Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cash Converters franchise anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 16 April 2003, 12:12 PM
the_outsider
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone any experiance of this company, I've been looking for something that is a nice little earner.
I see plenty of people wanting to sell to them but do the public purchase from them?

Anything else worth a look? I'm Looking for something where I get the ball rolling and then just leave to do its own thing.
With me just counting the money at the end of each Month.
Old 16 April 2003, 12:26 PM
Popeye P1
Scooby Regular

Go to eastern Germany and bring back two luscious women. Rent a decent Flat and advertise in upmarket papers. Watch the money come rolling in.

Pops- the pimp
Old 16 April 2003, 12:30 PM
basal_lobe
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

cash converters- a total and utter joke, just a way for the local crims to get quick cash for all "their" stuff. That and people like me who sell stuff to them that is malfunctioning in some way-like my overclocked semi working old PC for example.
Old 16 April 2003, 12:35 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Angry

Yes I have had dealings with the B@STARDS [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] A few years ago I had my car broken in to and my sub box, amp and cd changer were stolen [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] I phoned the police and they asked for serial numbers, I couldn't find my receipt but new the guy at the shop kept records of everything sold He called me back later in the day and told me that someone had called him to ask him how much my amp was worth The amp I had was very rare so he knew instantly it was mine The caller told him they were calling from henley but he had a phone with caller ID and he saw that the number was infact a high wycombe number so he noted it and gave it me and I passed it on to the police. The police called it and it was CASH CONVERTERS in high wycombe [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] they then denied all knowledge and when the police went down to the shop suprise suprise my stereo gear was gone Not good but I have heard of lots people experiencing the same [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Paul
Old 16 April 2003, 12:37 PM
the_outsider
Scooby Regular

Wink

Hmm pimptastic
Old 16 April 2003, 12:39 PM
the_outsider
Scooby Regular

Pretty strong stuff Paul saying that cash converters stole your cars hifi. I hope my questions dont get locked
Old 16 April 2003, 12:49 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Pretty strong stuff Paul saying that cash converters stole your cars hifi. I hope my questions dont get locked
Where did I say they stole it? they had it in their possesion and lied on the phone to the owner of the stereo shop. This was taken in a statement and investigated by the police.

Paul
Old 16 April 2003, 12:55 PM
the_outsider
Scooby Regular

Now I understand. It looked like you was saying someone at cash converters had nicked it or knew it was stolen.
Old 16 April 2003, 01:04 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

I believe they new they were stolen because they didn't give the guy the correct info on the phone and when confronted by the police they denied all knowledge of the amp But that was never proven If they were genuine they wouldn't have lied about where they were and they would have told the police who offered it to them or where it was if they had already purchased it from the person who stole it

Paul
Old 16 April 2003, 01:52 PM
mate todos os banqueiros
Scooby Regular

You mean crack converters scumbags bring in stolen goods and leave buying crack from the dealer on the door step.