LewisScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Fishing - Sea, Loch and River
Old 24 October 2019, 10:37 AM
RS_Matt
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Rugby League, Youtubing, flashlights, PS4 gaming, sci-fi/found footage films.
Old 24 October 2019, 11:16 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

One my customers has / is giving up the expense running his yacht , so he can tip cash into his diving rebreather set up

think hes mad

each to there own

if i cant see the top / sunlight iv lost intrest
Old 24 October 2019, 11:50 AM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by dpb
One my customers has / is giving up the expense running his yacht , so he can tip cash into his diving rebreather set up

think hes mad

each to there own

if i cant see the top / sunlight iv lost intrest
I tried a diving rebreather. Seriously awesome bit of kit and hugely expensive to buy and maintain, not to mention the cost of the training you need. Its great being underwater with virtual silence compared to normal diving regs and no bubbles is awesome.
Freaked me out quite a bit though, as you have a counter lung which you breath out into and breath back in from after the air has been filtered, this means you can no longer control your buoyancy with your lungs which is very unsettling. The other problem is the counter lung is smaller than your own lung capacity, so if you take a deep breath, you run out of air and there is a delay before the system adds more air to the loop. Then when you breath out again once you filled the counter lung, there is a resistance breathing out until you break the pressure seal to dump the excess air.
I'm sure you could probably get used to the system pretty quickly, but on the first dive it seriously put me off. Glad I have tried it, but its really not for me! I'll stick to teaching sport diving
Old 30 October 2019, 07:41 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BMWhere?
I tried a diving rebreather. Seriously awesome bit of kit and hugely expensive to buy and maintain, not to mention the cost of the training you need. Its great being underwater with virtual silence compared to normal diving regs and no bubbles is awesome.
Freaked me out quite a bit though, as you have a counter lung which you breath out into and breath back in from after the air has been filtered, this means you can no longer control your buoyancy with your lungs which is very unsettling. The other problem is the counter lung is smaller than your own lung capacity, so if you take a deep breath, you run out of air and there is a delay before the system adds more air to the loop. Then when you breath out again once you filled the counter lung, there is a resistance breathing out until you break the pressure seal to dump the excess air.
I'm sure you could probably get used to the system pretty quickly, but on the first dive it seriously put me off. Glad I have tried it, but its really not for me! I'll stick to teaching sport diving
That's kinda terrifying just to think about!

This thread did get me thinking - I'm not really sure what my biggest passion is!

I like a good movie. I like technology, specifically gaming based. I like cars but I don't really care for going to meets or anything like that anymore. I enjoy my work (I'm in sales of technical SEO and Webdesign). I love my family. I like travelling. But what am I really passionate about??

I'm the happiest I have ever been and feel extremely content with my life but I'm not sure what I am excitedly passionate about. Is that sad?
Old 30 October 2019, 11:08 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Torquemada
That's kinda terrifying just to think about!

This thread did get me thinking - I'm not really sure what my biggest passion is!

I like a good movie. I like technology, specifically gaming based. I like cars but I don't really care for going to meets or anything like that anymore. I enjoy my work (I'm in sales of technical SEO and Webdesign). I love my family. I like travelling. But what am I really passionate about??

I'm the happiest I have ever been and feel extremely content with my life but I'm not sure what I am excitedly passionate about. Is that sad?
Very!

Joking aside, sounds to me you're passionate about your family and life in general! If that makes you happy then you don't need anything else!
Old 31 October 2019, 02:52 AM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Fisting
Old 31 October 2019, 08:57 AM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by the shreksta
Fisting
Giver or taker?
Old 01 November 2019, 10:20 PM
the shreksta
Scooby Regular

Received 495 Likes on 339 Posts

Giver or taker?
Lol depends what I've drunk
Old 01 November 2019, 10:41 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Well, my winter passion started today. First days skiing of the new season on the glacier in Sölden and rather surprisingly the first fresh tracks in powder. Another two ski days ahead to kick off the season
Old 01 November 2019, 10:53 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Very!

Joking aside, sounds to me you're passionate about your family and life in general! If that makes you happy then you don't need anything else!
Yeah, I guess you are right! I don't want to spend time searching for something I'm not missing and I don't feel lacking, I'm pretty lucky for now and I'll try not to take it for granted!