Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

So you wanna go again huh?

Search this Thread

Old 11 June 2001, 06:40 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

OK then chaps/chapesses, Due to popular demand i'll sort out more stuff.

I'm a bit dubious about doin' one every fortnight 'cos there is a danger of the novelty factor waining.

It seems like there is a meet of some sort most weekends anyway so if you really have to get a fix every week, then you should partake in the delights of the other meets

I was thinking more of a monthly meet to enable people to prepare for it, you know, let relatives, wives, girlfriends etc know in plenty of time so that they don't get lumbered with Gardening chores, day trips, garage sizing (sorry DemonDave, but you officially hold the "naffest" excuse not to attend trophy )

I will arrange a decent ( Longer) route for the next meet so make sure that you all have fuel.And my intention is to move around the county from pub to pub. This facilitates a change of scenery every now and again and also provides something to talk about during the meet (I can't believe how slow your car is etc )

Now then, suggestions of dates and duration of meets. The meets that I have attended tend to come to a natural end around about 18:00hrs if its a day time jaunt or round about 23:00 hrs if it is a pub/mealy type affair in the evening.

I prefer day time meets as families etc can come along and driving (IMHO) is more fun/safer during daylight hours. If you have a particular fetish ( ) for night time meets then sell the idea to me and we'll see

As for dates, I feel that the first Saturday of the month is a nice simple way to remember (Hanslow ) when things are. Obviously there will be times when you can't attend but thats life.

OK then, there you have it. Any other suggestions greatfully recieved but please bear in mind that I'm a Sales & Marketing manager and as such don't have the hours of free time required to organise a massive event, but i'll give any reasonable ideas a reasonable amount of time

OK let's get it on and organise ourselves a bit of a do!

MIKEY
Old 11 June 2001, 07:09 PM
Student bloke
Scooby Regular

Fantastic idea. First Saturday of each month sounds good. Hopefully I will get my photos of this weekends meet posted soon, as I have had them developed and they look bloody good, so people can see what they are missing.

Let me know if you want a hand sorting out any routes/pubs.
Old 11 June 2001, 08:11 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Well, I am not lumbered with any family, so as long as my shifts allow it, I can come along.......night time, day time any time!!! As long as there is lots of driving, I am very happy

Having said that about shifts...I may be offered a Mon-Fri position soon.........every weekend would be a Scooby Run weekend......heaven!!!!

Michelle.

Old 11 June 2001, 08:33 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Cool

Sounds good Mikey.

On Holiday the first week in July so can't make the next one.

Book me in for August.

Lee
Old 11 June 2001, 08:53 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts
Smile

Mikey 4 regional SIDC orginiser!! hip hip....

Mikey rules OK

what ever m8.

Michelle
where is it you live?

Lee
never got a go with your Focus!

Question:
other than that v6 GhiaX that followed us about, have i got the slowest car in the club????

answers on a SAE please

we hav got to go to the Unicorn when it opens though.

how about a drive to loughborogh (nice pubs on the way) via the Ruddington/bradmore/bunny roads, will then pic up south notts/north Leicester croud as will, just a thought.

or a friday nite outin' in Nottm, ending up clubbin (little seals)
i wanna swing mi eeps around Michelle and ask her if shes 'livin' la vida loca!' if so she can with me!!!
not all men that can dance are gay! remember that!!!!!! >

Phil

Old 11 June 2001, 09:10 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Cool

Phil,

I think the Focus was faster and louder than your Scoob.
You can have a go the next time we meet up, I've broken the steering and waiting for parts at the moment.

Lee
Old 11 June 2001, 11:12 PM
wrx
Scooby Regular

I'm booked (been orderd) the first week in July but anytime before or after, night or day, I'm up for it. The pubs inbetween sounds good.
Old 11 June 2001, 11:34 PM
ChrisB

If this week's Scooby shopping goes according to plan, you could twist my arm...

ChrisB.
Old 11 June 2001, 11:44 PM
Leigh
Scooby Regular

Talking

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by salsa-king:
<B>Question:
other than that v6 GhiaX that followed us about, have i got the slowest car in the club????

answers on a SAE please

we hav got to go to the Unicorn when it opens though.

how about a drive to loughborogh (nice pubs on the way) via the Ruddington/bradmore/bunny roads, will then pic up south notts/north Leicester croud as will, just a thought.

[/quote]

Phil, the reason for your car's lack of performance is the sheer weight of stickers!

