Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Interparcel - keep clear!

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2014, 09:54 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Interparcel - keep clear!

It's taken me some serious time to wake up and smell the coffee, but I have now realised that this company are a set of tw@ts

I've had rants on here about them in the past, and like a mug I have threatened to stop using them but continued regardless. But I am now done, they have pissed me about for a final time!

Parcel Booked on Tuesday for Collection Wednesday, for Delivery Thursday, or Friday at the very latest..

Recipient wished for the parcel to be delivered before Weekend.

Citylink turned up at the wife's shop to collect the parcel (one of two waiting for collection). Driver said it was the wrong address to his notes and left the parcel although it had their printed address label and invoice attached to the package.

Interparcel contacted and the situations explained to them...... The said the driver was unfortunately routed away from the collection point and that he wasn't in the neighbourhood to collect the parcel Yet he actually walked into the shop and stated he wasn't going to collect it

Wednesday - Ok so there is still time to have this collected and delivered before weekend. I expressed my concern to Interparcel that this must be delivered before weekend. They said they could not guarantee it, but they would hope that the parcel would be delivered the following day......

Thursday - Parcel still in the shop........... An angry Mr Day is on the phone to the thick tw@ts demanding that it is collected Today or Friday at the very latest and delivered for Saturday lunch time. They said that they service I had booked would not offer a Saturday delivery, yet I demanded that this is the service they now need to upgrade too because they have failed to uphold their agreement for a 48 carrier service..........

Friday - Parcel still in the shop.......... Fuming I have now resorted to this post letting people know that "my opinion" of this company is terrible and that their customer service is practically non existent. Also "my opinion" of Citylink carriers is that they are incapable of providing a service and are obviously employing people with no moral compass.

My second email sent to Interparcel yesterday prior to the third day they failed to make a collection. this is after 4 telehpne conversations where they promised to make the collection the following day

Dear ........

Firstly let me say this is not personal,I know this is not your fault personally.

However had this parcel been collected onthe day it was supposed to be collected (Wednesday), then it would have met myrequirements of delivery before the weekend.

My cost for this service was £12.18, Ibooked the carrier service on Tuesday for collection on Wednesday. In theorythe delivery would have been made on Thursday or Friday. However you stillhaven’t collected the parcel and its now Friday afternoon which is completelyunacceptable.

Should I have booked it for Next Daydelivery for the extra £3.00, but you would have still failed the agreeddelivery date as you still haven’t collected it.

Whilst on subject, this parcel is also tobe collected, also booked at the same time which is another customer let downby this poor service as this is still waiting collection too……….

Order number: ABCDEFG
Tracking Number: 1234567890

I cannot express my disappointmentenough, your replies of apologies don’t cut it with me I am afraid. I must havespent a reasonable amount with you over the years with parcels collected fromBB18 6UN, BB18 6BL & BB18 6NZ. However I have been messed about for thelast time with this. You have never offered to upgrade a service to makeamends, or compensate for the lack of service.

Interparcel show no genuine remorse andthis happens all too frequently. I used Interparcel to send some Engine partsto Europe which I sold on eBay a few years ago, this service cost me over £40for which the package ought to have been delivered in 5 working days. You took4 weeks, yes 20 working days! You cost me the sale on eBay, poor feedback oneBay, cost of getting the parcel collected from overseas back to me, and thegarage (recipient) serious frustration and loss of earnings.

Your customer service is the worst I haveexperienced with any service.

You are clearly not prepared to go theextra mile with this and get the parcel(s) upgraded service or offer anycompensation, so for that I am done with trying to get done what is right. Noneof your customer service team have a moral compass, you have no understandingof customer satisfaction, and that I to you is just profit with no care of anyrespectful common decency to rectify mistakes made.

I will be contacting senior management ofInterparcel to express me serious disgust in the way that customer issues arehandled.

Regards

Robert Day
Old 28 June 2014, 10:01 AM
*matthewturb2000*
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UPS all the way .....
Old 28 June 2014, 10:16 AM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I used to work for city link, nobody in there gives a ****, walking around like zombies.....

It was only th3 subcontract drivers who were human i think
Old 29 June 2014, 08:42 AM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob Day
It's taken me some serious time to wake up and smell the coffee, but I have now realised that this company are a set of tw@ts

I've had rants on here about them in the past, and like a mug I have threatened to stop using them but continued regardless. But I am now done, they have pissed me about for a final time!

