Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

VW touran part yes I know this is a subaru forum!

Search this Thread

Old 28 October 2019, 10:12 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 185 Likes on 142 Posts
Default VW touran part yes I know this is a subaru forum!

Other then joining a vw forum - I really dont want to and I cant see anything on google for the part I need for my Touran so hoping you nice folk can help 😀

When building our Touran the sales man asked if we wanted a rear parking camera to which we said yes.
He gave us a price and for £50 less he could give us the guys number to fit it on the driveway.

Naturally we opted for the cheaper and wish we hadn't..

He had to take some of the trim off and pull the wire conduit out of the body work to route the wires from the ceiling into the boot door.

All working perfectly until it rained and closer inspection he broke the white clip that keeps the wire conduit tight to the body to stop water leaking in.
- seems crazy that VW would have an open hole to the outside world from the inside but so be it.

Closer inspection it looks like a one fit clip that probably breaks 99% of times trying to remove it due to its design and large lugs that fit tight against the body that dont seem to be forgiving to flex.

I messaged him to be told a new clip has been ordered and while my car is having other work done at the end of the week he will fit it then. Brilliant.👍

Saturday night the kids christmas presents get soaked and having another look he hasn't replaces the clip but put a white grease under it which has done sweet f.a
This has really wound me up as I hate liers. Either fix it properly or say you budged it.

He now appears to be giving me the run around and I doubt if I go to VW theres very little they can do.

I'm confident its just a matter of removing the trim off the tail gate, unplug the wires and route the new clip in but I can't find the clip on any parts diagrams online.

Anyone here super smart?

Pic before and after his 'fix,. The white clip may be part of the rubber conduit

Last edited by RobsyUK; 28 October 2019 at 10:18 PM.
Old 28 October 2019, 11:14 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Temporary fix- silicon sealant around the rubber boot, tape in place overnight so it holds rubber boot till sealant cures. Complain to VW.

Looks like boot and clip are one piece, it most likely need all the loom disconnected to remove and feed back into new boot
Old 29 October 2019, 07:27 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andy97
Temporary fix- silicon sealant around the rubber boot, tape in place overnight so it holds rubber boot till sealant cures. Complain to VW.

Looks like boot and clip are one piece, it most likely need all the loom disconnected to remove and feed back into new boot
I have packed it with paper towels at the minute and will silicone as a last resort.
I don't want to 'void'anything.

I expected that the loom would need unclippinng from the wiper, tailgate and other electrics in the boot I just hope the white clip isnt part of the rubber boot.
I can't even find the rubber boot on parts lists
Old 29 October 2019, 08:48 AM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Dude, simply drive into VW service department and ask them for the part number.
Old 29 October 2019, 11:24 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by mrtheedge2u2
Dude, simply drive into VW service department and ask them for the part number.
Easier said than done: ETKA’s parts referencing isn’t exactly clear. Parts like this can be buried in electrics sections or body sections or trims sections sometimes with stupid descriptions loosely translated from German (albeit nowhere near as bad as Renault or Fiat).

Best bet is if the part number is stamped on it.

Anyway, without the VIN and year your shooting at fish in a lake, but closest I can get us this:

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/e...ou/869/972820/

They call it a ‘grommet’

God knows what they call an actual grommet!

And yes the clips do break if you don’t pry back the rubber and unpick them with a hook tool beforehand, likely the guy just yanked it or tried to lever it with a screwdriver...that doesn’t work (same goes for mercs and BMWs that use the same clips).
Old 02 November 2019, 08:12 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Easier said than done: ETKA’s parts referencing isn’t exactly clear. Parts like this can be buried in electrics sections or body sections or trims sections sometimes with stupid descriptions loosely translated from German (albeit nowhere near as bad as Renault or Fiat).

Best bet is if the part number is stamped on it.

Anyway, without the VIN and year your shooting at fish in a lake, but closest I can get us this:

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/e...ou/869/972820/

They call it a ‘grommet’

God knows what they call an actual grommet!

And yes the clips do break if you don’t pry back the rubber and unpick them with a hook tool beforehand, likely the guy just yanked it or tried to lever it with a screwdriver...that doesn’t work (same goes for mercs and BMWs that use the same clips).

Thank you so much for this.
I can happily give you the vin if needed but hopefully I can Google grommet
Old 01 October 2020, 08:22 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Awesome update.

The wife rang VW Pretty pissed off as the guy ignored our calls. She explained that their sales man gave us his details and wants him to speak to him.
said sales man had since left the company a d long story short vw footed the bill to install it correctly.
Old 01 October 2020, 11:03 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Only 11 month. At least it’s properly sorted now

In the meantime my VW actually needed a grommet as one had perished...turns out that actually is called a bung.

