Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Where to go in Tokyo...????

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2002, 03:42 PM
Gussie Cup
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Stopping off for a couple of days in Tokyo mid January.

As I've never been to Tokyo, can anyone recommend any good places to go, things to see especially car related?

Also, I want to stay in one of those hotel 'tube' things. If anyone can point me in the right direction that'd be great.
Cheers

Ben
Old 16 December 2002, 03:49 PM
FERRARINUTTER
Scooby Regular

Wink

Try abolone..........there's only 1 place to go but a portion will cost 287 quid rising to 3500 for a plateful....

Are like oysters.........
Old 16 December 2002, 03:51 PM
FERRARINUTTER
Scooby Regular

Most hotels these days have the tubes with tv, fridges and microwaves, just hope you don't suffer from claustrophobia....and they can get noisy if 2 are sharing.....
Old 16 December 2002, 04:18 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

best place to go is on a busy intersection and watch all the crazy Japs cross the road like an army of beatles... oh and don't make the mistake of walking across a pedestrian crossing when the traffic lights go red.. you HAVE to wait until the green man is showing otherwise the locals get very upset and they will shout at you for being a criminal LOL
Old 16 December 2002, 06:19 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get the Limo bus or the trains into town, not a taxi unless you are seriously rich.

Roppongi/Shinjuku for nights out.

Ginza is the sort of Oxford street equivalent but a lot more upmarket, there are several of the car showrooms on this street,together with things like the Sony shop where you can go and boggle at the stuff that we might get over here in about 5-10 years time. Buying stuff like cutting edge hi fi/ camera s etc try akihibara.

Abalone tastes likes S02's , no worse than that like RE010's - try Fugu, more expensive and poisonous, the highly trained chef's skill is leaving enough of the poisonous gland in the fish to get you high ( your lips go numb as well) but not enough to kill you, the line is incredibly fine however. Be nice to any Japanese chaps who are heavily built, and missing some fingers, especially their little fingers - these are the yakuza and are not nice chaps.

Have fun, some of my best times ever were spent in Tokyo
Old 17 December 2002, 11:39 AM
Gussie Cup
Scooby Regular

Talking

Fugu always reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Marge persuades Homer to "try some different food Homie.... it's not like its going to kill you or anything....' LOL!

I'll keep an eye out for the chubby fingerless guys Fat-Boy - If I see one I'll say hello for you(!)

Cheers
Ben
Old 17 December 2002, 03:33 PM
father_jack
Scooby Regular

tasty fish, tasty fish, tasty fish, poison
Old 17 December 2002, 03:40 PM
rallyb0y02
Scooby Regular

Talking

father, to wash that fish down have some DRINK!! maybe a lil bit of feelin a GIRLS ****!!