Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Neighbour pissing me off

Search this Thread

Old 15 April 2003, 06:35 PM
robski
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Ok it all started when we caught the edge of his grass a few times with the scoob. (Toyo Proxes leave a lovely pattern )

So he complained, we said we will try our best to avoid it and that when people park on the shared drive "for example outside his house" it makes it more awkward to reverse out. He went a bit quiet and didn't respond, then said well I don't want to fall out over it. This coming from someone whos basically ignored us for a year after snubbing his christmas party

Today despite this previous exchange a visitor outside his house has parked partly blocking the entrance to the shared drive. Normally something I wouldn't care about but the grass dispute really put my back up (he actually complained twice about this). We have a contract that says in no uncertain words that you cannot park on the shared driveway.

So where do I stand legally. I want to write him a letter saying that despite our previous discussions he has allowed a visitor to again park on the shared driveway. What legally would I be able to do with him in breach of his contract, I assume there is something or it wouldn't be worth putting it in the contract in the first place.

Any comments welcome.

Astraboy fancy a few days in Suffolk?

robsi
Old 15 April 2003, 06:43 PM
RB170
Scooby Regular

Why don't you knock on his door and ask him to get his visitor to move ?

Then if he's gets a strop on KICK THE **** OUT OF HIM

Or you could try a letter from your solicitor
Old 15 April 2003, 06:45 PM
Luke
BANNED

well thats one way...
Old 15 April 2003, 06:45 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Drive over his grass again. He will soon learn that (inconsiderate parking) = (Toyo Proxes pattern on on grass)
Old 15 April 2003, 06:46 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yep, why don't you ask him to get the visitor to move, or on the other hand you park on the shared bit and wait for him to complain.
As a last resort, you could write **** with your Toyo's on the grass.
Old 15 April 2003, 07:02 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

my advice is leave it unless its a real issue e.g. you need to get out, he'll have seen it too and all that will happen is escalation of the issue. Remember you need to keep living there.
Old 15 April 2003, 07:05 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

reverse onto his lawn, revs up to 5000, drop clutch

Andy
Old 15 April 2003, 07:06 PM
Warwick-hunt
Scooby Regular

all these people who say they don't want to fall out, are the ones who make a big deal of things, whatever you do it sounds like you wouldn't be able to please him, there has been a dispute similar to this in the street opposite me and in the end they had the council paint a few lines on the space, so it was plain to see there was no parking, it stopped the aggro from then on, its pretty quite now.
Old 15 April 2003, 07:19 PM
Many Humbug Returns
Scooby Regular

SHARED DRIVES!!!!

fecking recipe for trouble - my dad got into a fist fight with their old neighbour over same sort of sh1te.

I would never ever get a place with a shared drive now. Seriously, move - as it'll only get worse.
Old 15 April 2003, 08:12 PM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Don't get in a ruck over this mate.

Remember you have to disclose any disputes with neighbours if you sell your place. This can make it harder to shift.
Old 15 April 2003, 08:35 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

can I help at all??????
astraboy.
Old 15 April 2003, 08:49 PM
Jer
Scooby Regular

Get some weed killer, spray it over the corner of the grass you drove over. Then get him round for a few beers and make up before the corner of grass dies.
Old 15 April 2003, 10:01 PM
robski
Scooby Regular

astraboy,

suggestions?

Im waiting till he goes on holiday them Im going to spray creosote on the grass just a fine misting mind you

robski
Old 15 April 2003, 10:58 PM
Ian_S
Scooby Regular

cress seeds spelling a word out, he wont notice til he cuts grass, and has lovely white lettering he has to dig out to remove
Old 15 April 2003, 11:09 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

couple of suggestions

1) do some lovely donuts on his lawn
2) pour creosote on his lawn to spell W A N K E R in huge letters

I live in a small village and until last year had nothing but fields behind the house (we were the last house in the street). Now they've built a huge fecking housing estate full of £200K houses. The bloke next doors came from a council house to a self-build and thinks he's Lord Muck. He's got a brand new monobloc driveway, but refuses to park his car on it. He's always out hosing the ****** down, but uses the "visitors" parking bay in front of his house.

The bloke across the road has a works van and parked it in the is bay when he wasn't looking. The bloke went nuts and told him it was his "personal" parking spot. Anyway, he keeps a big plant pot on the driveway to stop anyone using it, so someone ripped out his plants and scattered all the dirt all over his new driveway.

OK, a bit childish but I was pi$$ing myself watching him clear it all up.

