Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

ouch !

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2002, 12:12 AM
Blackadder
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

On the 25th of June I was hit head on by a drunk driver.
My Scooby is a bit of a mess but hopefully it will be back on the road sometime next week.
My courtesy car is a (gulp) 1.2 corsa 'comfort'

should be able to participate in the scene again once the STI is back in fair fettle, until then I am keeping a low profile and am wearing in a balaclava in case someone recognises me.

Old 08 August 2002, 08:19 AM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Bummer mate

Hope you are OK and that it doesn't affect your driving.

Hope they throw the book at the scum, assuming he was caught? [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

See you again soon
Old 10 August 2002, 03:58 PM
Blackadder
Scooby Regular

we are both fine, no damage to us as it was a sub 30 crash.
basically he was turning left out of a side road in Burton Joyce and when i was about 10m from the junction he emerged but took a wide arc onto the right hand side of the carriageway, basically onto the right hand side of the road, or right in front of me. brakes, slide, crunch, no space to swerve and no room to brake. I was doing bang on 30 through the village and i was going slower when we collided but he was still accelerating so prob a head on of 30 or so.
He was breathalysed at the scene, as was I , he was over the limit, i hadn't had a drink for weeks, despite it being the World Cup because I had been getting really bad headaches so I was clear. Took a trip up to the hospital straight after to get the foetus and the fat lass checked out. No probs there.
The only affect on my driving has been that it now takes 10 times longer to get to 60 and not being able to overtake even a tractor or child on a tricycle without a 3 mile run up means i have to set off 15 minutes earlier for work.

B.A.