Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

LINE RENTAL QUESTION...???

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2014, 02:59 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If I was to switch paying line rental from BT to Sky then, in an event of line issue/failure, who would be responsible to sort it i.e. who would I need to contact: Sky or BT?

I'm assuming, BT, as it'll be a hardware/infrastructure issue(?)......

Last edited by joz8968; 29 June 2014 at 03:07 PM.
Old 29 June 2014, 03:12 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have just gone through weeks of hassle...sh1te Internet , cross lines on the phone ....the lot

First out sky....blame bt
Bt out ....blame sky
Sky back out...^^^^ see above
6-8 weeks this has gone on , bt have given us 12 months free , sky have waivered the last 6 months net (so next 6 months are free) , offered us free movies for the year which we told them to shove up there arrr. Ses.

Internet is still w@nk , leaves the box at the top of my street at 15meg?? , I have under 1 meg (?) at the router

Neither will take responsibility but keep trying to palm us off with 'freebies' we don't want.....we just want what we pay for

Anyway it's Sunday....I would download a bit of **** but it would be quicker to walk 3 miles to town for a copy of the razzle

Forking sky and bt
Old 29 June 2014, 03:31 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Aaah, EXACTLY! what I thought would be the case! :brickwal Really sorry to hear your tale of woe, though.

I'll forget it then (I was gonna take advantage of Sky's free BB for 24 months - if switched line rental - offer). But now not gonna bother.

As it happens, I recently had a line problem (not working), but BT's automated online reporting/repair service (with excellent online status tracking) worked faultlessly - very impressed. Which I don't say lightly, given how utter ****e the customer service from our 'national suppliers' usually is - as you have just found out!

That's why I cautiously asked the question in the first place.

Many thanks for your input (to potentially prevent me from going through a similar future experience).

Last edited by joz8968; 29 June 2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 29 June 2014, 03:34 PM
netbeast
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and all because of the rubbish infrastructure from the node (green box) to your socket in the wall. probably the copper cables are good 30 years old - how much do you expect from that?

when I moved house, I moved my Sky internet connection with me, and for that they called BT which dealt with the connection part.

The engineer came and set up the line etc, but asked me where I want the socket to be, because if it would not be connected straight away to the main socket, I would lose about 5meg just because of the wire connection and interference it would pick up (like a radio antenna). Since it did not matter to me where, I just asked to put it where the highest benefit of it would be.

When I had line trouble with Sky, they sorted it out remotely by doing tests and did it by themselves, so, I guess, when there is a hardware issue, they will get BT to do it, but to diagnose that, they need to do tests and provide people with logs...

However, the issue was resolved by plugging the router in to the test socket until the router went in about a years time.

all in all, I did not have a good experience with sky. nowadays, get a 4G mobile connection, it will be performing much better in the UK. you are not living in eastern europe, remember, they have fiber optic to the router there, with 200meg connections for 10 quid a month...