Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Couriers-whats the deal?

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2002, 12:09 PM
Dougster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waited long enough for un-resonated Magnex, however as soon as it leaves Jamie's hands and into the clutches of a certain courier company it goes AWOL.

Company have made me guarantees that it hasn't kept and I have now wasted a day and a half(not including arrangements I had made to fit the thing)waiting for it.

Latest news is it's not on a truck, not in the warehouse, but they "think" that it's going back to PerformanceExhausts.

Where do I stand in making a complaint, and are they going to try and fob me off with a lame apology?

[Edited by Dougster - 7/13/2002 12:10:44 PM]
Old 13 July 2002, 03:03 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Probably

The problem with Overnight Couriers is that there are multiple points of failure & although technically possible to do it right, the human factor gets involved & it sometimes/often breaks down

Man in Van collects zhorst. Man takes zhorst to his local depot & gives it to them. Local depot place it in a lorry. Lorry takes zhorst to hub. Unloaded at hub. Sorted at hub and given to lorry taking stuff to depot local to you. Unloaded at your local depot & sorted into runs. Your delivery courier collects his packages & eventually makes delivery to you.

No different really to International Couriers and sometimes the same happens there too. The reason that things are less automated and well done in the Overnight market is that you & I want to pay not a lot more than what you can post a letter for, so therefore the margins are extremely low and the pay rates are low, so may not encourage a thorough attitude by some of the employees as well as investment in technology. With multiple overnight companys competing for business, this is not likely to change much in the near future.

All IMHO but I work for a Sameday courier company that offers Overnight/International services. We obviously get trade rates, but we chop & change supplier dependant mainly on how few consignments they muck up and their general ability

Now, if you wished to pay sameday rates, then the man that collected your package would be the one delivering it, so less opportunity for **** up BUT I doubt people (general public not companys) want to pay £1 per mile or more
Old 13 July 2002, 05:23 PM
skiddusmarkus
Scooby Regular

I've done the one man in his van thing-which is the best way to have things delivered but as Puff says is too epensive for your average Joe Public.How's £120 from Sheffield to London grab ya?And that was 5 years ago.I now work as a multidrop driver and the volumes of parcels that come through are unbelievable and you can only do so much in the(legally binding)hours available.Little things like an incorret postcode on your parcel or if your house has a name instead of a number severely reduce your chances of you receiving your parcel on time/at all.
Old 13 July 2002, 09:07 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

dam, dam,dam.... just spent 20 minutes typing, and then hit the esc. key by accident.... aaaggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Put it this way, i am not happy at all by the service of the above parcel company that Jamies uses.

They lie( say they left three calling cards, when they left NON), they dont know where their own offices are (this is three different people i spoke to too at their Leeds branch, non could give directions) and they dont give one hoot when you complain, just blank looks!

oh, the only way i could contact them was to ring directory enquires, no contact number on their website(it`ll tell you where your parcel is, but not the bloody number of the depo!), its not listed in the Yellow pages (leeds Area), and even Jamie didnt know their number.Bah!

Rich.