Thought I'd say Hi.

Search this Thread

Old 01 December 2010, 02:46 PM
T0M HV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thought I'd say Hi.

Hey guys,

New member from Wickford, been in the Ford scene pretty much my whole life but decided to go against the trend and come to the "dark side" lol..

Bought myself a 1997 Catalunya Edition No.122, pretty much standard except later scooby wheels, think they are the blob eye ones, stickered up, induction kit, baileys DV and a Haywood and Scott system...

Goes nicley, and ticks all the boxes. Must say i am very impressed. Doesnt blow your head off yet, but its not running big bhp.. but love the feel and confidence the car induces when driving...

Few little pics i have..

Sorry they are mostly ****e as i only got it last week...

Plans:

Im going to be removing the green stickers and replacing them with matt black ones, few bits of carbon fibre and some new satin black wheels, a huge detailing session all over to remove some swirls and blemishes, engine bay needs a right going over, will be buying new bottles, parts etc and hammeriting other bits.... and that will do me nicley for the time being.. going for a stealthy, night crawler..

Any help, advice, ideas you have would be great... and point me in the right direction to some meets...

cheers

Tom
Old 01 December 2010, 03:11 PM
Suberman
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Tom, Welcome to SN! Nice car you got yourself. Always a fan of these special edition models.

I'd lose the stickers if i were you (stickers are not my thing) and keep the black on silver look or black on gold, not a big fan of black on black. But thats me.

I'm sure with alittle do over, it should look
Old 01 December 2010, 03:25 PM
m@t STImulation
Scooby Regular

looks like you have the right idea tidy it up need some work like you said under the bonnet.

as above loose those stickers all-together will look 100 times nicer!!!
would be nice to see a special edition get revived.
Old 01 December 2010, 03:35 PM
T0M HV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suberman
Hi Tom, Welcome to SN! Nice car you got yourself. Always a fan of these special edition models.

I'd lose the stickers if i were you (stickers are not my thing) and keep the black on silver look or black on gold, not a big fan of black on black. But thats me.

I'm sure with alittle do over, it should look
Thanks mate..

Yeh, im going to take the stickers off and go from there, might drive it around naked for a while..

I'm just worried about any paint fade, as i dont know how long the stickers have been on there and what the paint condition is like underneath..

Hopefully it wont be too bad, and will come out with a light abrasive machine polish, and a good wax and seal..

Originally Posted by m@t STImulation
looks like you have the right idea tidy it up need some work like you said under the bonnet.

as above loose those stickers all-together will look 100 times nicer!!!
would be nice to see a special edition get revived.
Yeh im not going to be running huge power with this, wouldnt mind cracking the 300 mark, then leave it at that but i wont be chasing figures, just whatever i feel...

Yeh as above, i need to see the paint condition and go from there, as i really cant be funding a respray at the moment, if i do get matt black stickers, they will only be temporary to hideanything underneath until i get a respray.. we shall see

Yeh hopefully i can get it up to a fairly good standard in terms of detailing, i work in London during the week so its a complete weekend toy.. needs a little bit of trim here and there and i just generally want to put my mark on it..

Last edited by T0M HV; 01 December 2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01 December 2010, 03:44 PM
T0M HV
Scooby Regular

Can you sugguest any decent wheels at all..?? they are 17's at the moment which look a little bits to big, maybe an inch i rekon..

im thinking 16's..
Old 01 December 2010, 04:03 PM
wrx287
Scooby Regular

Nice car. Be prepared when you take the stickers off though as there is a good chance some paint will come away aswell.
Old 01 December 2010, 04:04 PM
rapid.STI
Scooby Regular

hi and welcome
Old 01 December 2010, 04:06 PM
T0M HV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrx287
Nice car. Be prepared when you take the stickers off though as there is a good chance some paint will come away aswell.
thanks mate.. yeh that again is the other thing im worried about... just going to get her inside in the warm, and use a heat gun to loosen them as much as possible..

then hopefully just take my time, and buff out any residue left...
Old 01 December 2010, 04:07 PM
Suberman
Scooby Regular

Millenium Revolution if you are willing to shell out.

Thanks to mr.sheen for the use of his car.

Those are 18s if i'm not wrong. 17s are probably the best balance between looks and handling me thinks.

16s on a classic
Old 01 December 2010, 04:09 PM
T0M HV
Scooby Regular

thanks pal, appreciate that...

IMO, the 18's are far too big, they look way out of proportion.. i had revolutions on my old fiesta so was looking for something different.. ill have a browse..

but then the 16's are too small.. might just stick with the 17's then, and just get a new design..
Old 01 December 2010, 05:16 PM
m@t STImulation
Scooby Regular

17 's are ideal i had 16 and prefer the 17's. good luck with the sticker removal, know what you mean about paint fade mines red pmsl
as for the 300 mark it is quite reasonable money. bug eye tmic will giveyou more than enough cooling, 440cc injecters, fule pump, and remap. jollygreenmonster is the man to see for the mapping IMO, lots of us use him, service second to none
Old 01 December 2010, 05:25 PM
scott64
Scooby Regular

nice classic mate
Old 01 December 2010, 05:40 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

Bah-humbug. Listen, if you <like> your stickies, keep em, if you dont, get rid. Everyone has opinions on what <they> like. Stickies are like marmite, either you love em or hate them.

