Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

attention 'tree huggers'

Search this Thread

Old 19 February 2003, 10:04 AM
I_dont_giveafvk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question

what gives all the tree huggers the right to assume they speek for the whole population

tony Blair is taking flak because polls say people are tree huggers, well tony no ******* asked my opiniun and for what is worth I think you are doing a good job

I voted lib last time but next time will be labour and all down to how Blair is handing things

soo as I am sick of hearing him run down by wet codfish

well done tony blair
Old 19 February 2003, 10:17 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Who is saying they have

There were literally millions of people marching at the weekend, and agree with it or not, they were certainly not "tree huggers"

Did you actually listen to Blair's speach at the weekend in Glasgow?

During that speach he was trying to justify direct action against Iraq based on the numbers Hussain's dictatorship has killed over the years. Fair point, its an outrage, no doubt - but then its also an outrage how many have been murdered by dictatorships in many other contries across the planet over recent years. Have we threatened war against them?

No. Sounds very hypocritical to me.

Whether you agree with it or not, will killing potentially hundereds of thousands of innocents on all sides make it any better?

The man would get more respect (well, some, cos he aint got none just now) if he would just stop trying to justify it by hypocritical means and simply come clean with what they know about the weapons of mass destruction.

And as for the terrorist links, don't even go there. Did we declare war on the US when it was, as a nation, turning a blind eye to the funding of the IRA direct from America??

No.

Would any of this even be an issue if Bin Laden hadn't orchestrated the flying of two planes into the WTC and one into the Pentagon?

Doubt it.

Its time to come clean, Mr Blair, and tell us what you know. Time to stop trying to justify something based on humanitarian issues which whilst abhorrent have not resulted in a war against those other parties concerned.

D

[Edited by Diablo - 2/19/2003 10:18:48 AM]
Old 19 February 2003, 10:21 AM
I_dont_giveafvk
Scooby Regular

basically the way some people are intervied they make out they are speaking for the British peopel....they are speaking for some but not all

I agrree with some of what you are saying but the country need to show unity at this time

I didnt even vote him in but I do think we all need to stand behind him and trust him
Old 19 February 2003, 10:31 AM
TaviaRS
Scooby Regular

Dear Mr Blair,

Why aren't we going to war with China? They are guilty or similar "crimes" as Iraq. Or are they to big and nasty for us?

Oh well, how about Zimbabwe then? Come on Tony, they're gagging for a kicking!

Thanks in advance for your reply,

TaviaRS
Age 3 3/4
Old 19 February 2003, 10:43 AM
I_dont_giveafvk
Scooby Regular

China aint attacked its neigbours and keep themselves to themselves

not sure about Zim though
Old 19 February 2003, 10:48 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

China ain't got no oil m8. Neiver as Zim.
Old 19 February 2003, 10:49 AM
TaviaRS
Scooby Regular

Tibet? Weren't they an independent / sovereign nation (rather like Kuwait), now a province of China. As for oppression of natives, they are right up there with the "best" of them.

Trending Topics

Old 19 February 2003, 10:50 AM
Katana
Scooby Regular

This war is for the benefit of us. I can't understand why you guys are so against it...
Old 19 February 2003, 10:54 AM
TaviaRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

shouldn't that be "for the benefit of THE US"?

Now, I like a good war as much as the next man, but in this case I think they have got it wrong. They are being asked to prove that they haven't got something, how on earth do you do that? Katana, I reckon you have got a Ferrari, prove to me that you haven't.

Innocent until proven guilty is the way it should be.

[Edited by TaviaRS - 2/19/2003 10:55:12 AM]
Old 19 February 2003, 10:54 AM
brett555
Scooby Regular

Why dont we attack the US , they have got some old nut in power with weapons of mass destruction...

brett
Old 19 February 2003, 10:55 AM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Send in your "car inspector" then. I can put a Ferrari in my front drive with a big sign saying "Katana's Ferrari" and they still wouldn't find it.
Old 19 February 2003, 10:57 AM
I_dont_giveafvk
Scooby Regular

to be honest the reason I started this thread was not to argue against people who dont believe in a war but to say that I am getting fecked off with media coverage which implies most of the peopel are against the war

everyone has the right to their own view (not in iraq by the way)

i am simply saying anti war people do not speak for everyone but the tv news especially bbc make out they do, this is winding me up

who are the pollsters polling maybe they look to see whos reading the fecking guadain or the mirror and ask them
Old 19 February 2003, 11:06 AM
TaviaRS
Scooby Regular

