Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

Fastest N/A impreza?

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2011, 06:43 PM
Tom 46
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fastest N/A impreza?

Curious to see what the fastest NA impreza is. Ive heard of a tuning company in USA who built one, but cannot remember a name or anything

Quarter mile times and power output would be great to hear from people on here.
Old 13 February 2011, 06:56 PM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

efi logic did an eg33 into a classic

youtube it
Old 13 February 2011, 10:43 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrighty338
efi logic did an eg33 into a classic

youtube it

V6 out of a Tribeca by any chance??
Old 13 February 2011, 10:51 PM
chris-RB5
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
V6 out of a Tribeca by any chance??
Don't you mean flat six
Old 13 February 2011, 10:54 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Tsk Tsk. Flat 6 out of SVX, COB

There are some EZ30 conversions too, but most of the fast ones have been turbo'd

Last edited by ALi-B; 13 February 2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 13 February 2011, 11:05 PM
Tom 46
Scooby Regular

Just wandering what the fastest one was that was running standard NA engine. So the fastest impreza sport?
Old 14 February 2011, 08:58 AM
wrighty338
Scooby Regular

there probably isnt one...im pretty sure everyone who had a sport would be wise to the fact its bigger turbo brother had a far superior engine..thus did a conversion.

Stick a mazda 3/4 rotor in there, N/A 600hp +++
Old 14 February 2011, 09:17 AM
Tom 46
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrighty338
there probably isnt one...im pretty sure everyone who had a sport would be wise to the fact its bigger turbo brother had a far superior engine..thus did a conversion.

Stick a mazda 3/4 rotor in there, N/A 600hp +++
Yeah was kinda hoping that lol. I cant insure a turbo for another year so maybe with just a good exhaust system, manifold, induction kit and maybe a re-map it could be one of the fastest! Would be great to think you've built one of the fastest (anythings) in the country.

Will have to do some 1/4 mile times through the summer, see how it goes!
Old 14 February 2011, 10:22 AM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris-RB5
Don't you mean flat six
Originally Posted by ALi-B
Tsk Tsk. Flat 6 out of SVX, COB

There are some EZ30 conversions too, but most of the fast ones have been turbo'd
Sorry, sorry I did mean the 6 cylinder engine. These Tramadol I'm taking for my whiplash are ******* up my thought process
Old 14 February 2011, 01:19 PM
Pyrotechnic
Scooby Regular

Probably more luck asking on http://www.imprezasport.net/

A lot of people do ask, general consensus is you're not going to get much more than 150bhp, and I don't think you can re-map them either.
Old 14 February 2011, 01:32 PM
smokingkills
Scooby Regular

I once owned an Impreza Sport. It was an SRX variant (pretty rare) factory figures were 160ps. Very nice car indeed, looked like a WRX but without the scoops.
Old 14 February 2011, 01:33 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqnuj58lFQI

Last edited by banny sti; 14 February 2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 14 February 2011, 01:43 PM
bluerigster
Scooby Regular

As already mentioned 320whp and 276wtq @ 8200rpm in EFI Logics EG33 power GC8 3.5 litre.
Old 14 February 2011, 01:44 PM
Dee33223
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tom 46
Yeah was kinda hoping that lol. I cant insure a turbo for another year so maybe with just a good exhaust system, manifold, induction kit and maybe a re-map it could be one of the fastest! Would be great to think you've built one of the fastest (anythings) in the country.

Will have to do some 1/4 mile times through the summer, see how it goes!

Never going to happen matey. Just wasted cash. The little you would gain with that, and quite poss make it run worse with worse mpg makes it silly.
Mapping a na car is crazy. There is no magic hidden power to be squeezed out. It does F all.
Only thing going to push the bhp up and quicken 1/4 miles times... Is a big shot of Nitrous

If you want a fast cheap n/a car id go for a vtec Honda.
But since the Scoob is a great reliable awd car, Id keep it and save pennies for the future and get a turbo Scoob you will love.
Old 14 February 2011, 01:49 PM
scooberuni
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

There's a guy who is a member of tyne tees scoobies and north east subaru forum who drives this:-

He claims to have got over 160bhp on a dyno run and has the print out to prove it.
I can't honestly remember his name though and exactly what mods he has. I think
he has a straight through exhaust though.
Old 14 February 2011, 02:00 PM
Dee33223
Scooby Regular

160bhp in a scoob is pants. Its a good job technically. If you have the love,time and money go for it.
But considering you can pick up an old *** wrx import for little over a grand. Whats the point. I know he cant insure a turbo. But he could insure a sohc vtec civic and thats actually quickish.

Last edited by Dee33223; 14 February 2011 at 02:02 PM.
Old 14 February 2011, 02:32 PM
eggy790
Scooby Regular

+1 for the vti instead - much quicker na car than a non turbo scoob
Old 14 February 2011, 05:39 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

For what the declared mods will cost you extra on your policy, you may as well have a Turbo anywho
Old 14 February 2011, 11:32 PM
Essexdon
Scooby Regular

Couple of years ago I had a Saxo VTS running around 145bhp and a friend had just purchased an Impreza Sport 2.0 Wagon, the difference in speed was embarrassing. Needless to say he wasnt impressed. Ok VTS's are rapid little things that will hang on the coat tails of Civic Type R's and 182's and the power to weight has to be taken into consideration. But its almost as if Subaru decided to de-tune the Sport thus not stepping on the toes of the turbo? 125bhp from a 16v 2.0 is pretty ****.
Old 15 February 2011, 01:24 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Essexdon
Couple of years ago I had a Saxo VTS running around 145bhp and a friend had just purchased an Impreza Sport 2.0 Wagon, the difference in speed was embarrassing. Needless to say he wasnt impressed. Ok VTS's are rapid little things that will hang on the coat tails of Civic Type R's and 182's and the power to weight has to be taken into consideration. But its almost as if Subaru decided to de-tune the Sport thus not stepping on the toes of the turbo? 125bhp from a 16v 2.0 is pretty ****.
Thing is there was no point tuning it for performance as there was the turbo version for that.

