smart indeed. Possibly my next purchase.
Old 19 August 2008, 12:25 AM
D.O.M
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STiFreak
Looks sweet.
IMO the front lip spoiler is a must on this model ... just makes the front end look so much better.

Check out this thread https://www.scoobynet.com/wheels-tyr...p-just-me.html. I've never used them myself, but if they are as crap as everyone says, you may still be able to save your discs if you change pads now.

+1!!
A lip spoiler is a must do mod on all Imprezas imo as the front end always seems too high, even when the car is lowered.
Old 19 August 2008, 12:27 AM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

thats the induction kit i wanna get, does it improve performance at all??
thinkin about getting the k&n induction kit and a sti top mount for my wrx soon
wiley
Old 19 August 2008, 12:05 PM
STiFreak
Scooby Regular

Oh yeah, real good mod to do is the splitter (as above)

ps STIFreak, I do love PFF7's on the blob eye, I know people say they are too common, but they do look very smart indeed. Possibly my next purchase.
Yep the PFF7's are lovely. Just a personal thing, but I have never liked gold alloys, so they were the first mod I made to the car. Splitter was fairly cheap from HT Autos on a group buy a while back.
Old 19 August 2008, 08:27 PM
DarrenSTI
Scooby Regular

Yep the PFF7's are lovely. Just a personal thing, but I have never liked gold alloys, so they were the first mod I made to the car. Splitter was fairly cheap from HT Autos on a group buy a while back.
Thats where my splitter came from too, HT Autos. I will still stick with gold I think for the alloys, they will soon became rare due to everyone swopping to dark. .

May I also throw a de-tango in the mix, another good visual mod.

Last edited by DarrenSTI; 19 August 2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 20 August 2008, 01:35 AM
Jamie120182
Scooby Regular

cheers for all the positive comments and suggestions, just to clear a few things up. When i brought the car it was already fitted with the K&N Typhoon induction kit, the baileys dump valve and the full milltek exhuast system. so i am not sure if the induction kit does increase the feel or the power but i can assure you it sounds more like a jet taking off than a car . I do intend on getting the car remapped becuase i have seen some of the comments on here previously about induction kits. I am also trying to find out if the car is a prodrive version as my insurance paper work has come back saying uk prodrivethere is no certificate in with the car paperwork so not sure.

As for future mods they are on hold until thursday as the car is going into the subaru dealership to have new rear shocks as the existing ones are shot and knocking. from there i will be detangoing the headlights just cant decide whether or not to spray the chrome bit or not they both look good. The splitter is also a must and i have read good things about the HT autos so when i get a bit more money thats probably where it will be going.

Thats where my splitter came from too, HT Autos. I will still stick with gold I think for the alloys, they will soon became rare due to everyone swopping to dark. .

May I also throw a de-tango in the mix, another good visual mod.

Stupidly i thought changing from a wrx to an sti would reduce my urge to modify it how wrong i was
Old 20 August 2008, 01:49 AM
Jamie120182
Scooby Regular

Looks sweet.

blimey i was always led to believe EBC was good stuff. they dont feel to bad, think i will keep them on for now as i intend to replace the disc's to brembo ones when the time comes. So if it does knacker them it will just force me to upgrade sooner, safety first and all that
Old 20 August 2008, 03:52 AM
wiley
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

de-tangoing has really made a big difference
good job mate
wiley