Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Wire-free House Alarms

Search this Thread

Old 25 November 2002, 04:08 PM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Looking for a wirefree alarm system for our new abode. Probably going for one of the Yale systems, anyone had any experience - good or bad ?

Am I doing the right thing or is it preferable to leave it to the pros ? Don't want wires run all over my new house though

Cheers
Old 25 November 2002, 04:14 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
I had a Yale system for a good year before it started false alarming for no reason... just after the warranty ran out! Paid about the same amount for a hard wired system to be fitted and it's ace.
Old 25 November 2002, 04:15 PM
Chrisgr31
Scooby Regular

I have had a wire-free Yale alarm for 2 years now. Very easy to install and I believe it works well. Not had to change batteries in any of the sensors yet.

In 2 years it has only gone off once in a false alarm. My suspicion is that just having the alarm box on the wall is enough to put off the opportunist (well as long as it is a genuinue box and not one of the obvious dummys!

Chris
Old 25 November 2002, 06:59 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Red face

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo

Don't waste your money get a hard wired system it should out last a wireless system 10 times over!!

And don't beleve what the blurb says about it being Jam proof it's not i know as i'm in the trade.

Trust me you will be much better off with a hard wired system also if you can get them go for the Detection systems Ds835i or Ds820i as these are the dogs naddgers of internal detectors.

And please Don't waste you money with the BIG 3 letter company as their systems don't include an live external bell box unless you pay extra for one and also the system is a rental one and will not belong to you and your tied in for I think the minimum is 3 years,think about it the cost over 1-2 years is the same as paying for one to be fitted and it will belong to you at the end of the day
"Watch out as they have some dodgy salesmen as well" as my freind found out as they told him that they had taken over the company I work for which is a load of crap[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Go for a local company as they will almost allways offer a better service.

Huxley
Old 25 November 2002, 07:09 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

i have the yale alarm, very easy to instal and upgrade and does the job (if you belive that most crims will go to the house without an alarm- which i do)

however, i had a false alarm issue which resulted in me up a ladder with the wife at 3am in the rain taking the box off the wall as i couldnt stop it!!!!!!!!

i still use it and have made mods to the system to make me happier about it ( i havent taken the siren out in case youre a theif )

if others have had the false alarm issue to then id steer clear

T