Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

My 05 WRX SL Sportswagon PPP

Search this Thread

Old 05 February 2011, 04:04 PM
steveyb73wrx
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 05 WRX SL Sportswagon PPP

Hi all, just joined this afternoon as I figured its the place to be for advice and info, as I'm new to Subarus!

I bought my 05 WRX sportswagon about a month ago now, and have been smiling ever since, It was a necessity to change to an estate car as our Choccy Lab Dave was growing to big for my missus's Mini, and I was fed up with my M3 being stranded in the garage during the snow and bad weather.

After looking at the sensible Audi estate options I remembered there being an Impreza estate, and I wanted a 4x4, so did the usual trawling pistonheads/autotrader and a bit of research and was suprised by the prices, as I'd never really paid much attention to Subarus, being a Toyota MR2 enthusiast for years before the M3!

I came across this one not to far from home, and despite being high on mileage (110k) it has full stamped Subaru history and came at a good price, also some nice extras, full leather, sunroof, and the Prodrive Performance pack, after viewing and driving needless to say a deal was done :0)

So far all I've done to it is had 4 new Hankook Evo12's fitted, as the Toyo's had seen better days, and fitted the obligatory rubber load liner and dog guard to keep the interior nice, oh and removed the double din head unit, and got a Subaru pocket, and fitted my Alpine iPod jobbie which was suprisingly easy to do.

So far its ticked all the boxes for our needs, practicality, great for the dog, and most importantly for me its still great fun to drive, love the power delivery, the engine sound, and the torque, heres a few pics (from my crappy iPhone unfortunately)

Old 05 February 2011, 07:59 PM
Gary WRX
Scooby Regular

Looks like a nice motor mate welcome to scooby ownership you'll love it!
Old 05 February 2011, 09:38 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

Welcome to Scoobynet. Do you have any plans to modify or are you remaining standard?
Old 05 February 2011, 10:08 PM
steveyb73wrx
Scooby Newbie

Thanks guys :0) I had planned to just enjoy it, but after browsing around here I've already seen quite a few bits and bobs I like the look of!