Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

New Speed cameras - Leighton Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2002, 02:05 PM
ice man
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi mate

I noticed them the other day, they are not turned on yet, crafty buggers putting them behind the road signs.
Also noticed the speed camera's they have been putting on the bridges on the M1 between jcts 9 and 12, they hang them over the bridge!!!!

[Edited by ice man - 12/2/2002 2:05:57 PM]
Old 01 December 2002, 06:06 PM
stevenuk300
Scooby Regular

Angry

4 new speed cameras have been erected on the Leighton Buzzard bypass. I don't think they are Live yet as they were only put up on Friday 29th.
That was my best place to open the scoob up
Old 01 December 2002, 06:33 PM
pslewis.
Scooby Regular

Angry

David Blunkett advised the Home Office to go easy on the motorist as public opinion would get these cameras a bad name especially if they were erected in "safe" driving zones i.e. none hazardous areas. Well, the Chief Constables are p1ssing up Blunketts back as clearly they are not taking a blind bit of notice to his recommendations. This is so annoying given the soft approach this government and its croanies seem to have on real crime like street robbery, car related crime etc. This is what happens when left wing do-gooders get into goverment and other places of power.
In todays society you can mug an old aged pensioner, hijack a car at gunpoint, steal from a shop THEN get caught and you may get a 6 month custodial sentence if you are UNLUCKY. After good behaviour you may get out after 6 weeks: YES THIS HAPPENS, IT HAPPENS EVERY DAY OF EVERY WEEK. Drive over the speed limit however and OH MY GOD HOW HEANOUS A CRIME You WILL be thrown to the lions.
NEW LABOUR: Tough on crime ? Tough on the motorist because THEY are an easy target.
Rant Over

Pete
Old 01 December 2002, 08:04 PM
scoobycar60
Scooby Regular

Red face

The bypass you are talking about is also a popular mobile camera spot. I agree this road is a wide naturally fast stretch of road with zero residential areas, straight with excellent visibility, a perfect spot for a "revenue" camera as opposed to a "safety" camera IMHO.
Also on this subject I came up the A6 on the way to the Bedford Track day on Saturday, I noticed hoards of new cameras (not yet active) on this road. The road out of Dunstable towards Tring has now aquired a speed camera guarding the only short stretch of dual carriage on this road for miles. What a bunch of cr@p, closest I've come to an accident recently is a head on with a driver locking his brakes and drifting on to my side of the road in a vain attempt to avoid being flashed by a camera he noticed too late.... Camera effectively nearly killed me!
Old 01 December 2002, 08:09 PM
pslewis.
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

scoobycar60
You have hit the nail on the head "A REVENUE CAMERA"
This government has got this country into so much debt from its meddling affairs abroad that it has to "leach" money deviously from motorists like YOU and ME. They are nothing more than HIGHWAY ROBBERS. Best nickname NEW LABOUR "NEW DICK TURPINS" then[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Rant mode disengaged

Pete
Old 02 December 2002, 01:32 PM
stevenuk300
Scooby Regular

I've only seen the white camera van on this stretch of road twice. Is it possible that sometimes they are not activated, as my Valentine One didn't pick it up?
Old 02 December 2002, 06:10 PM
matt.bowey
Scooby Regular

Are they Gatso or the Infa Red type??