Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Has anybody ever seen a ghost ?

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2002, 11:06 PM
jgc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Last edited by Jason Crozier; 25 February 2005 at 04:12 PM.
Old 25 September 2002, 11:12 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

My Dad died earlier this year (May). The night he died I had a dream that involved him dying. I went to work the next morning and got the call from his wife saying he'd gone.

Not so much seeing a ghost, more of a premonition maybe?
Old 25 September 2002, 11:22 PM
The Crushinator
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

This thread makes for quite good reading.
Old 26 September 2002, 10:48 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

Bravo2Zero, Nows your chance!!!!

BB
Old 26 September 2002, 11:06 AM
Devil's Refugee
Scooby Regular

Red face

Heard one too many years ago in a previous house.
Learnt the child of the previous occupant had died of cancer there.

Certainly shook me up as a kid.

Old 26 September 2002, 11:11 AM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My parents old house, I would hear someone tapping on the doors at night. and I don't mean rattling doors, I mean "tap tap tap tap" like with fingernails. Often my door, sometimes one of the doors downstairs, but mostly door to door.

I don't think I've ever seen a ghost in the conventional sense. But there is more to it than just seeing and hearing things.

Paul

Old 26 September 2002, 01:09 PM
sexy wrx69
Scooby Regular

Red face

the night my great gran died me and my sister both had a dream that she passed. we woke up the next day and there was a message on the answer phone saying shed died in the night.

that was spooky.

for about 6 months after my first dog died..there were cold areas in the house where she used to sleep and we could still hear her barking in the garden..and before people say it was another dog...you KNOW your own dogs bark. A few years later we got a new dog.... and theres a part of the garden that she refuses point blank to go into...but theres nothing there.
dont know if this is relevant...but dogs are supposed to sense things like ghosts arent they???

[Edited by sexy wrx69 - 9/26/2002 1:13:42 PM]
Old 26 September 2002, 03:27 PM
Ferne
Scooby Regular

Someone I used to work with told me that soon after they moved into their new house (well new to them it was about 200 years old)she would wake up and hear someone going down the back stairs (big posh house with a staircase for the servants), the only thing was she heard them going down 13 steps and there was only 12. After about 6 months they had some work done to the kitchen, while the builder was working on the floor he unearthed another step under the floorboards at the bottom of the staircase. Eeeek
Old 26 September 2002, 03:56 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

Ooh, thats a good one.

Remember having a dream when I was young of a person at my door in the middle of the night. They had red eyes like laser beam colour, and they stared at me for what seemed like ages. I tried to put my light on above my bed, but the bulb had blown. I lay terrified as it kept staring at me. Next morning I tried my light and it didn't work.

Old 26 September 2002, 04:03 PM
TAZMAN
Scooby Regular

My parents have an old house and sometimes in the dinning room you can hear a baby crying faintly, go outside the room and you can't hear a thing???

and no there isnt a baby monitor in the socket before some smartarse says it!!
Old 26 September 2002, 04:55 PM
swaussie
Scooby Regular

Woke up one night a few years ago to go to the toilet at my girlfriends place and saw something like a smokey shadow (??). Scared the hell out of me but convinced myself I was still dreaming. Next morning mentioned it at breakfast and they said they see it all the time and their cat refuses to go into the study? Why the hell do people stay in these houses? and damn if my floorboards squeaked or I saw that ghost "all the time" Id be outa there and I sure as hell wouldnt be waiting for the turbo to warm up....

[Edited by swaussie - 9/26/2002 4:58:18 PM]
Old 26 September 2002, 05:22 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

I was staying at some digs in cornwall and the landlady put me and my brother in a house she had round the corner from the B+B. I was having a bit of trouble sleeping and at about midnight something blew in my left ear very sharply, although the actual sensation of moving air was not felt, the noise it made was very loud and distinctive.I nearly sh@t the bed and lay there with my heart racing, my brother was snoring his head of in the other corner of the room.
About an hour later it happened again, this time in the other ear. At this point I decided that whatever it was was no harm, but still lay awake sh1tting bricks. It happened again one more time that night, before fatigue got the better of me and i eventually nodded off.

