Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

NHS, immigrantrs - MY rant for today

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2003, 01:36 AM
Jye_0
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And your the golden boy of the moment in Scoobynet, haha, what a sad little plank u r m8. Least Im not a racist wee bigot hiding behind a screen 400 miles away tellin everyone how to run the UK

Keep up the diplomatic relations m8, your doin splendid, ya sad spud

And bye the bye, popeye, (rhyme?) never post past yer beddy time

[Edited by Jye_0 - 2/1/2003 1:39:26 AM]
Old 02 January 2003, 01:48 AM
Luke
BANNED

Wink

Jye

You aint in the know............. they (Moderators) hate me "cos"(trying street cool words!) they are all ex prefects (not Nick "Cos" he is "ICE man"And Sammy from Wales as he is the fine gent who sold me this computer)and are scared of those who dont mince our words....

[Edited by Luke - 2/1/2003 1:50:56 AM]
Old 02 January 2003, 02:46 AM
Jye_0
BANNED

Wink

Check out how well your 'welfare thread' is going, splendid, lol, yer think you should start a new thread soon entitled "I cannot say anything worth listening to so I’m going to try my hand at slagging one person at a time cos its all my 2 ickle braincells working as a gang can cope with"

Nice 1

time for me to do some work, hopefully you agree with 'this' concept at least, HF and sweet dreams

[Edited by Jye_0 - 2/1/2003 2:49:05 AM]
Old 02 January 2003, 12:54 PM
Katana
Scooby Regular

You're righy Shrek, you are such a ***..

[Edited by Katana - 2/1/2003 12:57:36 PM]
Old 31 January 2003, 09:43 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

After hearing that we as a country do not health check Asylum Seeker/economic migrants coming into the UK I then found out this.
Last year we ‘imported’ 2000 people into the UK with Aids – AIDS! This costs at least 11K per year in treatment
Also people coming in with TB and hepatitis B

All of these immediately go to OUR NHS for treatment, no wonder it is in a sh*t state.

We (the government) are recruiting nurses from aboard; one of the countries is Botswana. 40% of the population have Aids. We recruited 100 nurses last year so 40 could have Aids + their partners so maybe 80 people which are now our responsibilty.

One NHS trust was spending their entire Aids budget on treating the nurses!

How can you not be testing people wanting to come into this country – stupidly I assumed that we did – well you would be mad or incompetent not to wouldn’t you?!?

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 1/31/2003 9:44:06 AM]
Old 31 January 2003, 09:50 AM
rayman
Scooby Regular

yawn....
Old 31 January 2003, 09:50 AM
Jye_0
BANNED

heheh
Old 31 January 2003, 09:53 AM
fin
Scooby Regular

Angry

i hate this FUUUUU%%%^&&&king Country
Old 31 January 2003, 09:56 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry

I'm getting SERIOUSLY pissed off with this.

If I didn't have a job to do I'd like to find out how many inflammatory, anti-immigration, xenophobic threads Paul Habgood has started or significantly contributed to.

I can accept that people are entitled to their views, but to me, a moderator should set an example of how the community should behave. Paul, you seem to be setting a particularly unpleasant example.

I am picking on you PRECISELY because you are posting all this crap with the proud badge of moderator. If you used a different login without that badge, I would keep my mouth shut - you can blend in with the rest of them.

Finally, to all of you ethnic cleansers out there, if you don't like it, VOTE THEM OUT or GET OUT. If you can't vote them out, it means yours are the MINORITY viewpoints in a democracy. LIVE WITH IT.

Jesus, now I know why I don't like to live in my home country any more - there are such a bunch of narrow-minded, bigoted arseholes there.

Brendan
Old 31 January 2003, 10:06 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Angry

By the way - my wife and son are Mongolian. If we move back to live in the UK, and she gets cancer, would you then want her deported to get treatment in Mongolia?

[Edited by Brendan Hughes - 1/31/2003 10:07:45 AM]
Old 31 January 2003, 10:14 AM
Many Humbug Returns
Scooby Regular

The record's got stuck again - someone chuck it out, please, it's bullsh1t anyway.
Old 31 January 2003, 10:16 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Smile

I'm getting SERIOUSLY pissed off with this.

So am i this is why i post what i post

If I didn't have a job to do I'd like to find out how many inflammatory, anti-immigration, xenophobic threads Paul Habgood has started or significantly contributed to.

Obviously not pissed off enough, have a go!

I can accept that people are entitled to their views, but to me, a moderator should set an example of how the community should behave. Paul, you seem to be setting a particularly unpleasant example.

