Midlands (England) Midlands Meetings & Events

Worcester sucks......

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2001, 12:03 AM
Topjimo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Yeh me to was gutted, wax the dam car as well.
The new people at Listers were only interested in flogging cars, thank god for Spike, Dale and the rest of the work shop lads there was more conversation with them than the rest of the sales crew :O

I have also spotted a duck-aster problem with the duck comp, but have posted it in the general area of bbs for all to see.

Old 06 August 2001, 10:48 AM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

....ok so loads of peeps turned up over the 2day listers do this weekend which in itself was quite good......but where the f*** were the SIDC?? not a stand not a concourse thingy....effing pathetic ......in all the fliers for the event this was promised.....wan***s wish I never made the 300 mile round trip now....
Old 06 August 2001, 11:07 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sorry you were so miffed, Rich...

It was good to see so many cars and people there.

I posted a thread weeks ago, about the "supposed" SIDC presence after seeing the advert in a local rag.

Same old flannel from the same old dealership - Nothing changes.

(Sigh)
Old 06 August 2001, 02:51 PM
Topjimo
Scooby Regular

Cool

Duck question has been answered, and all is well.
I stand corrected, one large humble pie, to go please.
Old 06 August 2001, 03:11 PM
Neil Micklethwaite
Scooby Regular

Cool

So Jimbo - Did ya win then ?
Old 06 August 2001, 03:22 PM
Topjimo
Scooby Regular

Wink

What da ya think ? Boo Hoo
It was a good week end, I thought you would have been their?

At least I got to play with something in the bath on Sunday night, the duck.

Old 06 August 2001, 07:25 PM
schuey
Scooby Regular

Thought the whole weekend was a big let down.
At least I got to meet a few new people and see some interesting cars, though not at Listers. All the good cars were in the pub carpark. SIDC no where to be seen.

Jon

Trending Topics

Old 06 August 2001, 08:05 PM
MichelleWRX1994
Scooby Regular

Question

Out of interest, did anyone take an import? If so what was the reaction?
Old 07 August 2001, 11:39 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Cool

Hi Peeps,
Glad I missed it if was that bad Did anyone get a go in the new UK300?

Tony
Old 08 August 2001, 01:14 AM
Jaz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Pulled onto the Crown carpark and got greeted by my old Cavalier CDX, now sporting Laguna splitter, rear spoiler, different wheels and a big bore exhaust.

Makes you wonder why I bought the Scoob, NOT (miss all the electric gizmo's though)

Had a chat with Glen who told me the gearbox was not hooked up in the WRC car, but could not afford the 13K per month

Good day if you wanted to buy a car perhaps

Saw James in the P1 but had to leave to pick up kids. Wanted to come back but had to errect my new shed

John
Old 08 August 2001, 01:16 AM
Jaz
Scooby Regular

Squizz,
You can have my DUCK if you want it

John

edited dew to not beeing oble to spel at this silly tyme

[This message has been edited by Jaz (edited 08 August 2001).]
Old 08 August 2001, 12:00 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

....wasnt that it was *that* bad...the usual guys at Listers helped me out a helluva lot this weekend - so a big thanks to all the lads in the service dept especially Chris...saved me bacon on sat am.....i agree that the sales guys are unfriendly to us enthusiasts - shame they wont realise that they dipped out on 31K that mum was gonna give em for a P1 on sat....might change their attitudes if that happens a bit more......
hopefully the new gaffer will be abit more open to us lot......

The fact of the matter is that the SIDC let its members down....what am I getting for my 2o quid apart from a couple of mags a year?? thought they could have at least had a presence......

(rant off) til the next time.....
Old 08 August 2001, 12:00 PM
SCOOP
Scooby Regular

Angry

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by schuey:
<B>Thought the whole weekend was a big let down.
At least I got to meet a few new people and see some interesting cars, though not at Listers. All the good cars were in the pub carpark. SIDC no where to be seen.

Jon

Well we bought along my mates 22B and parked it in Listers, what type of good cars were you looking for exactly !!!!!

SCOOP
[/quote]

Old 09 August 2001, 10:14 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Richard Askew:
<B>....ok so loads of peeps turned up over the 2day listers do this weekend which in itself was quite good......but where the f*** were the SIDC?? not a stand not a concourse thingy....effing pathetic ......in all the fliers for the event this was promised.....wan***s wish I never made the 300 mile round trip now....[/quote]

Richard, very sorry that you feel like that.

But lets get a few things straight...

First, I gave up my Saturday and drove the 2.5 hour drive each way to be there, costing me 70 quid in fuel, so I could chat to other owners and club members.

Second, I would have liked to have been there on Sunday too, but this was one of the 25 weekends a year I get to see my daughter and having given up 50% of it you were just going to have to do without me on the Sunday.

Third, Did you ring David Twist to enter the concourse (as my original post)? No, in fact <B>NO ONE</B> did. Hence no concourse. You can't complain that there is no competition if no one wanted to enter.

I am sorry you felt it was a waste of time, even if they did repair your car on their open day. I enjoyed Saturday and it was great to chat to so many people. I thought Listers laid on a good weekend, with rally cars, BBQ, test drives, clown and PC game challenge.

As for a stand, the club does not have one. We have, in the past two weeks, commisioned the manufacture of a full range of club clothing. In future we will be able to bring this to events. If people want to join the club, this can now be done on any internet PC, with a credit card.

Perhaps, considering your dissapointment, you would be willing to give up say 10 weekends a year, using your own fuel and expenses, to drive around the country and man such a stand, for the benefit of other members.

"What does my club do for me?" or "What can I do for my club?"
Old 09 August 2001, 01:40 PM
spider
Scooby Regular

"Did anyone get a go in the new UK300? - Tony"

Yup - and the modded P1, good fun! Trouble is my other half now wants a UK300 PPP - she'd better get earning then!