Parcel Booked on Tuesday for Collection Wednesday, for Delivery Thursday, or Friday at the very latest..

Recipient wished for the parcel to be delivered before Weekend.

Citylink turned up at the wife's shop to collect the parcel (one of two waiting for collection). Driver said it was the wrong address to his notes and left the parcel although it had their printed address label and invoice attached to the package.

Interparcel contacted and the situations explained to them...... The said the driver was unfortunately routed away from the collection point and that he wasn't in the neighbourhood to collect the parcel Yet he actually walked into the shop and stated he wasn't going to collect it

Wednesday - Ok so there is still time to have this collected and delivered before weekend. I expressed my concern to Interparcel that this must be delivered before weekend. They said they could not guarantee it, but they would hope that the parcel would be delivered the following day......

Thursday - Parcel still in the shop........... An angry Mr Day is on the phone to the thick tw@ts demanding that it is collected Today or Friday at the very latest and delivered for Saturday lunch time. They said that they service I had booked would not offer a Saturday delivery, yet I demanded that this is the service they now need to upgrade too because they have failed to uphold their agreement for a 48 carrier service..........

Friday - Parcel still in the shop.......... Fuming I have now resorted to this post letting people know that "my opinion" of this company is terrible and that their customer service is practically non existent. Also "my opinion" of Citylink carriers is that they are incapable of providing a service and are obviously employing people with no moral compass.

My second email sent to Interparcel yesterday prior to the third day they failed to make a collection. this is after 4 telehpne conversations where they promised to make the collection the following day

Dear ........

Firstly let me say this is not personal,I know this is not your fault personally.

However had this parcel been collected onthe day it was supposed to be collected (Wednesday), then it would have met myrequirements of delivery before the weekend.

My cost for this service was £12.18, Ibooked the carrier service on Tuesday for collection on Wednesday. In theorythe delivery would have been made on Thursday or Friday. However you stillhaven’t collected the parcel and its now Friday afternoon which is completelyunacceptable.

Should I have booked it for Next Daydelivery for the extra £3.00, but you would have still failed the agreeddelivery date as you still haven’t collected it.

Whilst on subject, this parcel is also tobe collected, also booked at the same time which is another customer let downby this poor service as this is still waiting collection too……….

Order number: ABCDEFG
Tracking Number: 1234567890

I cannot express my disappointmentenough, your replies of apologies don’t cut it with me I am afraid. I must havespent a reasonable amount with you over the years with parcels collected fromBB18 6UN, BB18 6BL & BB18 6NZ. However I have been messed about for thelast time with this. You have never offered to upgrade a service to makeamends, or compensate for the lack of service.

Interparcel show no genuine remorse andthis happens all too frequently. I used Interparcel to send some Engine partsto Europe which I sold on eBay a few years ago, this service cost me over £40for which the package ought to have been delivered in 5 working days. You took4 weeks, yes 20 working days! You cost me the sale on eBay, poor feedback oneBay, cost of getting the parcel collected from overseas back to me, and thegarage (recipient) serious frustration and loss of earnings.

Your customer service is the worst I haveexperienced with any service.

You are clearly not prepared to go theextra mile with this and get the parcel(s) upgraded service or offer anycompensation, so for that I am done with trying to get done what is right. Noneof your customer service team have a moral compass, you have no understandingof customer satisfaction, and that I to you is just profit with no care of anyrespectful common decency to rectify mistakes made.

I will be contacting senior management ofInterparcel to express me serious disgust in the way that customer issues arehandled.

Regards

Robert Day
I think you need some space

Old 29 June 2014, 08:59 AM
veerinder9
Scooby Regular

Was this for my parcel? Lol
Old 29 June 2014, 09:13 AM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Ups or TNT for me, I know too very we'll how these companies operate.
Folk think ups is expensive, but not via parcel2go. I have not once ever needed to chase a parcel in 7 years.
I've got 2 parcels to arrange today and 1 of them is to Austria. (Think I may use sh1ttylink )

Last edited by bustaMOVEs; 29 June 2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old 29 June 2014, 09:49 AM
Rob Day
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by veerinder9
Was this for my parcel? Lol
Yes and another parcel. I ended hand delivering the other last night on the bike (3 hour round trip )

Yours is going post office Monday pal, sgain sorry for the delay!