As for the next meet, Saturday daytimes suit me best, that way my other half can go shopping while I'm out & everyone's a winner! (not least the shoe shop owners! lol! )
If you want to head out Loughborough way, there are some great roads around Woodhouse & Quorn, where you can have an enjoyable blast without going at silly speeds. (You have to be a bit careful of horses, mind!)
...In fact, I've just discovered a great bit of twisty road between Quorn & Swithland...
There's also a good pub at Woodhouse Eve's, (The Bulls Head) where there has been a Midlands meet previously, nice place, food, big car park etc.
The only Saturday I can't make in July is the 14th. (I'm off to sunnier surroundings for a week!)

Leigh
LETS GET IT ON!!
Old 12 June 2001, 12:43 AM
DemonDave
Scooby Regular

I will try and be there to pick up my trophy , I can use the excuse of drive to send the little one to sleep !
Old 12 June 2001, 08:06 AM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Wink

Who's she gonna go for chaps, Trouser or Phil?

Vote now

MIKEY
Old 12 June 2001, 08:08 AM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Smile

Oh yeah, can we get this thread back on line pleeeeeze

Mikey
Old 12 June 2001, 10:12 AM
Trouser
Scooby Regular

Talking

Wow... this could be the hottest dancefloor action since Saturday night Fever.... Salsa grooves versus Disco Moves. hmmm

Let's not forget that i was a *member* of Nottinghams worst and most dismally rehearsed professional dance troupes "The ISIS International Crap Dancers" (sadly, not a joke).... so i've got more moves than Pickfords!

Oh yeah, sorry this is a Scooby BBS innit?... forgot for a minute there. Mikey anything u say is fine with me.. u did a bloody good job last time.

Just a thought but on our way to Leics we could all go Karting on the A46.. that would settle it once and for all. It would be nice for Craig to drive something with brakes for a change as well

See u all soon
Trouser

Cheers steve for me pic by the way!

Old 12 June 2001, 11:04 AM
craigamungos
Scooby Regular

Talking

So not only will i be the fastest but i'll be able to stop as well. Need to be kept informed about simons P1 as i am the fastest rocket in town and i can have him beating me.
Roll on the next meet (be on my own next time though )
Old 12 June 2001, 01:27 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Well done peeps, there's some good suggestions there, what with pubs, Go-karting, clubbing, etc.

I'm gonna find out about the karting (Prices availiability etc) but bear in mind that if you say that you are coming to kart, you are committed cos there are costs involved

I also like the idea of meeting up with another region. Anyone fancy organising a leicester/derby meet? (Go on, you know you want to )

The dates that I am going to work with are:
Saturday 7th July
Saturday 4th August
Saturday 1st September
Saturday 6th October

We (Yep everyone who attends them) will then have a quick review, see how they are going (successful or not) and decide if a winter programme is required.

Wicked, I've got some calls to make, keep the ideas comin'

Mikey
Old 12 June 2001, 02:09 PM
ChrisB

Cool

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>It would be interesting to see a man who can dance too!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's well known though, that after a minimum of five pints, any bloke can dance!

ChrisB.
Old 12 June 2001, 03:30 PM
Trouser
Scooby Regular

Yeah, but Chris..... like yer Dad doesn't count..

Mikey. If u get 16 or more at Fosse karting, it gets really cheap and you can do a mini endurance race, (teams, pit stops etc..) its a really good way for any new people to do a bit of bondage,.... er no sorry i mean bonding I booked it last year for me mates stag weekend and its funny!

Cheers

Michael Trousemacher
Old 12 June 2001, 06:45 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Karting? Did someone mention karting? Outdoor or indoor?

Excellent, I'll get my practice in on the 22nd with that mad Scottish bunch in Endinburgh then.

Anybody coming up for that? I think there are still places available.....could be wrong...but my email is playing up so I can't check at the moment........
Old 12 June 2001, 06:53 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Do they have lamposts on a karting course ( oops )
Anyway, I'm up for it, and an overnighter and a club and a beer or two or three or more and a girl or two or three or more and a...........well anyway, I'm up for it !
Old 12 June 2001, 07:08 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Wink

ok Chris will you let us borrow!!! some of those 'jonny's' when we're out on the pull.

Think i could swing mi way round Michelle (+ Jeanette) no problem.

off to Salsa practice now in Derby.

c u later

ps
Kartin' yep!