Earlier that day I had gone to the house in the morning to collect my cheque book. As I walked through the door, the landlady, who had been on the top landing cleaning, came crashing down the stairs and landed on the half landing, and broke her hip. I stayed around as the ambulance men took her away.

The landlady, a really nice lady in her early 50's was taken to the hospital where we were working, and i called in to see how she was and take some flowers. She told me that one minute she was vacuming the top landing, the next she had fallen, and cannot recall tripping or missing her step. She was awake all the time I was there at the house with her while waiting for the ambulance.

I dont know whether this was significant to my later experience, but it did seem a bit odd when I thought about it afterwards.

I stayed in the same room for about another 6 weeks, and never heard another thing, but whatever it was was not a draught, and i was sober and straight.

Old 26 September 2002, 06:31 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Coming home from uni., driving my Ford Anglia, about 1am.
I always drove at night 'cos I liked the (then) empty roads (1971), and had recently fitted a pair(not matching) of halogen driving lights that I'd bought for a couple of quid in a scrapyard.
As I came through Loughborough, and started heading for the A46 at Sixhills, I noticed that one was pointing at the floor, and loose enough to cause a "strobe" effect. I pulled up on a straight stretch, and got out to tighten it.
The road ran straight for about a mile. It had a flat verge at one side, with a high wall, about 10 yards back, the wall was about 10 feet high. On the other side was another flat verge, with an anti-rabbit fence about 10 yards in, and trees starting about 50 yards in. No bushes etc on the side of the road.
As I finished tightening the light, I distinctly heard someone walking towards the rear of the car on the gravel at the side of the road. I looked, but my night vision was poor due to looking into the light, so I called out, asking who was there. I got no reply. Not liking this one bit, and thinking "mad axe man", I walked briskly round the side of the car to get away, whereupon the footsteps broke into a run!
I dived into the car, dropped the clutch, and accelerated away. As I went, I flicked on the rally style 55watt reversing light that worked by a switch on the dash, hoping for a view of whoever/whatever was chasing me. There was no-one there! And nowhere they could have gone in that short time. EEEK!
I can remember the utter shock, so massive that I was certain they must be in the car with me! I nearly put the car off the road trying to see in the back seat. I was still shaking when I arrived home about 90 minutes later.
To this day, I've never been able to explain it, and I still get goosebumps when I pass the spot.
Alcazar
Old 27 September 2002, 03:41 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Talking

relax mate, it was probably a sheep or something.
Old 27 September 2002, 08:33 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

My missus had a frightener of a sighting, but she still doesn't believe in ghosts

She used to work as an admin ***'t in Townley Hall, a very old stateley home near Burnley. The main admin office, was next to the old chapel room, and it is rumoured that Robert Townley was executed back in the 1500's or something and his head was set on a pole in the Tower of London. Supporters of Townley retrieved the head, and when they were building part of the Townley wing, his head was set into the wall as a memorial.

The wall in question was in the chapel room next to the admin office.

So one day, the missus is stood at the photocopier about 10 feet away from the door into the chapel room, when she suddenly sees a man pop his head round the door, look at here for about 3 seconds, then slowly draw back into the room. He was wearing a ruffle, and a black and white hat, similar to how Robert Townley would have dressed. There were no other doors into or out of this room, as it is an end room.

She jumped and screamed, then legged it down into the staff room.

She still insists though, that there are no such thing as ghosts.
Old 27 September 2002, 09:44 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Scrappydoo: a sheep? What am I, Welsh?:
Alcazar
PS: even if it was, where did it go?? I could see a long way back and to the sides, and there was nothing. And why did it run towards me? A "hard" sheep?: