Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

whos been on TV here?

Search this Thread

Old 23 January 2003, 12:41 PM
NeilT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

As the title says, I dont mean like a 2 sec flash of ya face standing in the crowd at some big event, but your "15 minutes of fame"

Anyone?

Neil

ps - I was on Jim'll Fix it when I was 6 - meeting Dr Who and K9!!

[Edited by NeilT - 1/23/2003 5:39:43 PM]
Old 23 January 2003, 12:50 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

I was on Normski's Dance Energy in about 1994. Full on closeup of me groovin to EYC - Feelin Alright and Alison Limerick.

Mind you i dance like Alan Partridge..............

Oh yeah and was also on the 2001 Naked Chef Xmas Party, with Jamie Oliver. I was DJing with a mate for the party and theres footage of us on the 1s and 2s and pushing cases around.

[Edited by druddle - 1/23/2003 12:52:06 PM]
Old 23 January 2003, 12:52 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
I was on a programme called "Poparound" when I was 10. It was along the same lines as "Runaround" but pop music related. It was poo!!!

Old 23 January 2003, 01:01 PM
Ducati 996
Scooby Regular

I've been on Men and Motors twice, for bike stuff, did a long piece on Motorcross for Two Wheels, and another was a program with of all people Vanilla Ice and "Jordan", before she went barking mad, I had a ZX-6R at the time and they used it for a few of the intro's with her on it etc.

Oh and did an interview for CNN about 5 years ago in New York about the rise of MP3's and music pirating, they said they would definitely use my bit, as I was from the UK, but it only aired in the US from what they said, so I can't really make any claims, as I didn't see it.
Old 23 January 2003, 01:02 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

I am sure Gossy got a memorable part in Top Gear.......
Old 23 January 2003, 01:03 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

newcastle cruise

Fair enough wasnt good publicity but still on
Old 23 January 2003, 01:04 PM
Scooby Doh!
Scooby Regular

I was on Bullseye (throwing the darts) in 1987 - you can't beat a bit of Bully!

Trending Topics

Old 23 January 2003, 01:08 PM
Huge
Scooby Regular

Cool

Interviewed on Sky Sports after competing at Rockingham back in May. Also some footage of me on track (probably being overtaken )

I think that my then boss wasn't too pleased that I was described as 'Team Spokesman'!!

Was back at Rockingham in October for a second race, but couldn't interest Sky in a second interview

Hugh
Old 23 January 2003, 01:11 PM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

..Police,Camera,Action - There are unconfirmed rumours of me driving me old wagon at "excessive" speed on the M40 being filmed by the Thames Valley Police Helicopter before getting rolling roadblocked and arrested... wonder how I can have this confirmed or denied??
Old 23 January 2003, 01:17 PM
grovesy
Scooby Regular

Talking

I was once on crime stoppers.....

But my face was covered.
Old 23 January 2003, 01:35 PM
Devil's Refugee
Scooby Regular

Wink

I've been in a film !
Restless Natives (if anyone can remember that Scottish hit!)
Old 23 January 2003, 01:36 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

was it about two armed robbers running around in clown masks?
Old 23 January 2003, 01:44 PM
T.C
Scooby Regular

You may remember the Christmas Drink/Drive adverts that they used to do many years back, well the Police car filmed driving to the scene of the accident was driven by me, and the Policeman administering the breath test to the driver was me. Yep they used real Policemen, used to take about three days to film a 30 second advert.

Have appeared on a number of Police Stop films/video's (I was doing the chasing, not being chased)there was a similar programme on Sky 1 a few years back and I was on the opening credits.

Been on the BBC and ITV news a few times, Hungerford (Michael Ryan) Major M4 Crashes etc.

These days it tends to be the press. I have my own column in Motorcycle Voyager magazine which was launched in November, I am quite regularly interviewed in my capacity as an accident investigator and advanced driving /riding examiner/instructor by Motorcycle News, although recently it has been to do with the Motorcycle black visor issue which I have been involved in, and tomorrow I am in the Sun Newspaper on the same matter.

I have done radio interviewd for radio 4 on motorcycle training, Radio 2 on the same thing, and occasionaly I get asked for comments about motorcycles by regional TV.

Thats about it I think.