Phil
Old 13 June 2001, 09:40 AM
Trouser
Scooby Regular

Talking

Yes please Mikey!

count me in for sure!... i'm not fast... but i can slide a lot. Anyway, you always get the best view of the race action from the back of the grid doncha?

Yeah, Michelle when they talk about the "Pole Postion" they dont mean indented in your bonnet ..... i expect Salsa King to insert some **** there

Club wise, i might be able to pull a few strokes if you fancy one of the lager clubs... sorry that should read laRger clubs just let me know

So is this the start of the Notts "Drive and Jive" event then?... or even better..."Race, Bass and get off yer face"....

ROCK ON!!!!!

Mika Trousenan
Old 13 June 2001, 12:21 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Wink

So i've started to talk to the Go-karting place and started thinking about routes etc, I would like to start factoring in numbers of potential attendees.

Please bear in mind that this bit is really quite important so if you are not sure if you are gonna be free....Check

Ask ya missuses if she has anything planned, any relatives Birthdays, moving house, shopping, w/e romantic breaks, working shifts, car in for service, peole from Austrailia visiting, dog getting it's knackers lopped off, baby due, meeting long lost women , Visiting Ikea, Watching the match/Grand Prix/rally, you get the Idea.

Putting ya name down DOESN'T commit you ultimatley because life goes on and S**t happens, but please check first and arrange around the meet if possible.

I've just read that and it reads like a set of orders, sorry but thats the only way i can put me point across quickly.

Also, if people commit then more people follow. How many times have you asked ya mate if he's going to the pub to hear them say "..who else is going?"

The more people that go, the more scoobs there are in one place

The more scoobs, the more ideas, the more banter, the more knowledge gained, the more LAUGHS

So put ya names on me provisional list cos i've only got 3 weeks to suss this one and I need ya help to make it a blinder.

Cheers

MIKEY
Old 13 June 2001, 01:18 PM
craigamungos
Scooby Regular

Wink

Put my name down Can see what it's like to have some brakes
As for the clubing I'll go to that if it's arranged but you wont get me on any dance floor (unless you want it emptying) I make Mr Bean look good.
Old 13 June 2001, 05:06 PM
Trouser
Scooby Regular

Hey Craig.... was it u i saw the other day, coming the other way?... ... i dunno..... i just couldn't read the number plate at all ... Whats it say again?

Only playin' wit ya!!

Should have some 4 pots next week, chap

Remember to drop some bloody alarm leaflets off!!!!!

Cheers

Satoru Trousagima
Old 13 June 2001, 06:05 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Well thats three of you

C'mon folks, let's live a little eh?

Mikey
Old 13 June 2001, 07:42 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Arrow

and me!!

Paul / Michelle
'pole postion'? i sthat something to do with 'lap dancing'? so Michelles good at it then i hear?

Phil
Old 13 June 2001, 07:46 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

It was a *roadsign* not a lampost!!!!!

Anyway at least I drive my car to the max and not like a wuss, unlike some P1 owners

Michelle.
Old 13 June 2001, 08:55 PM
Mellow Yellow !
Scooby Regular

Ha.......ferkin Ha.....Ha........You know I'll get you for that girlie, dont forget who's the fat controller Just coz you didn't like my sounds........Eminem, Snoop, Coldplay, Craig David etc...I will not have your Steps, Heresay or Five CD albums in my car......so rassssssp ! Anyway......you found that mint yet
Old 14 June 2001, 04:40 AM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Trouser,

I thought if I indent the pole position to my front end, I could guarantee it every time

Club wise, I'll be up for any decent ones, but can you and Phil keep up with my all night dancing ????
Lap dancing?? Who said I was good at lap dancing? come on own up - who let the secret out!!!!

Chris B - lets not go there with the music taste and I certainly DO NOT go for those dodgy pop wannabes, hand me over some proper dance music!!!!

Mellow, no probs with your music dear, its just you drive to the pace of your music - slow (Oh I am going to pay for this!!!!)
Oh and I need to do a bit more indepth searching, that MINT is proving hard to find

Michelle.

[This message has been edited by MichelleWRX1994 (edited 14 June 2001).]
Old 14 June 2001, 09:08 AM
selim
Scooby Regular

Put me down ,i'll be up for the meets.

Get my car back tomorrow after the damage due to theft - can't wait!!!

Miles

Quick Reply: So you wanna go again huh?