I must practice my typing
Old 07 March 2003, 02:50 PM
scooby-new
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HA! I knew they designed that in on purpose- when I had my E30 the indicators never seemed to work 'cos despite me using them no ****** would ever let me out of side turnings. That explains why.
Old 07 March 2003, 10:50 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Regacy - You seem to have a BM hangup - Do you feel inadequate 'cos you don't have one and can't afford one?

Do you know you can get help for problems like this?
Old 07 March 2003, 11:04 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Cool

FB, chill out fella, you've been her long enough to know the sort of BMW baiting that goes on here.

It's really *not* about jealousy. I could put an M3 on the drive if i wanted to, but don't. The same applies to a lot of others here. As do experiences of somewhat aloof Beemer driving. Don't take it so personally. I'm certainly not going to look on the BMW page to see what they think of Scoobs and then get all upset about it.

Crack open another can chap!
Old 08 March 2003, 11:16 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

It's really *not* about jealousy
yeah right!!!

BB
Old 08 March 2003, 11:28 AM
jongould-work
Scooby Regular

hehe, classic...

everyone hates BMW drivers, almost as much as merc drivers in the fast lane doing 65 down the M25. its the 'prestigious car only lane' or thats how they like to think...

and before any comments about me being jelous, i swapped my E236 325 for me scooby...
Old 08 March 2003, 11:31 AM
Little Miss WRX

Wink

I feel like singing "I am sailing, I am sailing" when I drive the BMW. It goes round corners like a boat. IMHO of course.

Yep, I also get the BMW syndrome of hogging lanes and evil driving with a touch of road rage.
Only problem is, I had that before and it still occurs in non-BMW cars too. I really can't understand.
Old 08 March 2003, 02:10 PM
Funkii Munkii
Pontificating

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Angry

I thought the indicator storks were an optional extra on all cars now?? coz no **** ever indicates anyway.
Old 08 March 2003, 11:07 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Question

beemerboy, i'm Are you saying i'm lying??

Why would i want to own a BMW? As you know, i'm just down the road from you; if you've never been shown what a properly sorted Impreza can do, i'd be happy to saunter over to Rayleigh to demonstrate. Let me know fella...
Old 09 March 2003, 12:10 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

I drive both a Z3 and a classic scoob. Both can have a laugh at themselves as below was posted on the ZRoadster board. Alasdair

The other day I was cruising along as usual in my BMW coming onto one of MY motorways, which was very busy with inferior cars. First off, I couldn't believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway!(The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn.) Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the BMW lane. (Why do underlings use this lane? Surely everyone knows it is for BMW drivers only?).
Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 110mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway, but was driving at a ridiculous 70 mph! Naturally, I got to within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way. Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me! He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car.
Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast! Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my driver's licence to a Police Station to be sent away to have some points put on! (They're not free points either - they're £20 each and I was only allowed 3). But the man at the Police Station said that because I drive a BMW, it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even NEED a driving licence, so they will take it off me! See, now THAT's the sort of respect you get when you buy and drive a BMW.
Old 10 March 2003, 08:39 AM
Regacy
Scooby Regular

Smile

Morning fast bloke.
Please insert this code......
[humor] [/humor]
around my post.
many thanks
R
Old 10 March 2003, 01:21 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Talking

mmmmmm.... OK then

anyway
Old 10 March 2003, 01:38 PM
Blackscooby
Scooby Regular

BS Takes offence and legs it.

Due to the milage on my Beema 328 the steering wheel is polished smooth, the seats are nasty slippy plastic (or is that leather... can never tell)... but its strange the indicator stork looks like new ~ LOL