Old 27 December 2002, 06:45 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Favourite tracks????
hmmmzmzmz
I guess I can narrow it down to two.
"Special Request" By the VIP crew. Its an old Cheesy jump up jungle tune with the vocals which goes "special request, ONE TIME!" Then rips into a tough as **** bassline and:
MADWORLD by DJ Kaos. Its a new tune which has the lyrics from a tears for fears tune, you know "all around me are familiar faces, going out places, going out places" The best bit about it is it makes me rush HARD! everytime I hear it. Which is only in Kaos sets. Who just so happen to have a set at Fantasy Island.
C'mon mate, come out raving NYE! Two years is a disgrace! call yourself a raver? throw on a dayglo and get on it mate, its NYE!!!!
astraboy.
Old 28 December 2002, 01:34 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

LOL@Astraboy

Nice tracks. I like the old cheesy stuff. My fav has to be, My little Fantasy both the original (4 tune fairytales) and remixed version by vinylgroover i think!!!
You know the one,
'I can see all the stars that shine on me when i dream my little fantasy, when i fly in the sky with the birds so high and it makes me feel like ecstasy, feels like ecstacy, feel my fantasy, will this feeling last forever' blah blah, sorry got carried away there It just makes feel tingly when they play it dangerous sound levels

My other favourite track has to be Turn up the music by scotty Brown (original not remixed) Absolutley banging mate.

In my raving days i heard a track by Clarke and it was great. Cant remember the name but it featured the darliks from dr who and and they went on about 'when we explode the neutron bomb' blah.... Any ideas of the name?

Mate, i used to be one hell of a raver. Every week practically. I lost count after 5 years of raving flat out. Drug free i might add. I even got quite ill from exhaustion then i had to concentrate on university but now im free from it all and i think a come back is in order. Just might go for the new year welcome in. Only decision now is where to as im based in South Wales and dont want to travel stupid distances. Any suggestions?
Old 28 December 2002, 10:22 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Cool

Well there is a new year do at Lakota in Bristol. My mates Sketchy and Compulsion and MCs Buzz and Rizla Dizla are sure to entertain you. And they are just the up and comings on the night. I'll see if I can dig out the full lineup for Lakota. I think there is an oldskool room and a techno room too.
Half a mo, I'll see if I can find it.
astraboy.
P.S. Nice tune choice btw.
Old 28 December 2002, 10:28 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

here we go.
DJ'S MAIN ROOM OLD SKOOL (ABSOLUTE OLD SKOOL)
MICKY FINN - SIMON "BASSLINE" SMITH - SLIPMATT - SY
PHANTASY - VINYL JUNKIE - PRODUCER - SCORPIO - NIFTY KICKBACK - WRAGG
DJ'S ROOM 2 HARDCORE (DELIRIUM)
FORCE & STYLES - HIXXY - UFO - DEVASTATE - FRANTIC
IMPACT - DICE - REALITY - SKETCHY - COMPULSION
DJ'S ROOM 3 TECHNO / TRANCE (NORTH)
PRODUCER - SCORPIO - RIBBZ - VORTEX - CALLY & JUICE NICK THE KID - THE TEKNOIST - DAN AVERY
DJ'S ROOM 4 89-90 CLASSICS
VINYL JUNKIE- NIFTY - GIZMO - LUGE - STIX - WINK - BLITE JASON THE BEARD
MC'S
RIBBZ - JOE PENG - JACK HORNER - ENERGY - RUDE
MEGATRON - SMILEY - FUGITIVE - SI THE SIGH - BUZZ - AMMO RIZLA DIZLA - SHOCKER
TICKETS £23.50 +BF (More On Door) in advance from:
BRISTOL Replay 0117 9041135, Ticket shop 0117 9299008, BATH Replay 01225 404060, SWINDON Sumos
01793 480051, CARDIFF Catapult 02920 228990, GLOUCESTER 45’S 01452 309445,
TAUNTON Rite On 01823 353323. TICKET/COACH AGENTS: BRISTOL John 07989 886832, W-S-M Gareth
07881 562802, BATH Anthony 07979 272412, EXETER Nick 07929 920965, MIDLANDS, Alex 07816 094001
INFO: 07973 734701, 0117 9426208, 07989 886832.
Not bad eh?
astraboy.
Old 28 December 2002, 10:32 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Cool

However, if you are willing to travel from the southwest to Staines, then I am driving up to Fantasy Island. And I have a spare seat in the motor. If you want an event that will blow you away then fantasy island is it. If you can get yourself to where I'm gonna set off by about oneish in NYE then you are more than welcome to come along. Its gonna be a mission, but its gonna be worth it.
astraboy.
Old 29 December 2002, 05:27 AM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Thats one hell of a line up mate I was thinking about Bristol funny enough as i have been up there a few times and had a wicked night in the past. I see Mc Fugitive will be there. He lives right opposite my house in Wales. His mam (Dee) is always raving with him and watching him MC. Nice family though. Got seperated from my mates once and spent the entire night with them which was cool.

I think your trip is slightly too far for me astraboy but i thankyou for the invitation anyway and hopefully we can meet up at a future event in the New year and have one hell of a laugh/time. I will have a think though but its unlikely. Any luck on the name of that tune i was on about??? I havent heard it for about 7 years since i was 17.

Thanks for the info though. Its just a case of deciding now.

Scrappy
Old 29 December 2002, 11:39 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

<Any luck on the name of that tune i was on about??? I havent heard it for about 7 years since i was 17.>
Which one? the one in this thread?
I'll have a look around for ya mate.
astraboy.
Old 29 December 2002, 06:52 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Yeh the one in this thread. Cheers mate. Its a hard banging one. Thanks again

Scrappy