Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why are bank staff......

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2003, 07:48 PM
Scooby_Loo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

So patronising? (yep you guessed it, bad day at work)

I work very closely with most of the major banks, and every member of staff i have spoken to have been so far up their own **** it's untrue. Most of them are really thick too.

I had a business banking manager on the phone today, enquiring about grants and different types of aid blah blah blah. She was getting quite irrate because she wanted to know if her customer recieved a grant from the sports council (never heard of 'em by the way), would it affect the amount of aid they can recieve from us. Without getting into it too much as it is a bit confusing, I told her it was dependant on what type of aid the grant was and that she had to contact the people that were issuing it to find out.

Well she had a right go at me, she got really sarky and started going on about worst case scenarios. she spoke to me like I was a child...

all-i-want-to-know-is-how-much-would-i-have-to-red-uce-the-grant-by-so-we-can-max-im-ise-the-amount-we-can-bor-row-from-you
i replied 'how-am-i-sup-posed-to-know-if-you-hav-n't-told-me-how-much-they-want'

Anyway, she went on and on about how we were 'banging our heads off a brick wall' and all that b0ll0x, and everytime I went to answer a question she cut me off mid-sentance [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img].

Even in my personal experiences with my bank I always find they are really up themselves and think that they know everything when it is the complete opposite. I always thought working in a bank was a respectful job, but how can you respect someone who looks down their nose down at you?

This woman had me on the verge of crying, and tbh, if i saw her in person I would stick my finger in her eye.

Have any of you encoutered snooty bank staff? Please tell please tell

Rant over, sorry guys needed to get that off my chest. I think CEL is sick and tired from hearing about it

Loo
Old 24 April 2003, 09:22 PM
dazc2
Scooby Regular

Well why didnt you reply after her with the opening words "Listen, you fooking sl4g...........!"

That usually shuts em up!
Old 24 April 2003, 09:29 PM
Scooby_Loo
Scooby Regular

lol, I wish I could have done. I dont think Big Tony condones that.......
Old 24 April 2003, 09:52 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Speak to the manager if you're not happy with the 'cashier' or whatever s/he is. They'll ususally get p1ssed off having to deal with a menial issue that they'll have words with the 'cashier' afterwards. Make sure you tell them why you're not happy with the level of service.

And/Or take your custom elsewhere.
Old 24 April 2003, 10:09 PM
Crapaud62
Scooby Regular

Always ask them calmly for their full name and department. Then ask for the name of the overall Head of Department. If they give you the usual "I am the Head" rubbish then simply ask who exactly do they report do and ask to be transfered to that person. If they refuse, tell them that you will only speak to their superior and they can phone you back. That will really p!ss them off.