Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2014, 08:45 PM
Markfey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Go Pro 3 + Black

Hello all,

Not really sure how to start but......

I've just come back from holiday. My mate pulled out this poxy little camera with no view finder, display screen and wrapped in a plastic case. I know it's a go pro but i like to wind him up for a while making statements such as "How do you even no what your pointing at?" etc...

Anyway, we all go on an excursion swimming with sharks, sting rays, snorkelling, free food and booze etc. Absolutely amazing. Even if you're followed everywhere with a square piece of plastic attached to a bamboo cane.

I've seen some of the results of these before and i don't think i've ever heard a bad word said about them but i'm jealous so i like too wind him up and really wasn't expecting anything much from his efforts.

He gives me the sd card at the end of the day as i'd brought my macbook with me (Sad git i know) and transfer the data across. I was completed amazed by what was produced. There were about 300 selfies (I feel embarrassed using that expression), tons of film and some awesome shots. The quality is outstanding and even better than the things you see on youtube.

Obviously i now not only want but need one!

So, i'm thinking. Does anyone know where to buy one for say under £240 or if there's enough people out there in the same boat and we can confirm numbers would anyone consider maybe getting a group buy together?

Or am i just p1ss1ng in the wind?

Initial plans would be to go direct to go pro showing the thread followed by main uk supplier etc.
Old 09 July 2014, 07:36 AM
scotty boy 80
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The white edition seems to be cheaper but not sure if its any less of a spec than the black one, but for how often you would really use it it seems value
Old 09 July 2014, 08:17 AM
casasteve
Scooby Regular

There have been some deals on Hot UK Deals recently, but watch that you are shopping for the 3+ and not the older 3 model. They look very similar, but the + sounds significantly improved.

The older 3 can be had for about £240, the 3+ is still up around £300+ mark last I checked
Old 09 July 2014, 09:02 AM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/gopr...tdoors-1945023

price match link

http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/gop...camera-p233321

Last edited by banny sti; 09 July 2014 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09 July 2014, 09:41 AM
Markfey
Scooby Regular

Cheers gents. I've seen the ukdeals and it's a bargain at £233 for the 3+ black version.

The 3+ black has "super view' which we would call wide angle. The wifi is a lot quicker and has a further range. It's 30% smaller and battery life is a lot longer.

I've pinged go pro an email to see if they're interested or if they'll put me in touch with a uk distributor.

I'll keep you updated.
Old 09 July 2014, 09:47 AM
IveGotTheBug
Scooby Regular

Count me in if you get a group buy
Old 10 July 2014, 10:23 AM
Evolution Stu
Administrator
Support Scoobynet!

If you want to use it underwater, the black + is the one to go for as its better in low light.
Old 11 July 2014, 07:11 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 12 July 2014, 11:21 AM
Boro
Scooby Regular

As on official UK GoPro dealer I would warn anyone against buying from Ebay/Amazon (we can't sell there) or anyone else who may not be an official dealer.

We offer a 2 year UK warranty and deal with any issues in-house.

Grey imports are cheaper but can come without serial numbers meaning GoPro won't honour any warranty. Grey imports supplied with serial numbers may get 1 year warranty but you'll have to deal with GoPro direct and they're not in the UK, which sending it to the Netherlands and waiting a couple of weeks for a decision.

The reason the serial numbers are removed is to hide the supplying source, i.e, the international distributor who are only allowed to sell in their own geographic location.

I'm not sure if the mods will allow me to link to a deal we have at the moment, but it's just as good as the grey import deals available.

You'll have to PM me for info I think?

Mods? I'd hate for a fellow SN'er to get a bad deal from a grey import not knowing such.

Paul
Old 13 July 2014, 07:42 AM
Markfey
Scooby Regular

Paul, yhpm.

Everyone else, bare with me. I am working on this. Everything Paul has said I've heard and read before. I've spoke with a few other uk distributors who I'm waiting for a reply from and I'll keep you posted as soon as I know more.