I see and hear the news, i talk with friends i have family in the Police i keep my eyes open and up until a few months ago i kept my mouth shut, now like a lot of people i feel the need to be vocal

I am picking on you PRECISELY because you are posting all this crap with the proud badge of moderator. If you used a different login without that badge, I would keep my mouth shut - you can blend in with the rest of them.

So moderators are not allowed to post their views under their own name? being an all powerful mod i must have a big influence over people on here as ther are after all easliy led - BTW i cannot mod this forum or alter anything here, please fell free to report me to a modrator if you fell my posts are out of order.

Finally, to all of you ethnic cleansers out there, if you don't like it, VOTE THEM OUT or GET OUT. If you can't vote them out, it means yours are the MINORITY viewpoints in a democracy. LIVE WITH IT.

Jesus, now I know why I don't like to live in my home country any more - there are such a bunch of narrow-minded, bigoted arseholes there.

Perhaps less of the personal attack - it appears you really do not like me, i can live with that but it kinda weakens your case, grow up!
As you say you do not live here - perhaps you should give it a go and see what is going on, as for te monority, you really do not have a clue do you - came back to the UK and see how normal, decent law abiding people feel.

To be honest i feel exasperated

Old 31 January 2003, 10:18 AM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Paul, with all due respect and only FWIW, I totally agree with Brendan here.

I'm not saying moderators should not have their own views, of course they should.

But actually starting threads over & over again that will surely get only the most radical replies is not a good idea IMHO.

Again, FWIW, it's all bits & bytes anyway.
Old 31 January 2003, 10:19 AM
rayman
Scooby Regular

yawn...
Old 31 January 2003, 10:21 AM
Richard Askew
Scooby Regular

Brendan - I have repected many of your posts in the past, and you are one of the clearer cut people here (if that makes sense?) you seem to have a valid and well structured arguement and point of view.

However, on this occassion I must disagree with one of your points:
Just because Paul is a Moderator, why cant he have a point of view? Nothing he has said is beyond the guidelines set out by Simon for ALL users. Yes as moderators we should must be vigilant not to be seen to "slant" opinions by deletion/editting, but it really shouldnt affect us having views of our own..

Your thought please..
Old 31 January 2003, 10:22 AM
Many Humbug Returns
Scooby Regular

HERE HERE, Brendan!

"Hapless" threatened me with violence about 18 months ago on here because he lost an argument about cats in which he failed to see the joke.

He then abused his moderator's power to have my registration deleted from scoobynet.

He seems to me to be a very unhappy, frustrated man who clearly has personal problems, and uses any vehicle he can find to scapegaoat and direct his bitterness and anger towards.

Moderators are supposed to MODERATE, not whip up trouble and agitate.

Old 31 January 2003, 10:27 AM
FERRARINUTTER
Scooby Regular

Christ................they'll be raising taxes to pay for it all

(whisper)

They have????!!!!!!!! That's outrageous
Old 31 January 2003, 10:27 AM
bros2
Scooby Regular

Brendan

Ah, but you're Irish, so you can't comment. Only proper Englishmen have the right to talk on this subject. You know, the ones who've been here since the Norman conquest or before.

Oh, and you don't live in Ing-ur-land any more so you wouldn't know that on every street corner lurks an drug-selling, Sarin-carrying asylum-seeker, each of whom has been given massive amounts of State aid and is living in a listed building. And the fact that every immigrant has AIDS, Hep B and 37 dependent relatives has probably escaped your attention as well.

Still, there you are living in a coutry where they're all lazy foreigners, never done a day's hard work between them, living off EU subsidies and paying no tax. With a Mongolian wife, who you want to bring here for medical treatment!

No wonder England's going to the dogs. Something should be done about it, and I'm going to vote for Ian Duncan Smith because he knows what's what.

And Labour are up to their usual tricks, caving in to the unions, being soft on dictatorships, giving massive pay rises to public services.

bros
Old 31 January 2003, 10:32 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Quote from Bumhug by Hapless
"Hapless" threatened me with violence about 18 months ago on here because he lost an argument about cats in which he failed to see the joke.

He then abused his moderator's power to have my registration deleted from scoobynet.

He seems to me to be a very unhappy, frustrated man who clearly has personal problems, and uses any vehicle he can find to scapegaoat and direct his bitterness and anger towards.

Moderators are supposed to MODERATE, not whip up trouble and agitate.

Almost not worth replying to but being you do not let the truth get in the way of a good story then here goes.

Yes i did threaten you after you posted how to cause pain and suffering to animals you posted an example of hhow to do this which is unacceptale to me- Hurting animals and advising others how to is WRONG! oh and BTW feel the same way about people who hurt people so not just an animal activist.

