Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

New Labour's Speed Cameras

Search this Thread

Old 30 December 2002, 09:29 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Has anyone noticed the sheer amount of Speed Cameras being erected around the country. The worse thing is they used to have warning signs telling you that they were in the vicinity.
But now they have been erected without any warning signs at all. Was cruising down the A1 just North of Newark and saw they have put a new camera here. No warning signs either. Lucky I was in heavy traffic or it would have been 3/6 points.
One funny thing I did see was all the cameras that have been ripped down/vandalised driving through Glossop(nr Manchester). The locals seem to have had enough of them.
Can't this government just be sensible and place them in high risk areas or outside schools. Don't know about you lot but I need to invest in a decent radar detector soon.
Old 30 December 2002, 09:44 PM
scrappydoo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I think to be honest mate people would have to be blind as not to miss the bloody things. They are a sodding menace to society and ive seen loads of accidents around these camera sites. People are more worried about their speed than whats ahead of them. Nightmare waiting to happen if you ask me. Im infuriated about this speed camera stupidity. At the end of the day its all about Money and Greedy fat tw*ts. Simple. They couldnt give a flying f**k for our safety. You just have to look at our armies to see that. No hesitation in sending them in at all. There will be a time and i think its begun when people will become that pi$$ed off that they will take matters into their own hands. I for one welcome it.

Rant over

Scrappy
Old 30 December 2002, 09:56 PM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Question

i noticed a load of trevelos went up in Glosop recently, every few hundred yards, it's crazy (and they ruin the look of a historic peak district town). Are you saying these have been ripped down?
Old 31 December 2002, 02:05 AM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

I almost ended up with a merc up my *** today cuz of a speed camera just off jct 24 on the M62.

A merc in the inside lane decided to pull out into the outside lane behind me just as we approached the camera. I knew the camera was there so i braked before it, knocking about 15mph from my speed. He ended up having to slam on the anchors and swerving back into the inside lane and almost hit another slower moving car. Not all that safe considering it's a steep downhill dual carriageway.

Safety Camera my ****!!!
Old 31 December 2002, 08:18 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Talking of speed cameras, what happened to the speed cameras on the M6 as you approach Manchester? Why have they all been taken down?
Old 31 December 2002, 09:02 AM
marty_t3
Scooby Regular

I haven't noticed any on the M6 between Carlisle and Manchester. I hope i'm not mistaken as i had a little play with an old supra last week approaching Manchester.
Old 31 December 2002, 10:39 AM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

Yes John they were painted green and hidden really well driving through Glossop. Few of the locals seem to have taken the law into their own hands and ripped them down (about 5 of them).
The yellow ones haven't been touched yet.
Old 31 December 2002, 11:29 AM
johnfelstead
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Wink

i think you will find they were taken down and replaced by the yellow monstrosities, rather than the locals going all roysten vasey.
Old 31 December 2002, 12:02 PM
Pavlo
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When the last election stuff was going on, I don't remember Labour ever detailing what their stance was for the motorist? How on earth is this democracy?

I would like to say I voted against this,(well I didn't vote labour), but how does one get a say in this, or at least an opionion?

Write to your MP? What, so they can be silenced by dodgy geezers because there is something more important being argued about?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Old 01 January 2003, 01:31 AM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Funny the only party i heard with an opinon was the tory party where william hague said on national tv that he would do away with the M4 bus lane and stop the madness which is New Labours policy on roads, funny enough nobody voted for them therefore New Labour realised nobody cared about empty bus lanes springing up on ever road and millions of motorists being criminalised so carry on picking on the motorist.
Old 01 January 2003, 01:20 PM
Huxley
Scooby Regular

Wink

I think we need our own version of this
Revenge is sweet

Huxley

[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]Fookin robbin gready ba$tards[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 02 January 2003, 09:23 PM
Hoppy
Scooby Regular

Location: Where age and treachery reins over youthful exuberance
It's the Specs cameras that I fear. They are very hard to spot (or vandalise ) often mounted on motorway gantries or fly-overs and they measure your AVERAGE speed between cameras. They read your front number plate digitally and the NIP can be on the doormat before you are. I heard that they can't read square plates and this was semi-confirmed by a very trustworthy source.

Funily enough, I bought a square plate just before Xmas but I never venture far without my Road Angel and laser jammer. Touch wood, no points yet.

Richard.
Old 02 January 2003, 10:14 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

SPECS are easy enough if you have a scope on your air rifle.
astraboy.