Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I.D. cards what do you think ??

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2002, 08:24 AM
HGV1 Driver
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I already have one for the line of work i am in, but all my private things are not on it, like medical, etc.
I think it is a good idea when it comes to people trying to get into the country and only a bad idea if you have something to hide i guess. Well let us know yes or no ???.

Jon.
Old 12 July 2002, 08:45 AM
mega_stream
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Yes from me, nothing to hide so I can't see what the problem is.

Old 12 July 2002, 08:51 AM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I've got nothing to hide either and part of me is for it but I can't really see the point... I'm not a huge anti big brother (except the f**kin tv prog) but I still dont like them pushing for more n more tracking on me.

Its just more jobs for the boys.
Old 12 July 2002, 09:10 AM
beefola
Scooby Regular

I've no probs with it. Anyone that does, and spouts a load of **** about personal privacy, and liberty and all that w@nk needs a slapping, and obviously have something to hide. If it can save a few lives, stop a few scabby immigrants robbing our jobs (ooh, whole different thread...), and make the whole place a bit safer, i can't see a good reason why it should come in.
Old 12 July 2002, 07:05 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Angry

beefola,

please send me copies of your last 6 months worth of bank and credit card statements, as obviously you have nothing to hide. Oh, and i work for the government seed planting agency, so i do have a valid reason to request such details!

ID cards only hassle the innocent, they don't capture the guilty!!!

mb
Old 12 July 2002, 07:55 PM
RaZe-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

Crims will only get a fake one. Wont stop/solve/prevent anything.

Oh and they are fitted with chips that activate roadside detectors and monitor your speed everywhere at all times in any vehicle, so they can fine and endorse speeders no matter what car they are in at what time of day on what road. Next level of technology from the radar stuff and gatsos. No film needed, no manpower needed, just a machine. There will be no appeal.
And if you are a passenger it does you too for being an accessory. You should have grabbed the handbrake.

Anyone care to tell me they wont think of this? I did, and how would you KNOW they hadnt put such a device in it? because they "told" you they hadnt???

Im NOT paranoid. I know you all hate me......

Old 12 July 2002, 10:47 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

RaZe-=Buzz=-,

spot on!!!

mb
Old 13 July 2002, 09:17 AM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Thumbs down

Oh, and one more thing...

ID cards will (probably) only be compulsory for the over 16s.

Guess what age group commits the most crime (and yet usually just gets a police caution!)???

mb
Old 13 July 2002, 10:01 AM
RaZe-=Buzz=-
Scooby Regular

ermmmmm 70 - 75 ?
Old 13 July 2002, 10:14 AM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Wink

Old 13 July 2002, 10:30 AM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Also if someone in Power wants to frame you for something or even come up with an alibi, just think how easy it will be for them to place their or your details at or far from the scene of the crime.

ID cards with chips serve no purpose except to become tracking devices for individuals who are already law abiding citizens but hold different political views to who ever holds power and wants to keep it and needs to be able to controll their oponents.

If you want to controll the population first you disarm them and then you track them.

How many people currently get overcharged and when you phone up to query it the call centre staff say "I don't know how that happened, it was the computers fault" Well the computer was programed by someone, who was probably paid to put in a hidden programe to randomly over charge people.
Me paranoid never

ian
Old 13 July 2002, 02:35 PM
14,500rpm
Scooby Regular

I've no probs with it. Anyone that does, and spouts a load of **** about personal privacy, and liberty and all that w@nk needs a slapping, and obviously have something to hide. If it can save a few lives, stop a few scabby immigrants robbing our jobs (ooh, whole different thread...), and make the whole place a bit safer, i can't see a good reason why it should come in.
LOL, if you want to delude yourself thats fine. ID cards will make it worse not better. do you read the daily mail per chance?