Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Rotherham child abuse - 1400 victims

Search this Thread

Old 26 August 2014, 07:46 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rotherham child abuse - 1400 victims

Well the fourth report is now out and actually published. 1400 children have been raped, doused with petrol and threatened with being burnt alive, fed heroin and God knows what else in systematic sexual abuse. The failures of police and council are described as blatant, the lack of action being put down in part to the fear of being called racist.

The council leader has stepped down but its chief exec has said no-one will be disciplined.

Well fvck that. They should be imprisoned for negligence. People should take to the streets over this. 1400 kids sacrificed on the alter of multi-culturism.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...e-scandal.html
Old 26 August 2014, 08:06 PM
jasey
Scooby Senior

Fear of being called racist my **** - they were probably all in on it !
Old 26 August 2014, 08:15 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Wouldn't have happened in Surrey!
Old 26 August 2014, 08:16 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2

Well fvck that. They should be imprisoned for negligence. People should take to the streets over this. 1400 kids sacrificed on the alter of multi-culturism.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...e-scandal.html
Riiiiiiiiight...
Old 26 August 2014, 08:19 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasey
Fear of being called racist my **** - they were probably all in on it !
+1.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeeh...abuse-scandal/

The report went onto say that ‘several staff described their nervousness about identifying the ethnic origins of perpetrators for fear of being thought as racist; others remembered clear direction from their managers not to do so’.
Asian or any race, why hesitate to report an abuser as an abuser to the authorities? Why should anyone be worried about the abuser's race where it concerns a crime? I don't buy that. I can't see why senior managers would give clear directions not to report such abuse, well, unless they themselves were involved in this organised crime.

I'm glad the cover has blown. Shame on those social workers and the managers who decided not to protect those children. Abusers should die painful death, but the indirect abusers must also suffer.
Old 26 August 2014, 08:25 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Disgusting Scum .....
Old 26 August 2014, 08:43 PM
LUCKO
Scooby Regular

so they have moved on from ******** goats then

all involved should be set on fire
Old 26 August 2014, 08:49 PM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbohot
+1.

Asian or any race, why hesitate to report an abuser as an abuser to the authorities? Why should anyone be worried about the abuser's race where it concerns a crime? I don't buy that. I can't see why senior managers would give clear directions not to report such abuse, well, unless they themselves were involved in this organised crime.

I'm glad the cover has blown. Shame on those social workers and the managers who decided not to protect those children. Abusers should die painful death, but the indirect abusers must also suffer.
You'll get it by the end.
Old 26 August 2014, 08:56 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

End of what
Old 26 August 2014, 09:01 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RS_Matt
You'll get it by the end.
Please tell. Don't wait till the end.
Old 26 August 2014, 09:01 PM
An0n0m0us
Scooby Regular

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

The same old bullsh!t will come out of the investigation "lessons have been learned"
Old 26 August 2014, 11:17 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Seems to be prevalent within a certain category.
Old 26 August 2014, 11:19 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
BBC presenters?
Old 27 August 2014, 12:22 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

"vast majority" were Asian men
Old 27 August 2014, 12:30 AM
Shaid
Scooby Regular

The vast majority were Pakistani Muslim men.

Pakistani Muslim men are apparently over represented in prisons for sexual offences too.

There is no getting way from that fact. As uncomfortable as it is the truth is the truth and should never be side stepped.

You all know I'd love a good argument however in this case I'm ashamed that these folk are the same ethnicity and prescribe to the same belief system as me
Old 27 August 2014, 01:01 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

10-1 on a government minster using 'lessons will be learned' by close of play tomorrow.
Old 27 August 2014, 01:03 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Speechless and shocked at the number of kids involved, and that this could be going on in Britain in the late 20th and 21st Century.
Old 27 August 2014, 01:09 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
10-1 on a government minster using 'lessons will be learned' by close of play tomorrow.
I think in this case you can safely say that lessons already have been learned, even if very belatedly, with the string of convictions for this kind of thing in the last 3 or 4 years.
Old 27 August 2014, 02:15 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
Speechless and shocked at the number of kids involved, and that this could be going on in Britain in the late 20th and 21st Century.
The trouble is this is only Rotherham. There have been prosecutions in Oxford and Oldham too. When interviewed this afternoon on the BBC, the reports author said she didn't have any evidence to suggest that Rotherham was exceptional. She is quite happy to accept this is just the tip of the iceberg. So how many elsewhere?

