Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Motorbike Track Days

Search this Thread

Old 23 February 2001, 11:30 AM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

A work colleague has recently ordered some lunatic Triumph 955i bike and wants/needs to get a bit of practise in before he takes delivery of it. Does anyone know of tracks/organisations which allow you to hire and ride decent bikes (600cc and above apparently) for the day?

This should allow me to safely let him out at weekends and not cause me to have to recruit a replacement

Cheers

Yex
Old 23 February 2001, 11:43 AM
andrew6321
Scooby Regular

Yex
Presumably he's passed his test? If so, then his best bet is probably just to get out and ride - carefully. Track days will teach him throttle, brake & cornering techniques, but they can't teach him about real-life traffic situations.

Most Triumph dealers will have a 955i demo bike, which I'm sure they'd let him ride in the meantime. Sorry for not being much help.

Andrew
Old 25 February 2001, 08:51 PM
nevr
Scooby Regular

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Yex:
<B>A work colleague has recently ordered some lunatic Triumph 955i bike and wants/needs to get a bit of practise in before he takes delivery of it. Does anyone know of tracks/organisations which allow you to hire and ride decent bikes (600cc and above apparently) for the day?

This should allow me to safely let him out at weekends and not cause me to have to recruit a replacement

Cheers

Yex[/quote]
Donnington Brands Hatch and now Silverstone do bike training where the bikes are provided.. If it road training there are numerous organisations out there.. Take a look at the Rapid Training site, Ride Drive
or Motorcycle uk, drop me an Emailand I acn arrange
Old 26 February 2001, 08:47 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

Training is a good idea but real life builds good confidence, once he's happy with the basics just get out there and take it easy. If its a new bike then essentialy he needs to run it in for the first 2K anyway(my Yam needed that).
A good mix of county and town work, within a month he'll be 100% more confident, after this is when he really needs to take it easy, as his mate a lot of the responsibility falls to you, if you take it easy he should too so make sure your leading as much as possible, have fun.

Cammy.