Stefan
Old 15 April 2003, 11:13 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Not normally one to get involved in these sort of activities...... but diesel has more of a delayed action than creosote and takes years to grow back....
Old 15 April 2003, 11:15 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

And here's me thinking I'm the only one who writes drivel. LOL
Old 16 April 2003, 11:47 AM
Chrisgr31
Scooby Regular

Read the amusing answers but going with the sensible one!

Ignore it! When you come to sell you have to declare any disputes with neighbours, which will have a horrible impact on the value of your house! If the cars really are in the way, and you genuinuely need to go out then ask nicely for them to move. Its not worth making a scene.

Personally I'd just drive round the offending car.
Old 16 April 2003, 11:54 AM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

If you can afford to move.....this kind of aggro you can do without...reminds of the days on the council estate....my god there was some scummy b*stards there...real inconsiderate

We had a right to buy...yeah right

no seriously don't affect the value of your place, sell up and find somewhere else
Old 16 April 2003, 12:08 PM
S55 HOT
Scooby Regular

If you intend to move house before he is likely to then the best advice is not to get into any kind of disute about it. You have to declare them when you come to sell - odd comments you can forget but solicitors letters are a different issue and may well put off any potential buyers.

I'd just apologise for the grass and ask someone to move if I needed to get out.

BTW - If some ****** kept driving over my grass, i'd either extend the drive way, put up a fence, or put some big spikes sticking out of the lawn
Old 16 April 2003, 12:09 PM
S55 HOT
Scooby Regular

Talking

If you could drive round the offending car by going properly over his lawn that would be very sweet indeed !

Al
Old 16 April 2003, 12:15 PM
Claudius
Scooby Regular

Dont be so stuck up, guys. Be friends with your neighbours, invite them for a drink or take them to the pub, and if someone blocks your car and you want to leave, go ring the doorbell and they'll move it. Nothing to get so wound up over.
Old 16 April 2003, 01:02 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
I've just moved into a house with a shared drive and it caused a few niggles for a couple of days as the neighbours we share with moved in at the same time. I was plesent when I saw them, said hello, introduced myself etc. Made a bit of a joke about the lack of space etc, nothing sarcastic. Anyway, neighbours obviously don't like me as they were really 'off' with me (ok with my fella though, strange as usually it's the other way round!!) anyway tbh I don't give a sh*te! Neither of us park on the drive now as it's just a pain in the a*se getting on and off. Looks like our problem solved!! I'll never buy a house with a shared drive again though!!!!
Old 16 April 2003, 01:22 PM
Gridlock Mikey
Scooby Regular

Wink

You buying ya next one with me then Red?

Mikey
Old 16 April 2003, 01:50 PM
daiscooby
BANNED

Get a 66% aqueous amonia solution, spray it on his grass, watch it die, watch nothing grow for a considerable time.
Then you can only mark his mud with your Toyo's
Old 16 April 2003, 01:54 PM
stephen emery
Scooby Regular

buy him a easter egg and don't take it to far as lawyers are the only winners in the end

steve
married to a lawyer
Old 16 April 2003, 08:28 PM
Rusty Festa
Scooby Regular

Wink

LOL @ Steve - thought being married to a lawyer, you would be drumming up trade
Old 17 April 2003, 12:15 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Well there is one suggestion I have. I'm looking for a new venue to hold the next astrdance. last time 80 ravers attended and we went till 8am the next morning. How about the next time he parks there we park 50 cars and a sound rig the day after?
Just a suggestion
astraboy.
Old 17 April 2003, 12:29 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts
I'm current at war with my neighbour. 1st it was a party, then a missing tree from his Garden (oops ). Then it was traffic cones on his roof. OK that was me

But, his infernal whistling at 6:00am on a sunday. Taking 2hours to mow a lawn when it should take 20mins - again at 6am. His operatic attempts at singing whilst doing it.

And the final straw....jetwashing his drive and spraying the whole side my car with mud. ooooohhhhhh (head blows up and explodes).

Just when I cleaned and polished it.

Lucky it was'nt my scoob, otherwise I'd have placed and order for 5tons of manure and dumped it on his car

Thanks to anger managment, the threat of being kicked out by 'er indoors. I am yet to take action.

But I'm devising a devious plan for revenge

*Evil Laugh*
Old 17 April 2003, 12:37 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Plant some catnip (nepeta)in his garden then Ali, two birds with one stone

Quick Reply: Neighbour pissing me off