Hard evidence now. Where are the apologists?
Old 27 August 2014, 09:28 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
The trouble is this is only Rotherham. There have been prosecutions in Oxford and Oldham too. When interviewed this afternoon on the BBC, the reports author said she didn't have any evidence to suggest that Rotherham was exceptional. She is quite happy to accept this is just the tip of the iceberg. So how many elsewhere?

Hard evidence now. Where are the apologists?
Yep, I fully understand that the recent convictions have been spread around different towns and cities, but the crucial thing is that none of those convictions would have been possible if the authorities weren't (finally) taking this problem seriously. The news reports seem pretty clear that there was a major turning point in attitudes towards the end of the 2000's, and the mere fact that any police investigations are now happening at all is very likely acting as a serious deterrent.

Even so, it's an utter disgrace that more council chiefs, high-ranking police and so on aren't being held to account for their inaction in the past, or that more isn't being done to identify and bring to justice the actual perpetrators.
Old 27 August 2014, 09:37 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
Yep, I fully understand that the recent convictions have been spread around different towns and cities, but the crucial thing is that none of those convictions would have been possible if the authorities weren't (finally) taking this problem seriously. The news reports seem pretty clear that there was a major turning point in attitudes towards the end of the 2000's, and the mere fact that any police investigations are now happening at all is very likely acting as a serious deterrent.

Even so, it's an utter disgrace that more council chiefs, high-ranking police and so on aren't being held to account for their inaction in the past, or that more isn't being done to identify and bring to justice the actual perpetrators.
Yes, but while some of the perpetrators of the actual crimes are being brought to justice what about those that are guilty of criminal negligence throughout the system... the police, the councils, the care homes etc. etc.

As was stated yesterday no one is going to face prosecution after the Rotherham report and that plainly isn't right. To me that indicates that lessons re not being learned, not at all.

It was also mentioned that 1400 was very likely not the true figure and could be juts the tip of the iceberg.

What about all the other regions/councils in the UK. Are similar things going on there too?

At the end of the day you have to ask what it is about Britain, its culture and its authorities that seems to breed paedophiles and allows them to operate, until recently, with almost no chance of detection!
Old 27 August 2014, 09:54 AM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Yes, but while some of the perpetrators of the actual crimes are being brought to justice what about those that are guilty of criminal negligence throughout the system... the police, the councils, the care homes etc. etc.

As was stated yesterday no one is going to face prosecution after the Rotherham report and that plainly isn't right. To me that indicates that lessons re not being learned, not at all.

It was also mentioned that 1400 was very likely not the true figure and could be juts the tip of the iceberg.

What about all the other regions/councils in the UK. Are similar things going on there too?

At the end of the day you have to ask what it is about Britain, its culture and its authorities that seems to breed paedophiles and allows them to operate, until recently, with almost no chance of detection!
Believe me, I've been asking myself the exact same questions. Excluding my time at uni, I'll freely admit I've lived a pretty sheltered existence in terms of exposure to life in big towns and cities (I haven't lived in a town with a population of more than 15,000 since I was primary school age), and likewise have never been resident anywhere further north than the southern M25, so I might not be very well placed to comment. That said, the stuff I'm reading here seems totally and completely alien. It's genuinely hard to fathom that we're talking about events happening in the same country I've lived in for the past 35 years.
Old 27 August 2014, 12:09 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll probably get shot down for this but here goes.

It's a bit of a cultural thing as well as being slightly religious, the types of people that are doing this have led a very sheltered life and have some hill country village mentality, whether they be 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants, then they become exposed to this free society of debauchery and get it all wrong, thinking that what they see in these **** movies is somehow real as well as becoming over excited and having a bit of a pack mentality, add this to a healthy dis-regard for women and the end result is what we have here, along with recent events in India, the Catholic church and Yew Tree, after they've had their fill of little girls they move onto the next perversion of going for little boys or anything that is available.

It would seem to me that any section of society or religion that promotes abstinence seems to breed these sorts of perversions.

I don't see this as something new, I see it as something that is just being put under the spotlight because of the way technology has moved on in the past 20yrs, after all we can look back into Greek and Roman history and see similar perversions for boys and girls, as well as many societies along the way where it was normal for girls to be married at 12yrs old, even today we have the recent marriage of a young boy in Africa to a 60yr old woman.