BTW, Welcome to ScoobyNet and dont forget to give other scoob drivers a wave - you'll probably get one back.
Old 01 December 2010, 05:52 PM
T0M HV
Scooby Regular

well said.. lol..

well i really want to put matt or satin black graphics on it, give that a go... then go from there..

then get some black or anthracite wheels to finish off the dark theme..
Old 01 December 2010, 06:03 PM
STI Glenn
Scooby Regular

Looks nice anthracite roto grids or ppf7 would look nice
Old 01 December 2010, 08:17 PM
martin850
Scooby Regular

Looks like a nice project you have got there mate, look forward to seeing how you get on
Old 02 December 2010, 08:15 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

nice to see another catalunya on here and it looks a nice one too
Old 06 December 2010, 02:05 PM
T0M HV
Scooby Regular

cheers for the comments chaps

yeh ive been into Fords from my dad and granddad since I was born… its quite a particular scene I must admit..

Yeh I love the stickered up look, just deciding what to go for, I definitely want stickers. Im having a play on photoshop and a few things to get an idea.

One of the best ones ive done has been completely black, with big fluro pink DCSHOECO stickers down the side/rear quarters and fluro pink wheels… kind of 6 spoke aggressive fitment wheels..

IMO looks the ****..

So might get those made up and see..
Old 06 December 2010, 02:21 PM
Martin 2010
Scooby Regular

Hi mate and welcome to sn, get joined to esc, personally im not a fan of all the stickers but its ur car . as i wouldnt go for smaller wheels id stay with 17s as previously said thy are just right for blanace of looks and performance. plus if your going to be pushin 300 horses your going to want some good brakes and im not sure if 4pots fit under the 16's, im running 327bhp and wudnt want nething less than 4pots but u might already have them i dnt know a lot about them tbh.
Old 06 December 2010, 04:05 PM
T0M HV
Scooby Regular

looks something like this.. but obviosuly on a black classic shape..

love the stickers and the wheels and this is what ill be aiming for exterior wise... including the sunstrip and small stickers around it..

Old 07 December 2010, 09:02 AM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

you wont have problems finding it in the car park bud sweeeeet.
Old 07 December 2010, 09:46 AM
T0M HV
Scooby Regular

ha ha, hopefully not...

loud and proud..
Old 09 December 2010, 03:20 PM
T0M HV
Scooby Regular

Just bought a boost gauge and a de-cat up pipe from Japspeed..

anyone know if i can get a screamer pipe..?? and where it fits... am i rite in thinking i can fit one while i fit the de-cat pipe..?? i know they do universal ones on ebay etc..

anyone share any light..??
Old 15 December 2010, 09:32 AM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Glad to see you over on here at last mate :thumbsup:
are you referring to an external screamer?
BTW, have a read up about the restrictor pill before you fit the boost gauge as it would seem a lot of people have unknowingly removed this when replacing tubing sections whilst fitting things like boost gauges, then find they have low boost after!

Are you remapping at the same time as fitting the de cat? (you dont want overboost..)
Old 15 December 2010, 09:56 AM
T0M HV
Scooby Regular

ANDY..!!!

Yeh I had to come over here after all your advise mate.. thanks a lot for that… yeh I am referring to an external screamer pipe mate, you know the ones mounted coming of the side of the down pipe near the wastegate..??

I ‘T’ pieced the pipe that goes to the dump valve, run it along the back of the engine through the bulk head and got it temporarily mounted in the little grab tray down in the dash. Just waiting for my a pillar pod to come through.. running just over a bar, going up to about 18psi if its under load etc. That about right..??

Looks like this..

Also spent a few evening taking stickers off

Still need to do the door stack and the ones down the side, but done all the rears and fronts…

Old 15 December 2010, 10:00 AM
T0M HV
Scooby Regular

Oh and yes mate… going to take it off the road at the start of next year for a month or so, get it fully de-cat, manifold, sort a proper induction kit out, FMIC and get it all mapped in...

Then leave it at that on the performance front..
Old 15 December 2010, 07:44 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks tidy, good choice
Old 16 December 2010, 12:06 PM
T0M HV
Scooby Regular

cheers mate.. will be nice once ive got the stickers off.. will leave me with a blank canvass to put some new ones on..

saturday morning i will be borrowing a heat gun from a friend of mine, then taking the side stickers off and giving it a good polish..

Plans for xmas holidays, providing im not working in between will be spraying a few engine bay bits and reconditoning them in cracked black...
Old 17 December 2010, 02:27 AM
djandyg
Scooby Regular

Good stuff, theres plenty of people on here that offer sound advice! there was a guy on here that made his own screamer pipe - ill see if i can find the thread, looked like major effort tho lol.
Hows the paintwork under the stickers holding up?
Old 17 December 2010, 04:07 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by T0M HV
Oh and yes mate… going to take it off the road at the start of next year for a month or so, get it fully de-cat, manifold, sort a proper induction kit out, FMIC and get it all mapped in...

Then leave it at that on the performance front..
if you do the modz you will need to change the ecu to an aftermarket one like an apexi power fc etc.. as the standard ecu can't be mapped on this year of car

hope this helps

Quick Reply: Thought I'd say Hi.