This was our first ever Scooby meet of any kind so we didn't know what to expect. Luckily, the folks we met have encouraged us to go again.

Had a good chat with Schuey and Darren (who we'd chased up the M5 the day before), got to interrupt Squizz, James and partners as they were just tucking into lunch! Good crowd all round.

The couple of Listers guys we spoke to were very friendly & helpful - Paul Dowler wasn't at all fazed at my 'enthusiastic' test drive of the UK300 and he really does seem keen to vastly improve their reputation amongst us enthusiasts. I wish him luck (no I haven't got a connection with them, last time I used Listers it was a VW dealership! )

Man of the day has to be Dale - there always seemed to be a queue at the parts hatch and he still managed to smile and be very helpful (despite the night before apparently!)

Just our humble (!) opinions. See you all again soon.

Cheers
Steve & Mags
Old 09 August 2001, 02:55 PM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Spider - Hello mate! Nice to meet you.

Pete - I posted a thread about the SIDC presence and the concours, but never saw any reply. I guess I should have kept more of an eye on the 'net for developments.
Old 09 August 2001, 07:10 PM
schuey
Scooby Regular

Spider, good to meet you and glad you enjoyed your test drives.

Scoop, when I was there ( Sunday ) most people parked in the pub carpark. As I was about to leave a couple of P1s pulled into Listers, which improved the forecourt no end. What cars in the carpark, some heavily modified MY01s which actually looked rather good ( can't beleive the differemce to a standard MY01 ), the usual modified pre MY01 and a couple of top draw STis.

The point I was trying to make was that given all the hype in the local press, I just found it on the disappointing side.

Jon

Old 09 August 2001, 07:38 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>.

First, I gave up my Saturday and drove the 2.5 hour drive each way to be there, costing me 70 quid in fuel, so I could chat to other owners and club members.
[QUOTE]

Pete I saw u there on Sat and said hello as u walked past....thats the last I saw of you as u were talking shop with the sales blokes everytime I saw you...then you left

[QUOTE]

Perhaps, considering your dissapointment, you would be willing to give up say 10 weekends a year, using your own fuel and expenses, to drive around the country and man such a stand, for the benefit of other members.

[QUOTE]

Pete - I have done this for Sixty and Worcestershire Motorclub for the last 5 years including Treasurer,Chief Marshall,Equipment Officer etc etc
I was Chief Marshall on the Woodpecker stages 2yrs running and organised several safety training days...I gave up every weekend apart from 3 during 1999 to give safety cover on events and I was the marshall on the Manx International 2000 who pulled Daniel Dogherty out of his Scoob WRC98 after his monumental accident and tended to him til the ambulance got there...for this I dont get paid or expenses - in fact the Manx cost me 780 quid for the week ..I'm not adverse to giving up my time for the sport I love and this goes for the scooby community too

[QUOTE]

"What does my club do for me?" or "What can I do for my club?"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have spoken to Stef on several occasions explaining how I can help out with the SIDC but have had nothing back....... the offer is still open Pete
Old 09 August 2001, 10:05 PM
Matty B
Scooby Regular

Well i went along on Sunday a.m. b4 noon to have a look.

It was kinda interesting, but not enough for a family day out

Saw the 22B in the forecourt - it looked the biz even if it wasn't a Listers car (it was a David Hendry supplied one) and it looked the best of the available ones, and that includes those on the Crown too (sorry James, but its still better than a P1)

Squizz - on your way thro' Worcester Sunday afternoon, the yellow Mini that flashed you was Jonathan's (he took me over to Listers in it earlier on)

Didn't see anyone at Listers at all that I knew apart from James who was gassing a lot

Matthew
Old 09 August 2001, 10:29 PM
darren johnson
Scooby Regular

hello guys i was too, more impressed with the cars in the car park than in listers allready ripped of by listers so not got much time for um. off to bedford autodrome tomorrow for first ever track day and really looking forward to it checked the car and all ready to go. got the digi video cam ready plus me and lou are booked to go in the f1 car really can,t wait ,n ice to meet you spider & the misses see you again soon up for any meet any time see you soon DAZ......
Old 10 August 2001, 12:46 AM
Squizz
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Matty B:
<B>Squizz - on your way thro' Worcester Sunday afternoon, the yellow Mini that flashed you was Jonathan's (he took me over to Listers in it earlier on)
[/quote]

Oops - Mini? What mini?

Missed ya completely, sorry. Probably arguing with Karen about something...

Old 10 August 2001, 08:29 AM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Richard

Thanks for your mail and your offer of help. I'll have a chat with Stef today, so we can get you involved.
Old 11 August 2001, 09:09 PM
Matty B
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Squizz:
[B] Oops - Mini? What mini? /B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The one you drove over
Luckily I wasn't in it tho'

Matthew

Old 13 August 2001, 01:34 PM
Fizz
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry I missed it I was on holiday. I am somewhat alarmed at your reply Pete. Some people have not got the time or money to sit on the Net all day. I am a member of SIDC and heard nothing of this event outside of the BBS. Also I am somewhat amazed at your outburst. You are not the club and the club is not you. Like Richard I have helped at various events for my club when involved in rallying. We also organise events on worcestershire for the club and have turned up to other events to promote the club.
Old 13 August 2001, 03:22 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Hi Fizz.

You are quite right, please accept my apologies. I was having a bad day

The Worcester region is very well run and a credit to those that put the time and effort in. As far as I know, this has never been disputed.

I spoke to Richard at Bedford and we have mailed each other. Richard will be helping us man the Trax2001 club stand and we are very grateful for his help.

With regard to hearing about the event, Listers wrote to the 4500 owners/potential owners known to them and it was published on here. Time did not allow it to go into True Grip.