Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Double standard two faced pigs

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2002, 11:28 AM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

No, not Jade off Big Brother but the Police.

Whilst clamping down on public speeding offences and investing heavily in so called "Safety Vans" to raise revenue at the expense of our licenses and livelihoods, deaths caused by Police chases have increased 500% over 4 years according to the news last night. We are not talking about chasing armed robbers down the motorways here either. In one case, a guy crossing the road was killed by a Police car doing 70mph on the wrong side of a road which was limited to 30mph for driving in ideal conditions. 7 months after the guy died, his son was born, never to know his dad and what for....the filth were rushing to attend a car with a flat battery further up the road!!

For f'ck's sake who do these d1cks think they are - it's not like you need to have the talent of Schumacher to join the force so why do they try and drive like it.

I note there have been quite a few stories on here recently of misuse of the blue lights and also misuse of unmarked cars and I know personally of a few examples. I don't believe that the news has picked up on one or two incidents here and blown them out of proportion - this is a real problem
Old 28 June 2002, 12:26 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Agree wholeheartedly, but we're almost living in a police state now thanks to Mr Bliar and his cronies, so don't expect it to get better

[Edited by alcazar - 6/28/2002 12:26:54 PM]
Old 28 June 2002, 12:35 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

Angry

I agree for what it's worth

David
Old 28 June 2002, 12:59 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Angry

I'm reading 1984 at the moment. The parallels you can draw are frightening.
astraboy.
Old 28 June 2002, 06:49 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

A few thoughts...

If public accidents went up by so much, they would probably have banned cars by now (although they would still work out a way of taxing you for them!). As well as for the Police, i bet if train or bus accidents went up, the government would do nothing though

Part of the problem is lack of Police training in the driving department. I think that it is something like a 2 week course to become a qualified driver (i am sure that someone knows the true details).

Finally, i bet a lot of the "chases" are after so-called joy-riders. Sadly many (most?) are below the age of criminal responsibility, so receive no punishment and just do more of the same.

It's a messed up world

mb
Old 28 June 2002, 06:55 PM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Angry

My great uncle used to be the chief police driving instructor based at Hendon. We're talking a fair while ago but believe me he could drive and he didn't take any crap from the people he taught.

I think he'd be turning in his grave now (RIP) at the standard of police driving now. It's just disgraceful.

We've heard enough threads recently about cops bating people and driving dangerously just to expand the coffers. But in this police state I really don't know what we can do?!

DP.
Old 28 June 2002, 06:57 PM
Little Miss WRX

Angry

I agree [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I hate it when a police car flies past me with no blue lights or siren on, obviously doing over the limit.

Is this okay for them to do??? [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

I would willingly post registration numbers too [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

the police force can do what the **** they want and if we complain, do they do anything? Do they heck??? Police Complaints Department??? A joke [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 28 June 2002, 09:43 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Angry

Bunch of bastids[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

A mate of mine did some instructing at a race school for a while, he said of all the people he took, the Police drivers were the worse! Mainly because the thought they were the best drivers on our roads

Also, I've not mentioned this before cos I was worried about how it might affect my job, but **** it, I don't work there any more! When I worked in a local body shop, we had the Police contract. We had one of their Scoobs in, it had a boot floor, 1/4 panel, rear panel..... the list goes on! Basically, the bill came to over £8000! The damage was caused by a senior officer who wasn't supposed to be driving the car, he took it out for a jolly and spun it, alledgley at 80mph! He then hit a tree, backwards obviously!
Bob
Old 28 June 2002, 09:49 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Angry

Traffic Cops - A-Holes. I regulary see them tailgating down the A414. If only I had a car that I didn't care about - I'd stamp both feet down on the anchors. *******
Old 28 June 2002, 10:12 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

LOL at Bob's little tidbit!
Old 28 June 2002, 11:18 PM
molly
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

the police driving course is 4 weeks long, for the standard driving course.. normally done in the cops first 2 years of service. normally these cops will then be able to drive the tranny vans and deisel astra's etc..

traffic cops and tass cops (x cars ) do another 4 weeks advanced driving course.(which involves pursuit driving) this then enables them to drive out over 2.5 litres
or basically anything quite fast.. this happens in gmp anyway.
there are so many bumps in this force that they are replacing petrol cars for deisel vans because they are slower therefore less likely to crash..
alot of cops involved in bumps when at fault are reported for due care and so on... gmp are trying to clamp down and reduce bumps

finally they only have one unmarked scoob because they say it gives the wrong impression to car thieves who want a chase..
Old 29 June 2002, 12:12 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
Talking of double standards, I posted on here a few weeks ago about a Police Volvo doing at least 130mph on the A1. The other day, just a couple of miles further up the A1, they set up a speed trap on a flyover.

What was that for? I use that road every day, I am not aware of any accidents there, ever, and it is wide and straight. To be fair, I don't think the Police car doing 130 was dangerous under the circumstances.

So why the speed trap? Blatant money making. Doesn't do the Police any credit at all.

Richard.
Old 29 June 2002, 12:19 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

I bet the police that crashed into the guy has now been promoted for his actions for highlighting the need for more speed trap cameras around...
Old 29 June 2002, 02:17 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

A couple of links to the news story.
Just read that the Policeman that disabled Heather mills (Paul McCartney's wife) by running her down described her compensation as "a waste of tax payer's money."
I consider them as a waste of my bloody council tax - that's for sure.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/...00/2069362.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/...00/2069628.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/...00/2068036.stm

[Edited by Boost II - 6/29/2002 2:21:27 PM]
Old 29 June 2002, 02:30 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

By my own statistics 3433 people killed on UK roads last year. 44 of them by the Police....

...that means 1 out of every 78 people killed on the roads is killed by a Policeman

If I've got that right that's very
Old 29 June 2002, 03:44 PM
RichS
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Lothian and Borders Police have (recently?) aquired an Evo 6.

(See this thread.)

I would be interested to know how they justify this.
Is it a show of strength (looks quite menacing all decked out in police livery ) or do they often have to use it to catch high speed drivers?

Old 29 June 2002, 04:30 PM
Boost II
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Following on from above, there are approx 33 million drivers in Britain and 150,000 police officers so if they account for 1 out of 78 of road deaths then a police officer is nearly 3 times more likely to kill someone on the roads than a member of the public
Old 01 July 2002, 02:01 PM
Stealth
Scooby Regular

The rules of the road are so unclear... one minute they want all speed camera painting yellow and only on blackspots and then they don't they are a bunch of money grabbing B4ast4rds that are out to screw people that use the road as they were desighned to be used

After all the majority of accidents aern't casued by people driving to fast, it's the dodering dick heads of the motoring world that roll about in a world of their own without a clue!!

The Germans for all the **** things they have done wrong got one thing right along the way.... and that is the road rules !!!!

I got flashed the other day, fair play I shouldn't have been speeding (non intentional) but even still this thing was dark Grey (couldn't see it at 1:30am) and it was bloody hidden, you could not see this thing at all!! This thing was NOT in a black spot!!

So please tell me, if speed cameras are only there to prevent accidents and not make money, why thehell was thing so bloody well tucked away!!!

All the rules of the roads in this country are very vague and it is a money making dwindle !!!