Rob

Last edited by Rob Day; 29 June 2014 at 09:51 AM.

Trending Topics

Old 29 June 2014, 09:55 AM
veerinder9
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rob Day
Yes and another parcel. I ended hand delivering the other last night on the bike (3 hour round trip )

Yours is going post office Monday pal, sgain sorry for the delay!

Rob
Woah. Lol that's fine mate no worries
Old 29 June 2014, 01:31 PM
Scoobydoo Ste
Scooby Regular

I have used interparcel hundreds (literally) of times and never had a problem - I always use their economy option which is UPS.

The problem is, you opted for another service which uses City Link which apparently are ****e...
Old 29 June 2014, 03:54 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

City link are pants,and I worked for them many years ago,office staff are like dragging a dead cow.
One thing you need to realise with some transport/logistics companies is,the planners,transport managers etc,often haven't got a clue how to run things.
This is because they have never had to climb the ladder.Come straight out of uni and sit in an office thinking they know it all.
Never had to do deliveries/collections in a van or truck,being on the ground doing it.
Old 29 June 2014, 04:54 PM
jaygsi
Scooby Regular

Received 257 Likes on 223 Posts

Rob interparcel are to pricey now, just google parcel and tones of companies pop up, i always price check, parceltogo an't bad, as they have upgraded my parcel once, other time said they could't.

To be honest i found citylink and TNT the best, not the cheapest, UPS not bad, worst Yodel by far, not turning up or loosing parcel.
Old 29 June 2014, 06:18 PM
cuprajake
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Interparcel but always pick tnt option.
Old 29 June 2014, 06:50 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
City link are pants,and I worked for them many years ago,office staff are like dragging a dead cow.
One thing you need to realise with some transport/logistics companies is,the planners,transport managers etc,often haven't got a clue how to run things.
This is because they have never had to climb the ladder.Come straight out of uni and sit in an office thinking they know it all.
Never had to do deliveries/collections in a van or truck,being on the ground doing it.
I work for a big retail company, and the 3 team leaders who are in charge of the van drivers who also organize the delivery's and basically tell all the van drivers how to drive, 2 of them haven't got a drivers license
Biggest pair of a55holes you have ever meet, who are clearly out of there comfort zone, and have no clue how deliveries work, but get by as they really suck up to the big gaffers.
Old 29 June 2014, 06:55 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I use P2G and always select UPS, Parcel Force 24 or, TNT Never had any issues Avoid Yodel, Sh1ttylink and Hermes
Old 29 June 2014, 07:34 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *matthewturb2000*
UPS all the way .....
+1
About the best you can get IMO.
They're not fool proof, but nobody is these days.
Old 29 June 2014, 09:44 PM
RICHARD J
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scoobydoo Ste
I have used interparcel hundreds (literally) of times and never had a problem - I always use their economy option which is UPS.

The problem is, you opted for another service which uses City Link which apparently are ****e...
Me too, find them really cheap & never had a problem.
Old 30 June 2014, 05:32 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 53
I use P2G and always select UPS, Parcel Force 24 or, TNT Never had any issues Avoid Yodel, Sh1ttylink and Hermes
This is it, it's who you select for sending parcel when using these courier agency's.

Few quid more maybe than the cheaper ones but then you know you have less change in problems accuring.
Old 30 June 2014, 07:09 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
I work for a big retail company, and the 3 team leaders who are in charge of the van drivers who also organize the delivery's and basically tell all the van drivers how to drive, 2 of them haven't got a drivers license
Biggest pair of a55holes you have ever meet, who are clearly out of there comfort zone, and have no clue how deliveries work, but get by as they really suck up to the big gaffers.

Sounds about right.Things will go **** when is no understanding/good communication between driver and planner,I've seen it.Two planners in an office sitting opposite each other,one will call a driver,how you getting on,ten minutes later the other will call the same driver,how you getting on The two won't talk to each and send each other e mails,they sitting two feet away.
Glad I got the years experience under me doing UK and Europe,ain't got to put up with the ****.you'll find most with a few years experience and tidy record won't put up with it,because we don't have too.