Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Have NTL sorted themselves out??

Search this Thread

Old 11 February 2003, 07:54 AM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Heard o lot of bad comments a while back when NTL started have they sorted all the problems out now???
I`ve got them coming Saturday to Install a telephone line and CABLE all for the same price as a BT telephone line only??!!??
Do I need to be carefull of anything?
Doc
Old 11 February 2003, 10:30 AM
JohnMcC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have NTL digital TV, broadband, and phone.

Digital TV isnt too bad - would rather have SKY personally but NTL's Premiership Plus for £1 a month wasnt bad (dont know what it cost on sky). Does go a bit schizo sometimes and needs to be reset, but all in all Ive had no really bad experiences and find the service fine (although some of the interactive stuff does take ages and is, in a word, shyte!).

Broadband has been fine too - were a few probs initially and occasionally have lost connection for a couple of days but on the whole good.

I havent had bad customer service either when I have needed it actually - was dreading it having read the horror stories.

On the whole I find the service good - I like having everything in one, so to speak - wouldnt mind changing to sky if I could, but will probaby wait until I move house (probably next year or two0 and see what the general situation is and start from scratch.

Old 11 February 2003, 10:39 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

The TV service is useless. the box frequently hangs. Both mine and my folks at a seperate address all start to skip pictures at 00:10. There is no where near the choice that you get on sky and the menus are useless as previously mentioned. Hello NTL - where's Sky One Mix then? Well narked about this, been watching Oddessey 5 on Sky One and from next week they've moved it to Sky One Mix, which you don't get on NTL [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11 February 2003, 10:45 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Both mine and my folks at a seperate address all start to skip pictures at 00:10.
You do realise the **** is only a 10 minute free-view??
Old 11 February 2003, 10:49 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

OPhone and cable modem at home. £20 a month for both. Permanent connection. Capped at 64k but that's ok for home use. Very solid, (done some *huge* downloads with Get Right) been down a couple of times but is quickly repaired. On the whole I am happy with them.

Don't know about the TV side though.
Old 11 February 2003, 11:09 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

The broadband is great. £20 per month for 512/128. I think u can get the 1mbit for £40 now if your a warez junkie

Digital TV is ok. IMHO picture is pants compared to Sky - especially Sky Sports when watching live Footy. Very little interactive and what there is = pants. Less channels too I feel (especially music).

The best deal is the Prem Plus for £1 per month for all games. Excellent deal and long may it last

Simon.
Old 11 February 2003, 11:26 AM
asifR
Scooby Regular

click here

try this site out and see how good they really,

i do actually work for nt'hel'l
Old 11 February 2003, 11:39 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

You do realise the **** is only a 10 minute free-view??
LOL - don't get that either! Seriously, no matter what channel you watch, at 00:10 on the dot, the screen flickers with black screens, 3 different boxes I know of all do this!
Old 11 February 2003, 12:10 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks like i`ve made the right choice then.
I`m not having the TV cause i`ve already got Sky digital.
The deal gives me the 600k connection speed for the price of the 125k for the first six months (£13.99 / month) whats the chances of me swapping back to a slower connection after six months??
Old 11 February 2003, 01:42 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

i have the 1meg line- the service when it works is great (although it often runs slow)

the custumer service is from another planet...planet morron perhaps.

i have NEVER encountered a firm with such an attitude towards their custumers. all the way from their answering of phones to their complaints handling i have found them incompetent.

their ratio of truth to lie is about 9/1 in favour of lying.

if they want to sue me for slander they ae welcome, my complaints file is thick enough to give nicky from watchdog a heart attack.

T
Old 11 February 2003, 02:36 PM
Andrew Dixon
Scooby Regular

As asifR pointed out .. NTL's "unlimited" broadband is apparantly limited to just 1Gb of data a day.

By my calculations that means just over 2 hours of downloading over a 1Mbps connection.
Old 11 February 2003, 08:47 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Yes.....Keep an eye on your bill.
Cheers
Colin
Old 02 November 2003, 08:36 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No problems at all on the phone side of things but the TV is absolutely crap. Every function takes an age and the tv guide is not worth the bother. This is the reason i have Sky Digital in my bedroom, it's a million miles in front.
Ma and Pa say they're saving money on the phone side of things over BT.

Edited to add: My internet connection is NTL 128k broadband and has been for the last 6 months. Its locked up only twice, which was quickly sorted by unplugging and re-plugging the set top box.
I may get flamed for saying this, but i have found the customer service an absolute credit to the company (when pushed)

[Edited by Brun - 2/11/2003 8:40:21 AM]