Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bel Euro 550 Frequencies. What Do They Do?

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2002, 02:55 PM
ian_sadler
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I've just got a Bel Euro 550 (Thanks H) and it comes with a list of selectable freqs.

What do they relate to? Do I turn them all on? Do I use the UK preset? What does X, K & Ka etc. mean?

Help please.

Ian
Old 26 September 2002, 03:12 PM
Webdunk
Scooby Regular

Q. - The Beltronics Bel Target Euro 550 laser / radar detectors can detect 6 frequency bands, why are so many required ?

A. - K / Ka / Ku / X are the bands most commonly used throughout the world.The radar frequency used in the UK is the K band, it is unlikely you will encounter any other frequency being used by the police. Ka and Ku have been used in the past but are now redundant, although Ku is still in use by Thames valley. The age of the equipment and difficulty to use the KU Speed trap is rarely seen. Beltronics Bel Target Euro 550 laser / radar detector has been designed for the European market and so carries the frequencies that are used on the continent. The additional frequencies will cause the unit to false alarms in the UK as these frequencies are used by such items as traffic lights and automatic doors, the Beltronics Bel Target Euro 550 laser / radar detector instruction manual tells you how to disable the frequencies that are not required for the county you are in. So a detector with 6 bands is not better than a detector with 3 bands, in fact the converse is true.

This extract from Bel's direct marketing site.

HTH,

Duncan
Old 27 September 2002, 11:10 AM
P
Scooby Regular

I have also just bought a 550 due to a recent addition of 6 points to my licence :-(

So does this mean I only need to have K & Ku enabled? What do others do?

Cheers
Matt