Also needed new rubber trims between the A pillar and windscreen as mine were looking tatty (jetwasher mishap trying to get algae out of the crevices). After some lengthy call to TPS and several incorrect deliveries eventually found the correct part listed under radiator grille ‘water deflector’

Additionally had three attempts at getting a driver’s interior door pull...kept sending a rear passenger door pull for a 5 door...its a 3 door car

Last edited by ALi-B; 01 October 2020 at 11:04 PM.
Old 02 October 2020, 07:13 AM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

If you use wet and forgot biocide, it will soften the lichen whilst killing it. Leave a couple of days before washing should be alot easier
Old 02 October 2020, 08:42 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Only 11 month. At least it’s properly sorted now

In the meantime my VW actually needed a grommet as one had perished...turns out that actually is called a bung.

Also needed new rubber trims between the A pillar and windscreen as mine were looking tatty (jetwasher mishap trying to get algae out of the crevices). After some lengthy call to TPS and several incorrect deliveries eventually found the correct part listed under radiator grille ‘water deflector’

Additionally had three attempts at getting a driver’s interior door pull...kept sending a rear passenger door pull for a 5 door...its a 3 door car
I updated it as a post on another thread had the same issue and I wanted to share my experience & update in the process
Old 02 October 2020, 10:35 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by andy97
If you use wet and forgot biocide, it will soften the lichen whilst killing it. Leave a couple of days before washing should be alot easier

No use, only temporary results and too expensive for regular use...Glycol based fluids is better, more permanent and a lot cheaper...just can’t be used on cars.

All because of a giant ugly/malformed 25yr old beech tree in competition with a adjacent common sycamore with preservation orders (even though the house existed before it)....anything underneath gets slimed or crapped on despite weekly cleaning. Also have to remove the scuttle intakes as it fills with blossom blocking the water drains. Inevitably a few bits of blossom find their way into the heater fan, throwing it out of balance and vibrating (15min to remove/refit fan but annoying as have to wait for the tree to finish flowering otherwise it’ll do it again).

All front rooms in perpetual darkness when in full leaf and completely enshrouds the streetlight too.

Tree preservation officer would only allow 12months of growth to be removed through a arduous application process on a tree that in the tree surgeon’s opinion would require a hydraulic platform to be used and was a utterly stupid decision when clearly it needed crown reducing, uplift and selective thinning of several main limbs as well of removal of horizontal limbs which are prone to breaking off if allowed to extend further.

had three roosting pairs of pigeons on there requiring daily jetwashing the front entrance of the house due to s**t everywhere walking into the house by guests, then come autumn it drops the nuts or the squirrels just drops the shells...everywhere. Then winter where the leaves block the gutters (despite gutter guards and ‘gutter hedgehogs’ where the leaves seem to wedge in tight regardless if not cleared out every few weeks, then the moss covers the entire roof as it’s always shadowed again blocking gutters when a rain storm washes it down the roof (hence the glycol).

You honestly cannot underestimate how many labour hours and cost of algaecides (for moss and lichen on roof and block pavers), weedkillers (from seeds in pigeons poo), pollution/noise from 2stroke leaf blowers and jetwashing as well as property damage all because of one sodding tree.

Depravation of sleep of being woken at 4.30am every summer morning by the wood pigeons fornicating and making a racket having territory battles resulted in four being shot..something I’m not proud of, but tried all other avenues; Clapping hands, Tennis *****, hose pipe, empty air rifle..they’d circle and come back; I stay out from 4:30am right through to 7:30am before work to scare and stop them; no good. So last resort was clean head shot kills (before Chris Packham changed the law)...the other two remaining ones finally got the message and left! (a crossbow instructor did nickname me assassin...natural sniper skills apparently).

Also killed a few horizontal limbs (that should have been pruned for safety reason alone but wasn’t allowed) via stem injection so the tree officer had no choice but to allow me to have them pruned (drill a number of discreet 2mm holes, inject neat glyphosate and cover in spring before leafing. Did consider doing the whole tree but would probably get caught....did try and encourage heart rot though, by transferring some fungus into a wound in the trunk ..but that’s a long game to play.

Don’t worry though the tree won; I sold up to an Iranian money launderer and moved (making sure my side was legal and fund cleared)...now have a few field ashes and two beautiful 300ish year old oaks all far away from the house/drive/cars: no preservation orders so had the dead took out without any council bureaucracy. Also had the car’s bodywork all brought back to concours whilst furloughed so all is well with the world.....

Apart from getting TPS to find the right parts. All down to if you have a part number or if the guy on the phone has his head screwed on or is a gormless wingnut.
Old 02 October 2020, 11:47 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
I updated it as a post on another thread had the same issue and I wanted to share my experience & update in the process

Just joking, it’s always nice to know how these things pan out, especially when dealers are so prone to fobbing off customers