[Edited by T.C - 1/23/2003 1:45:29 PM]
Old 23 January 2003, 01:55 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Talking

My mate was watching Men & Motors one night and they were doing something about Crail. He said the camera moved round to face the start line and I was lined up in the VTS ready to launch

I've never seen the footage though

I was also briefly on TV (highlights) when I was the Hearts mascot in 1986. We were playing Clydebank and won 1-0, the next game we blew a spectacular goal difference lead and lost the league to Celtic, the week after that we crumbled against Aberdeen and lost the Scottish Cup........just call me lucky
Old 23 January 2003, 02:01 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was on the news a couple of years ago on the morning I called work sick I called my boss and he said "I just saw you on the news this morning" I had a badly bruised foot and had got bored at home (couldn't walk or drive) and a mate picked me up to go to a cruise, the police were there pulling eveyone and the BBC were filming it I got bored of sitting in the car and hopped round the back to see what was happening and leaned on my mates boot but the BBC were filming

Also on channel 4 at some stupid hour on the rallysprint show because I was friends with a guy who lent Steve Hill his rear diff from his mitsi evo 1 and Steve Hill won the rallysprint championship we were looked after in the pits etc and channel 4 filmed us in the pits talking to the team sadly autosport and papers etc gave the credit to the guy who owned the car (think he did it deliberatly [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] w@nker) although I was the one who organised it and ran around like a t!t

Paul
Old 23 January 2003, 02:06 PM
Marc W
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I was on Top Gear many years ago as a winner of their 'Be a Top Gear Presenter' competition and was given the pleasure of having the **** taken out of me by Clarkson over the driving of my TVR S3.

Was also on a hideously dull Panorama a couple of years ago about Endowment mortgages and was filmed looking round some flats. They then interviewed my girlfriend and I and showed all her comments and completely edited me out

Those two appearances must total 10 minutes yet the number of people that remember them years later is shocking!!!

Marc

Old 23 January 2003, 02:23 PM
Devil's Refugee
Scooby Regular

Mj,

Yes it was !
My 15 seconds of fame as a wee boy was to run up Princes Street gardens (in a tank-top!) and feed the pidgeons.
On the last take, there were no ******* pidgeons left to feed as they were all pi$$ed off with everyone causing a ruckus, so instead I ended up chasing a squirrel !
Got paid a measely tenner for a whole day's shooting.
Old 23 January 2003, 02:37 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

TC,

Yep they used real Policemen, used to take about three days to film a 30 second advert.
not including the actual response time, i'm guessing!!!

B
Old 23 January 2003, 02:41 PM
Re-Bitten Hero
Scooby Regular

Smile

I was on Driven when they filmed a comparison of the TVR Tuscan S vs. Porsche GT2 vs. Ferrari 360 I got a few seconds of describing the Porsche as looking more "like a boy-racer's car" than the others

Richard
Old 23 January 2003, 04:03 PM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

Didn't JC take the **** out of Gossy for his pronunciation of Le Mans on TG?
Old 23 January 2003, 04:06 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Talking

I was on the tv just now...but then the stand broke...
Old 23 January 2003, 04:11 PM
Ferne
Scooby Regular

I did a TV ad about 15 years ago - bad 80's perm and in a bikini!
Old 23 January 2003, 04:39 PM
rallycol
Scooby Regular

Took part in a "fly on the wall documentary" ,six 35 minute episodes that took 9 months to film ,and cost the BBC best part of £300,000.
Old 23 January 2003, 04:46 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Talking

When the courts decided that closing down my then local coal mine was illegal, I was filmed pulling pints in the local for the celebrating miners.

The item was shown on ITV's 10 o'clock news!
Old 23 January 2003, 07:20 PM
taffyboyo
Scooby Regular

Talking

I was in audience on crackerjack CRACKERJACK in 1981
Highlight of the day was seeing the great suprendo!
What a **** day!
Old 23 January 2003, 07:25 PM
Luke
BANNED

3 times.... but only bits of me. And one running away from the camera..
Old 23 January 2003, 07:41 PM
Dougster.
Scooby Regular

Peter Allis and Alex Hay comented on how 'that was the way to do it' when TV cameras caught me swigging a bottle of Michelob whilst posing on a 26ft Maxum, in Ross Dhu Bay, watching the Loch Lomond Invitational Golf Tournament!!!!

And yes I was meant to be working.

Cameras also caught me in my earlier days climbing the barriers between the Clydebank fans and Aberdeen casuals. The Bankies had just equalised to make it 2-2 in the Scottish Cup and I decided I wanted some sheep!!!!!

The footage was shown in our local just as we had arrived back from Aberdeen and I got a massive cheer!! Took 3 cops to pull me down and I didn't even get chucked out!!