Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Thailand help......

Search this Thread

Old 08 April 2003, 07:55 PM
asifR1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am looking to book my honeymoon for Thailand in July

it's a joint venture to bangkok(4nights) and a beach resort (8nights)

the beach resort is Pattaya or Cha Am........anybody recommend a different resort, or have any knowledge of these or any resorts???

any help, recommendations or advice from fellow travellers would greatly be appreciated!!!!
Old 08 April 2003, 09:37 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
I've been to bangkok and pataya.

You have to see Bangkok at least once, it's unreal...and hot...never felt anything like it!. opening balcony doors at 3am to be hit with unbearable heat and humidity, it's ten times worse when you're walking through patpong market being hassled.

One tip I could give you is when you walk around Bangkok don't make eye contact with people who are calling you and trying to sell stuff or take you to a club, they'll give up, but make eye contact or look remotely interested and you'll be hassled for ages. This will be noticable in Patpong market area, but if you go to Bangkok it must be seen. The size and amount of stuff is great and it's strange watching the blokes pack it all away at 7am and putting it all back later that day.

Pattaya is a nice beach resort, Walking street is a sight to behold, lots of bars, Toni's etc. Get some food on the streets in both Bangkok and Pattaya, I never eat at the hotels and on the street they'll pull out a plastic table and chairs next to the stalls for you. Chicken was the best, can't reccomend the fried baby turtles though!
My advice in Pattaya would be to get a boat out to a nearby island and go for a bit of snorkling, the water is superb and plenty of colourful fish to see.

In both places look out for the onion bag swinging between the legs of a seemingly attractive young lady
Old 08 April 2003, 10:41 PM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

bit of a nightmare here

me and the missus have travelled all over thailand and bangkok and pattaya are probably the two most gawdy grungy places we have been to

try to find some time to go to to islands for what you imagine thailand to be like koh lantra, samui, and phi phi are just a couple
Old 08 April 2003, 10:51 PM
knuckledragger
Scooby Regular

For a beach resort, try almost anywhere in Phuket. Patong's not bad and there are plenty more to choose once in Phuket. I've been twice.
Old 09 April 2003, 09:29 AM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

We went over Christmas - Bangkok, Phuket and Chiang Mai. Bangkok is a terrific place - stay in a hotel by the river (Royal Orchid Sheraton is nice and reasonably priced). Weather was gorgeous when we were there but bearable, I believe the Summer in Bangkok is a bit sweaty!

Phuket is ok as a beach resort - we were there for the diving which is excellent (Phi Phi Islands abd Similan Islands out of this world). Not sure we'd have enjoyed it as much if we'd just been there for the resort.

Chiang Mai was excellent - lovely temples, very friendly locals and loads to see and do (trekking, elephants, cookery schools etc).

Have fun!
Gordo
Old 09 April 2003, 03:06 PM
asifR1
Scooby Regular

cheers for your help guys......

can you also let us know who u booked with and prices

found some around £800-900 for a split between bangkok and a beach resort, just want any cheaper deals!!!!
Old 09 April 2003, 04:38 PM
wakeboardar
Scooby Regular

the cheapest way to do it is to find a flight only about 400 non stop or 330 with a 4 hour wait somewhere on the way

you can walk in and book a room for the night in any hotel in thailand much cheaper than through an agent
25 quid a night would get you a 4 star room for the 2 of you

rooms are plentyful in thailand unless its xmas
diving in thailand is so cheap
about 200 quid for your open water certs
this takes 3 or 4 days
have a game of golf even if your a non player like me its fun they treat you like you were a pro with a your own buggy ,caddy and all the kit for about £15
also get a bespoke suit made for £100
have a nice time

and can you bring me back some wr lights a wr spoiler and 02 body kit they say scooby bits are very cheap there
RR
can you bring me bac

Trending Topics

Old 09 April 2003, 05:15 PM
clarence
Scooby Regular

Don't think Subaru bits are cheap there, they're not popular there at all.
What is popular are those pickup trucks (i.e. L200, Hilux).
Old 09 April 2003, 08:17 PM
asifR1
Scooby Regular

i'll keep an eye out for u.......n see if i can pick up some parts

but it's my honeymoon so i may b a bit.....busy