I don't see the situation getting any better as these sicko's will just go further underground and their crimes will become more heinous in an attempt to out do one another or find the next thrill.

With this politically correct liberal society we have created over the recent years it comes as no surprise to me that the authorities on mass have just left certain ethnic groups to get on with it.

I also don't think ethnic groups are the sole perpetrators, they are just the new flavour of the month and their crimes are being brought to light more recently, as we see their segment of society grow we will naturally see more of them imprisoned for a variety of crimes, and again sex crimes seem to be the flavour of the month or at least the past few decades.

The police and authorities must be doing something right in more recent times for all this to be coming to light, so I don't think it fair to attack them too vigorously, no doubt this aspect will improve as attitudes change.

I also think this shows that no segment of society or ethnic group is immune to this.

Last edited by ditchmyster; 27 August 2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old 27 August 2014, 12:45 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
It's a bit of a cultural thing as well as being slightly religious, the types of people that are doing this have led a very sheltered life and have some hill country village mentality, whether they be 1st, 2nd or 3rd generation immigrants, then they become exposed to this free society of debauchery and get it all wrong, thinking that what they see in these **** movies is somehow real as well as becoming over excited and having a bit of a pack mentality, add this to a healthy dis-regard for women and the end result is what we have here, along with recent events in India, the Catholic church and Yew Tree, after they've had their fill of little girls they move onto the next perversion of going for little boys or anything that is available.
What about all the indigenous paedophiles who have grown up here, what's their excuse? I don't really buy the "it's because they have had a sheltered upbringing and we have such a free and promiscuous society" thing to be honest.

I was raised a catholic and when I left home had my fair share of fun with the opposite sex (yes I know you all think I am gay so you think that's a lie ), but I never once thought of abusing a child.

It's something more deep rooted than upbringing or environment.

There are two problems here anyway... the abusers and those who let them abuse... in some ways the latter are worse than the former.
Old 27 August 2014, 12:57 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

How about attaching some blame to the 1400 parents whose parental control was so appalling that their young kids wandered off into a murky world of sex and drugs.

And the hundreds of Pakistani families who let their sons stay out all night and often drive around in nice shiny cars that they obviously couldn't afford?

Or the law which says that Doctors (GPs) who see these kids but are prevented from telling their parents that something was wrong?

I find it incredibly depressing.

dl
Old 27 August 2014, 01:17 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
+1.

Get judged to be a 'racist' though and your job could be lost and reputation ruined. You don't even have to have broken the law, just the suspicion that one is a racist can be enough.
Old 27 August 2014, 01:22 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
It's about ****ting on the 'out group' as much as sex, not that it is really about sex as in 'pleasure'; like any abuses it's more about control and power.
Old 27 August 2014, 01:28 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Shocking. And this is the same Council that removed children from foster parents who voted UKIP. Talk about a convoluted sense of what's right and wrong.

No doubt though the council will conclude mistakes have been made. Lessons have been learned and this will all be buried in a few Months.
Old 27 August 2014, 01:29 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Get judged to be a 'racist' though and your job could be lost and reputation ruined. You don't even have to have broken the law, just the suspicion that one is a racist can be enough.
You seem to have incredible insight in to this. Or is it just your usual diatribe? Some people made a career out of being racist, Nick Griffin, Phil the Greek and Bernard Manning to name three.
Back on topic, David makes a good point about those close to the abusers and the abused. More vigilance and action should have been exercised. The abusers should be publicly named and shamed. Plus feel the full weight of law. Castration would be a favourable punishment.
There's far too much debauchery and promiscuity amongst society.

Last edited by Maz; 27 August 2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 27 August 2014, 01:37 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
How about attaching some blame to the 1400 parents whose parental control was so appalling that their young kids wandered off into a murky world of sex and drugs.

And the hundreds of Pakistani families who let their sons stay out all night and often drive around in nice shiny cars that they obviously couldn't afford?

Or the law which says that Doctors (GPs) who see these kids but are prevented from telling their parents that something was wrong?

I find it incredibly depressing.

dl

Obviously not all, but reading some reports on this, a lot of the abused were in care as opposed to living with their parents.

Quick Reply: Rotherham child abuse - 1400 victims