Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Village dwellers - arrgghhh

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2002, 06:40 PM
Floyd
Scooby Regular

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry

This has happened on quite a few occasions. Your happily doing some weekend country roads in yer scoob, you get caught behind another car. You can't get past so you just follow for a while.

Now, I slowed down for the villages to keep to the 30 mph limits but the car in front doesn't. Nothing wrong in that, I'm not the police so he can do what he wants, but at the next village I catch him up. He now slows right down (20ish mph) through this village and I'm thinking why is this one different to the others?

Ah ha! He pulls off the road into a driveway, probably his. So, he flouts the speed limits everywhere except his own village, bl00dy hypocrite [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Anyone else seen this annoying behaviour that some village dwellers exhibit?

F
Old 15 September 2002, 06:47 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Yes and yes it is annoying, shows a complete lack of regard for others other than the occupants of said village.

I am sure these are the same people who wave angrily at other who speed theough THEIR village!

Old 15 September 2002, 08:04 PM
Sprint Chief
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

I agree, it's a common problem, but isn't just constrained to villages...

I live in a village now myself and drive through all villages with equal care+attention, but know many who don't.

A few years back I used to live in the suburbs of London and witnessed the exact same behaviour from some people. 50mph+ through 30 zones, but then when they get back to their own road they suddenly adopt the speed limit.

Problem is they know their own road well, and realise the dangers and why 30mph is a sensible speed. They don't know the other roads well, don't see the dangers and drive too quickly.

Driver education is required, unfortunately thinking and common sense is not a legal obligation any more
Old 15 September 2002, 08:24 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am pretty good when it comes to the 30mph limit, as I know it's there for a reason.

What annoys me is when someone pushes me through my village, in which case I am extra careful not to speed, but then it turns out the git leaves here too. Absolutely does my nut, especially as 1 kid gets hit about every 5 years through my village, and some of the speeders have kids.

I am very happy to see the police speed monitoring (not a traps as they put the car sideways on a grass verge and stand around in flourescent vests) and they always catch a few people.

Paul