Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Has anyone else done Motorsport Sensation 2002?

Search this Thread

Old 21 August 2002, 07:07 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did this the other week, at Palmer Sport at Bedford Autodrome.

All I can say is ABSOLUTELY BLOODY FANTASTIC.

A thousand times better than the nonsense you get at Brands Hatch.

Did a Vauxhall VX220, Lotus Exige, Caterham 7, Evo VI, Clio Cup Race Car, and the Formula Palmer Single Seater, - oh and a Vauxhall Frontera!!

This is the absolute Dogs Danglies as far as I am concerned. They really push you as hard as possible and it is a revelation to throw yourself into a bend, maximum throttle, and still stay on the tarmac on the way out! I learned how to turn in, slide, correct, and fly out - fantastic. (can't say that I would try this in my own car)

Some awesome spin offs, great fun, loads of adrenaline, all topped off by a two hour crawl down the M1 to get home!

Marvellous.
Old 21 August 2002, 08:00 PM
TimD
Scooby Regular

Did it earlier this year. I was fastest in the VX220s - I got a trophy!

Aren't the Clios superb? 180hp, front wheel drive, and an infeasible amount of traction. I was absolutely full chat in 2nd, 3rd and 4th and there was *no* wheel spin. Deeply impressive. Getting one of those cars as a track day car after it's done a year in the one make series and making it road legal would be interesting..... and would scare many a scoob.
Old 21 August 2002, 09:03 PM
KenG
Scooby Regular

Did it myself a couple of weeks back along with someone who is the latest edition to the F1 grid. Great time.

Ken
Old 21 August 2002, 09:07 PM
Barnaby
Scooby Regular

I can't find a price on their web-site. How much does it cost?
Old 21 August 2002, 09:23 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds
Wink

Scare a scoob! They'd wipe the floor with it...

How much is the Palmersport day?
Old 22 August 2002, 12:11 AM
JonJH
Scooby Regular

I've done it 3 times (2000, 2001 & 2002). They had Scoobys there in 2000 on the same circuit as the Elise. It was the shortest of the 4 circuits they run but the Scoob was a second or two quicker than the Elise (I span them both.....), mainly due to the straights.

They now have the EvoIV Sprint on one of the longer ciruits where it's run back-to-back with the Lotus Exige. The Evo feels like a bus after the Exige (OK, a fast bus, but the Exige is just something else altogether).

The Clio Cup Racers are awesome fun, but the highlight has to be when you're handed the FPA single seater and told to drive it as fast as you want.

Full marks to the organisers and instructors who really push you to push the cars unlike at other similar events. I can't remember his name unfortunately (Alvin??), but one of the Autodome instructors is also one of the excellent instructors at our very own SIDC track days.

Not sure what the cost is - something like £500-£600 for the day I think. At this price needless to say it's almost all corporate entertainment (groups of 10-15 depending on the time of year) but I believe they do run days for mostly individuals especially at the weekends.

Jon
Old 23 August 2002, 01:04 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

It was great.

Couldn't tell you the cost as supplier paid for it all.

What I was told they forked out approx £1,000 per head.

Be nice to your suppliers is what I say!

Old 23 August 2002, 01:37 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

I did it in 2000, done silverstone and a couple of others and too be honest most are $hite, pay a load of cash for 5 mins but at palmers its a *world* apart, driving a FPA was absolutely awesome (but signing the 50K liability form makes you go careful!!!). Biggest difference was that manufacturers supply them with the cars so the instructors dont care too much about them and its the only place (Ive been to) where you can drive the absolute bollocks off the cars. Cost is about 500/600 for the day but *well* organised, breakfast lunch included. Get any 10/12 people together (hey could do it on here!) and away you go!

Gary