Resignation from Scoobynet - Did not know you had - certainly did not delete it - Unless you posted in Midlands then i cannot - so what you are saying is i unresigned you - How bizarre could you not re resign or is that not an option, anyway looks like you decidied to stay if you do resign again i promise not to unresign you

As for your personal attack - it appears you are as bad as me then and as you dislike me so much then that must hurt

As for abusing Mod power - what powers - I can move, edit or delete posts in Midlands - so if thats power I am the man!

Bumhug as for personal probs - People in glass houses..........

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 1/31/2003 10:41:17 AM]
Old 31 January 2003, 10:35 AM
zoog
Scooby Regular

Oh dear, Oh dear.
Old 31 January 2003, 10:37 AM
Jye_0
BANNED

Agree with Brendan on this one
Old 31 January 2003, 10:45 AM
rayman
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

its the cut and paste man watch out !!!! feel safe already !!!

[Edited by rayman - 1/31/2003 10:48:04 AM]
Old 31 January 2003, 11:08 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Brendan

Re your family

I imagine your wife married you for love and all the right reasons and is not an illegal immigrant or economic migrant just using you as hwer way into the UK- for what it is worth then i do not have a problem and never will have

As for her catching cancer - having watched my father waste away with cancer of the colon then i would not wish this on my worst enemy and would certainly hope treatment was avaliable - a bit of an emotive example don't you think?

Old 31 January 2003, 11:32 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

**** it, my entire morning's ruined, so I'm going to try to reply.

Paul - just got your last post. If I substitute cancer for AIDS, would you be more comfortable? You seem to be shocked that we have to pay for AIDS treatment for people, but cancer is too scary as you have seen it?

In your first post, you said we do not health check asylum seekers. Er, yes. Because nowhere in the international conventions on asylum does it say "People can seek refuge from persecution unless they have an expensive illness, in which case too bad they can stay put." All countries do it (or should) under international law.

Your second point, immediately afterwards, was that we import nurses, so 40% of them probably have AIDS.

You curiously didn't say if we health check the nurses, just left the implication hanging that we don't, and thus a large chunk of imported nurses have AIDS (hey everyone, watch out if you are treated in hospital by a Forriner!). Nice little break in the chain of causality to brush over. Such an implied link is propaganda, not fact.
As you seem so good at research, perhaps you can tell us that. And was that really your own research, or would you like to tell us where you copied it from? It smacks of tabloid journalism, or worse.

By the way, there are also scandals of British doctors who have AIDS. I don't see you posting about them. THAT is why I say that you are bigoted and xenophobic, you are always on about foreigners. Don't patronise me by telling me to grow up, look at yourself first. What I said was not a personal attack, certainly no more than yours is a personal attack on the quality of Botswanian nurses. I did write a personal attack, it was in the second post, and I edited it out after 60 seconds.

Richard - thank you, but I tried to make my point very clearly in the first post, I have no more to add except to repeat that someone posting under a moderator badge should try to set the tone for the community. Although I have extremely strong views about uncle buck etc, I don't bother airing them. This place is likened to a huge pub. Well, I would guess that a pub where the bar staff frequently started fights would not have a pleasant atmosphere.

bros - nice post, but I am no more Irish than you are a washed-out 80s heart-throb mate

Old 31 January 2003, 11:38 AM
bros2
Scooby Regular

Brendan,

Never been one of the Goss twins, but I was at my best in the 80's. And washed-out probably sums me up rather well.

bros

Edited to say "corner!"

[Edited by bros2 - 1/31/2003 11:39:28 AM]
Old 31 January 2003, 11:47 AM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

Quote by Brendan
'By the way - my wife and son are Mongolian. If we move back to live in the UK, and she gets cancer, would you then want her deported to get treatment in Mongolia?'

Don't be so childish Brendan. You are a UK citizen.

Quote:-'Jesus, now I know why I don't like to live in my home country any more - there are such a bunch of narrow-minded, bigoted arseholes there.'

Paul Habgood is pointing out a very worrying point. Many contagius diseases are coming into this country. Whats wrong with a screening programme?

Brendan its precisely you're attitude why this country is in a mess. You play the 'Race' card everytime someone mentions immigrants. OMG he must be in the BNP. Until these issues are addressed and people like you stop preaching b*llox then we might aswell treat the whole world on the NHS. LOL.

Obviously living in Lisbon I can understand you're attitude as you don't have the huge immigration problems like we do. And don't have to live with it.

[Edited by Popeye P1 - 1/31/2003 11:55:14 AM]
Old 31 January 2003, 11:54 AM
bros2
Scooby Regular

Popeye

Many worrying diseases are in this country and are being spread around by our own citizens. Want to know what the AIDS stats are in Edinburgh, and how they got that way? It wasn't through a massive influx of immigrants, legal or otherwise, but through the prevalence of needle-sharing heroin users.

