Notices
Non Car Related Items For sale This forum contains only non car related items for sale by our members.

Commencal Meta AM All Mountain Bike

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2014, 03:24 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Commencal Meta AM All Mountain Bike

Commencal Meta AM3 - LARGE

With a heavy heart I am selling my Commencal Meta AM3. I bought this bike late 2012, and managed two rides at Afan and one at Bedgebury, a few local street rides but unfortunately fell seriously ill shortly after which means I can no longer ride, so it hasn't been ridden since and has been living in the spare room.

Apologies for the poor photos, iPhone and a cloudy day!

I paid a little under £2299.99 from Cloud 9 Cycles, London, who set the bike up for me. I replaced the original Float RL rear shock to the far superior RP23 and had it Push Tuned, just to make it perfect. I then added a Commencal rear shock mud guard, a set of white Superstar Ultra Mag Ti Lightweight pedals, a shorter Race Face Ride stem and had the best two rides of my life at Afan! It had a tune up after the last ride, and everything was re-torqued and the headset tightened.

The bike is planted, but agile and literally makes you take routes you never thought was possible and live to tell the tale. The stiffness from the thru-axels really sets it apart from other bikes around this price area and the 2 x 10 gears, which I was worried about at first, are actually perfect, I always seem to be in the 'right' gear.

Overall it cost me around £2699.99, but obviously they are reduced now, yet remember this has the RP23 shock and a few extra bits

£1400

Condition

Excellent condition. Needs a little cleaning and possibly a tune up as its sat for so long but overall a fantastic condition bike.

I did heli-tape the underside when I bought it but there are a few tiny chips out of the paint from Afan's rocky Skyline descent, nothing major and barely noticeable.

Chain has a magic link in one section

NOTE: The Rock Shox Reverb seat post and Charge saddle are NOT included in this sale. It will be replaced with the standard Commencal AM branded items, which are new and only used on the test ride out of the shop. Happy to discuss a deal if you want both of them, just email me for a chat! Also Included in the sale is the original Commencal stem.

Last edited by Trinity; 13 April 2014 at 02:19 PM.
Old 29 April 2014, 07:17 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what are you selling the dropper seat post for ?
Old 29 April 2014, 02:55 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Sorry mate, bike and post sold at the weekend for £1600
Old 15 May 2014, 04:50 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So sorry to see you sold this chap...

I remember you destroying me at Afan (Skyline descent) on this... how long did you have to wait for me..?

Last edited by rossi_p; 15 May 2014 at 04:52 PM.
Old 15 May 2014, 06:19 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

Yeah was pretty gutting Hopefully one day i'll be able to ride again.

Ah good times that was, yeah I had had two smokes and a cup of tea by the time you made it down...but you had driven us all the way there, and rode on a hard tail without crashing and your *** survived to tell the story, that is the thing of legends

Did you ever get a Norco?
Old 15 May 2014, 07:17 PM
rossi_p
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me know when/if you get back on the saddle, I'm sure finishing so far ahead will put a smile on your face.

Nah, still have the same hard tail. I'm just not good enough to warrant spending lots on a new one and I still enjoy smashing my way up and down. Did about 2,500 miles on it last year!
Old 15 May 2014, 07:25 PM
Trinity
Scooby Regular

One the first things i'll do buddy, but looking years away

That bike will be a legend in itself one day! Still think you should at least rent a full susser at afan just for a day, and see what you are missing