Let's be honest the Impreza Sport was only called that as a marketing exercise as everything from the suspension to the lazy engine was anything but sporty!
Old 15 February 2011, 08:10 AM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

As said before its a waste of time modding it for power. Mine has 160BHP as standard. I wouldnt say it was "pants" exactly but certainly the car deserves more power as it is very capable, I cant really imagine driving a N/A Impreza pre Hawkeye with 40BHP less.

Totally agree with choc o brian regarding insurance. My insurance is exactly the same as a WRX as its got WRX brakes, rear valance (off a GB270) and Prodrive backbox and WRX alloys.

If insurance is an issue you wont want to modify it.
Old 15 February 2011, 09:15 AM
scuuby
Scooby Regular

in 98 syms racing produced a wagon for the jtcc which was a 2.0l i bellive which produced 300bhp but they were very secretive of what had been done to the internals but had some crazy throttle body setup on it

http://www.7tune.com/1998-jtcc-syms-...impreza-wagon/
Old 15 February 2011, 10:34 AM
Dee33223
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eggy790
+1 for the vti instead - much quicker na car than a non turbo scoob

I hear you on the B16 love. One of the best engines ever made.
I had a sohc and dohc vtec civic and they are awesome cars. But insurance wise i thought the vti would not be available to him. Hence the sohc push.

Its always going to be possible to make virtually any na car become a beast if you pour cash at it. I know i had my sohc civic pushing 300whp with a rebuild from top to bottom + turbo mapped by me. I spent so much cash on it it was stupid. But back then i was single and had nothing holding me back(see family house boring things).

I loved doing it and have no regrets. It was fun taught me loads about cars and gave me kudos with the local car knobbers.

But as people told me at the time which i didnt listen to(see young dumb). It was pointless. I could have easily bought a good Scoob back then and just drove it for the cash i spunked out. My Civic ate gearboxes and was scary to drive and pretty much didnt stop. In the end i wised up sold it and bought the Scoob i have today.

Just a warning. But for you to start with a car as slow as you have. It will cost so much to make decent power. I cant be worth it unless you want to prove a point. If so go for it my man. If not save for a fast out the box beastie...Then hell build on that
Old 15 February 2011, 06:22 PM
The Stitcher
Scooby Senior

my misses has just got here second sport and both full turbo reps and find them to be very good as even tho they both look like the real turbo the insurance is half the price even with all mods declared and car is much cheaper and better on petrol

i know they don't go like the turbo but with the right modz in place can be a very good car

with a good cat back exhaust, panel filter, suspension, rear anti roll bar as they don't have them as standard and a good brake set up with rear disk conversion ,they can drive and go great

if you want the power tho its just as well drop a turbo lump in there and be done with it as spending mega on the sport engine is not worth the effort

there are a few nice sports around and have now been converted to a turbo

and if you need to know more about sports and modz to do, impreza sport net has all the how to and so on

Last edited by The Stitcher; 15 February 2011 at 06:25 PM. Reason: spelling as im thick
Old 15 February 2011, 06:39 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Mine has rear ARB and rear discs as standard which are pretty good to be honest. I upgraded to the WRX 4 pots at the front and its not a massive difference, better but not by much. I read that the R Sport is arguable a better handler as it has a lighter engine upfront and 16" alloys, they went on to say overall it is 80% of a Turbo model. Ive not driven a Turbo so cant say but it depends on what % value you place on power combined with handling, costs etc. I run out of power maybe 5% of my actual driving time, if that, so 95% of the time it has more power than I actually use/need.

Last edited by SRSport; 15 February 2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 15 February 2011, 06:40 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by catalunya 172
my misses has just got here second sport and both full turbo reps and find them to be very good as even tho they both look like the real turbo the insurance is half the price even with all mods declared and car is much cheaper and better on petrol

i know they don't go like the turbo but with the right modz in place can be a very good car

with a good cat back exhaust, panel filter, suspension, rear anti roll bar as they don't have them as standard and a good brake set up with rear disk conversion ,they can drive and go great

if you want the power tho its just as well drop a turbo lump in there and be done with it as spending mega on the sport engine is not worth the effort

there are a few nice sports around and have now been converted to a turbo

and if you need to know more about sports and modz to do, impreza sport net has all the how to and so on
What's the point though, may as well chop it in for Turbo... has to be cheaper as well.
Old 15 February 2011, 06:41 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

^^yeah I dont understand that either. It has to be cheaper, cheaper to do and insure.
Old 15 February 2011, 08:46 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Having had a Sport as my first car from passing my driving test and then having a classic Wrx afterwards, there really is no comparison. Chalk and cheese.
Old 15 February 2011, 10:50 PM
SRSport
Scooby Regular

Are you talking about the pre 06 models?
Old 15 February 2011, 11:05 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SRSport
Are you talking about the pre 06 models?
Was a 98 Sport and my two Turbos were a 95 Wrx and 99 UK Turbo. Not had a newage (yet), bit too lardy for me.

Quick Reply: Fastest N/A impreza?