Just had to kill a rabbit!

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2002, 07:26 PM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

I feel sick!

Turning into a nice quiet back road see a baby rabbit in the road on the other side. Decide to stop and shoo it off the road but before i can 3 cars come the other way and the first two miss it but the third hits it!

Poor little thing is obviously going to die but is doing the 'kicking legs' thing so I get out and go over to it. Best thing is to put it out of it's misery so I did, but it shook me up a bit! First time I've ever done anything like that and it's horrible.

I consider myself an animal lover and I just hate seeing things suffer.

Has this got muppet forum written all over it?

DP.

Old 23 August 2002, 07:29 PM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Not at all m8, sorry to hear whats happened, i dont know of i could have done it though, even though it was for the best.Carnt be nice having to kill something

Rich.
Old 23 August 2002, 07:55 PM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Unhappy

A mate and I saw a rabbit with mixy, both our instincts were to put it out of it's misery.... I couldn't do it tho

Bob
Old 23 August 2002, 08:32 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

i do everything i can to avoid animals on the road. But they lose sympathy if they are sitting at the side of the road and they run under the wheel about 2 meters from car. It would have been fine sitting there! Only one i've hit thankfully and it made me feel really bad!

I also stop to shoo animals off the road as did you. I wish other ppl had this respect for animals. Have to see so much "roadkill" on the way to work and it turns my stomach to think that some of that is people aiming for them
Old 23 August 2002, 10:03 PM
Kevin Greeley
Scooby Regular

Saw a mouse on the road this morning. Had to swerve 3 times before I hit it
Old 23 August 2002, 10:28 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Kangaroos make a bigger dent, but a joey goes under no problem.

Emus have exploding skulls.

Cows are dumb, deaf, and stupid.

Camels are just plain funny.

the trials of driving though the Oz outback...

Paul
Old 23 August 2002, 10:40 PM
IWatkins
Scooby Regular

Took a friend of mine to test drive her first ever new car the other day (she is 39). Mile out from the Pug dealer, pigeon on the road. Looked like it was about to clear off but then changed its mind. My friend keeps her foot in as she isn't sure what to do. Pigeon gets airbourne and hits the leading edge of the bonnet. Feathers everywhere, blood up the windscreen. Pigeon was dead and left a nice dent in the bonnet (Pug 206).

So, I've been going around telling all my friends that she managed to dent the car before she had even paid for it

Luckily the dent was a simple push out job. The pigeon was dead-dead, but we had to check.

Cheers

Ian

Trending Topics

Old 23 August 2002, 11:24 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

A mate of mine ran over a cat a few years ago, but couldn't kill it outright. So he put it on the back seat and went ot find a vet. Went to about 3 or 4 in the West midlands, meanwhile, the poor thing is p1$$ing all over the back seat.....

Finally found a vet, and the bl00dy thing died in his arms in the waiting room

not nice

Dan
Old 23 August 2002, 11:39 PM
jimi
Scooby Regular

Did you take it home and eat it!

Rabbit dont taste to bad really

JIM
Old 23 August 2002, 11:42 PM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

Angry

Car in front of me ran over a cat a couple of years ago, then drove off. I stopped to see if I could do anything to save it and got daggers/abuse from every passing motorist who obviously thought I'd run it over. Don't you just love the great British public!
Old 24 August 2002, 12:16 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy

I was travelling home from work once (well I have done in many times but there was this one time) and was on my motorbike following two cars.. I was a fair way back as we were approaching a 30 anyway.. this rat runs out from the righthand side just infront of the first car and stops just to the right on the white line.. first car passes.. the rat sees the gap between the cars and runs... gets hit by the rear wheel of the second car.. this tosses it up in the air!! I am frozen to the bike not knowing whether to swerve or not as I cannot watch the rat and the road... rat landed in verge to the left... very dead I suspect.. but I rode the rest of the way home feeling very glad that the rat had not landed in my lap and felt agreved at being run over and sunk it's teeth into my purple headed womb broom..

I have seen a few mixy rabbits wandering into the road and sitting there.. I think it is an awlful disease and that the rabbit knows it will get peace if struck by a car adds some intelligence to the animal...

Good on you for ending its missery

JGM