Sure, some immigrants of whatever colour will have illnesses, and I'd agree that economic migrants should have to pass a basic medical, but that's as far as I'd go.

Asylum seekers can't be refused entry on grounds of medical condition; immigrant nurses etc can. I understand that those who work in Watford General (can't speak for other hospitals or health authorities) ARE required to have a full medical before they can travel to the UK.

Hope this clarifies a little.

bros
Old 31 January 2003, 12:00 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Smile

Brendan

- I suppose I could have left out the word 'Botswana' but why, this is where a problem lies. Would I be less 'racist' in your eyes if I had, if so then you may have the problem? When watching the news or such they often leave in little snippets of info such as location or country, it's the way it works.

I am not racist, never have been and hopefully never will but the racist card is an easy one to play as some people like to The colour of skin, religion or race is not an issue with me. What is what is happening to the UK and its resources. I am patriotic, maybe a bit right wing but not a candidate for the BNP or such.

Importing AIDS or any other deseases iniot the UK makes no sense whatsoever, we have a struggling NHS system for many many reasons it is not perfect and needs sorting out but this sort of thing is not going to help

I am concerned about us importing infections into the UK, it is not like you can give someone a pill and AIDS will clear up - IT KILLS and cost shed loads to treat. as stated on NHS trust is spending its budget on treating nurses alone - this cannot be right.

TB was pretty much irradiated from the UK and now on way back - the NHS is struggling at the moment, this will not help at all.

As for doctors having AIDS then I am sure some do and this is something I know little about, maybe I will did a bit deeper.

In your first post, you said we do not health check asylum seekers. Er, yes. Because nowhere in the international conventions on asylum does it say "People can seek refuge from persecution unless they have an expensive illness, in which case too bad they can stay put." All countries do it (or should) under international law.

I stand by what I posted, we should to protect the health of the UK wherever possible. Importing people with major health problems makes no sense whatsoever, it is not like the UK does not contribute to the WHO and such to help other countries

As you seem so good at research, perhaps you can tell us that. And was that really your own research, or would you like to tell us where you copied it from? It smacks of tabloid journalism, or worse

Most of this came from the shadow health minister on Talk Radio yesterday and was in most of the papers, yes even some of the broad sheets

Have a nice day or what is left of it!

BTW - It's worth mentioning how AIDS has become a pandemic disease, it is thought to have originated in Africa and spread due to migration of populations. In addition there are different strains of AIDS that affect different areas of the world the virus that affects Africa is different to that that affects first world countries and therefore the drugs to treat the disease are not the same. My point is that diseases are spread via migration of populations and new strains are introduced into the new population this is how a disease becomes more virulent. My partner has a Bsc in social sciences and studied Health & Disease & Third World Development.

[Edited by Paul Habgood - 1/31/2003 12:43:17 PM]
Old 31 January 2003, 12:34 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Paul - where did I call you racist? I called you xenophobic and bigoted. You seem to have an automatic fear and mistrust of all foreigners, not those of a particular race.

So it wasn't your research as you said, but you quote from the Tory health minister. Hmm, there's a reliable source for objective, non-populist statistics, eh?

As for Popeye, , I don't believe I'm stooping to answer this.

How old are you, Popeye? 14?

People have been complaining about the collapsing NHS since I started reading the newspapers in the mid-80s. I have little doubt that they complained before then.

The current immigration hysteria started in the late 90s after the Balkan war, and particularly after the collapse of the stock market in the last year or two.

So, as you are so intelligent, please explain to me how immigration is a SIGNIFICANT cause of the collapse of the NHS that you imply, rather than just a minor additional factor that I suspect it is? I'm curious to see how it has such a retroactive effect.

Don't talk about "people like you". I suggest it is people like you that spout crap but who haven't got a damn clue what you are talking about that don't help matters.

Oh, thanks for adding in the perfect example:
Obviously living in Lisbon I can understand you're attitude as you don't have the huge immigration problems like we do. And don't have to live with it.
You obviously don't know about the ex-Portuguese colonies of Angola (destroyed by war for how long?), East Timor (same), Mozambique, Cabo Verde, Macau being handed back to China, Brazil going through its umpteenth economic crisis… Oh, and I'll let you guess which of the UK and Portugal can afford better to pay for its influx of immigrants at present. I'm watching house prices drop by 20% here due to the economic situation.

Go back to school, come back when you've learned something.
Old 31 January 2003, 12:37 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

yawn this is getting so boring even the mods are joining in

should be anti-net not scoobynet

Quick Reply: NHS, immigrantrs - MY rant for today