Smile

As I said,

I like a good war as much as the next man, but in this case I think they have got it wrong
Also I wouldn't be seen dead reading some commie pinko subversive rag like the Grauniad or the Mirror, more of a Times man myself. I suppose you are more inclined to believe a government sponsored poll that would say that 80% are pro war with Iraq. Personally, I distrust all polls, they are only samples after all (read the small print. It makes me laugh when they show the sample size, usually about 1,000 from a population of what, 55 million )

Old 19 February 2003, 11:08 AM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Except for ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism, and Communism, war has never solved anything!
Old 19 February 2003, 11:10 AM
I_dont_giveafvk
Scooby Regular

the sooner it starts the better

and the same people protesting may feel differenly when they see Iraqis being liberated and free

all right for the wingers in their cushy semis reading their fecking guardians sipping chardoney all self righteus

the working people like me no whats wot
Old 19 February 2003, 11:13 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

Isn't it strange that the reason for war was that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction, then it was that they harboured terrorists, now it's that they have an absolutely awful record on human rights?
Strange how it changes everytime they can't prove the last one, isn't it?
Strange how they've forgotten all about Bin Laden, when catching him was number one priority a year ago?
Does it remind anyone else of teenage logic: "I'm going to do it no matter what anyone says, and I've got an answer for everything, however stupid the answers are, and if I haven't, I'll just move the goalposts!":
And these guys are in charge of world powers????
Stranger still how ANYONE can still trust either Blair OR Bush [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Alcazar
Old 19 February 2003, 11:16 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

I_dont_giveafvk
Are you offering some kind of pastiche or are you actually for real? Oh and by the way I guzzle my chardoney
Old 19 February 2003, 11:19 AM
I_dont_giveafvk
Scooby Regular

what does pastiche meen
Old 19 February 2003, 11:22 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

what does pastiche meen
I like this guy fun to hang out with
Old 19 February 2003, 11:26 AM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Wink

what does pastiche meen
I think it's a cross between a pastie and a quiche.
Old 19 February 2003, 11:27 AM
I_dont_giveafvk
Scooby Regular

im just a normal person doing a regular job that pays enoughh so I can have a nice car like my Corrado not need to rely on the state for anyting and try and pay my way as best I can who worries about the state of the world especially my country

I dont have much money and maybe not educated like sum but this dont mean im stupid, to keep my world togeether means I ave no spare cash, this is why it ***** me off all this asylum lot suing us, i ad to work boxing day to make enouggh cahs tpo pay my bills and i see the tax that I paid that day paying for these ******* who ave the cheek to sue us when theyz are in our ****ry

its allright for rich people to preach about this sh*t im not well off enough to not worry where my taxes go. im fecked of with it and peeople should aske the normal working man wot he thinks instead of peopel in privelde postions who no **** all about the reel world
Old 19 February 2003, 11:30 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

heh, you'll like my mate Paul then. Last saturday i was driving through Belverdere and paul was in the passenger seat. He spotted a random bloke at a bus stop with a NO WAR sign. In less than a second he'd wound down the window, levered himself out of it up to the waist (whilst I was doing 40) and screamed:
"OI! ******!!!! IF YOU DONT LIKE IT **** OFF BACK TO IRAQ!!!!"

astraboy.
Old 19 February 2003, 12:24 PM
krankyd
Scooby Regular

2million march in london to protest about war?

well, hitler was elected with a smaller majority... Does this mean thay we will invade poland?

Old 19 February 2003, 12:28 PM
T Gardemeister
Scooby Regular

As long as it isn't Finland, for sure, what do I care if you invade Poland?

Old 19 February 2003, 12:38 PM
Little Miss WRX

Hey Mr Gardemeister, shouldn't you be concentrating on other things than Scoobynet?

Australia are now getting involved.....and I went there to get away from all of this crap.
The majority of people over here don't want Australia to get involved and I certainly don't wish the UK to get involved, let alone Aus.

Two wrongs don't make a right and at the end of the day, innocent people will die and suffer on both sides.
Old 19 February 2003, 12:47 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Astraboy, I got the train to the march at Belvedere. Walked from Erith due to my mate telling me to turn right when he meant left!!!
Old 19 February 2003, 01:31 PM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

Who has the most weapons of mass distruction... hmm Why should we the UK and other "civilised" nations allowed to have Nukes etc ? I think the moment we completly dissarm then we can be allowed to stand on the moral high ground. I think you'll find a couple of attrocities in our past too you know.

Why on EARTH do we give a flying f**k about a missile being able to fly 15km further than is "allowed" in some text book. ffs[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Isn't North Korea a bit more of a threat? except the US wont be able to push their weight around so much as China may get involved.
Old 19 February 2003, 05:32 PM
Luke
BANNED

So if you want ...have a pro war march. See how many turn out for that....