Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone had experience of Drive 4 Money .com?

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2003, 10:00 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take a look at this.http://www.drive4money.co.uk/

Part of the Manual that's 'for sale'

1. WHAT IS A SAME-DAY COURIER?
You've probably seen the very visible couriers around our towns and cities, sometimes on motorbikes but mostly in vans. These are “employed” couriers who do not earn a great deal of money unless they work VERY long hours. The type of work we will be talking about gives you the control and gives you the profit, you could be earning over £1250 within weeks.
Many people confuse same day couriers with overnight couriers such as DHL and UPS. These are in fact completely different industries using completely different methods to deliver parcels around the country.
An overnight company uses large fleets of vehicles delivering up to 70 packages each, per day, combined with large warehouse facilities and large amounts of staff.
A same day courier is someone who will deliver a package immediately anywhere in the U.K. whatever the time of day or night.
Most same day couriers work normal business hours and average no more than 250 miles a day. This may sound a lot, but when you're getting paid by the mile, it's surprisingly easy.
These couriers usually drive small-unmarked privately owned cars or vans and are mostly self-employed.
A typical day would be a courier picking up a package in Manchester at 10am and driving to Northampton, delivering the package 2-3 hours later, then immediately returning home, to possibly take on another job, doesn’t sound too difficult does it.
However this is the description of the “average” courier.
With the information that we will provide you, you will be able to multiply your business and your profits without significantly increasing your mileage or your costs.
There are currently thousands of couriers on the road today and the market is still growing despite rumors that ISDN and the Internet would kill off most of its business, in fact, the opposite is true.
My own personal experience is that there has been an increase in computer support, i.e. the back up services for computer hardware and software, most companies don’t trust their own electronic information systems so they send back up tapes by road, with reliable people like me.
The computers themselves break down and the parts are usually held in warehouses around the country, these are then distributed as and when required.
Other items would include small aircraft parts, tender documents, diplomatic papers, in fact anything that is too valuable and too urgent to rely on other transport options. Now this is not new, but it is the way that we do it, that is.

YOU CAN ORDER THE HARD COPY VERSION FOR ONLY £39.95 INC P+P

Old 25 April 2003, 10:35 AM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

Talking

Sounds too good to be true, got to be a downside. Perhaps you could try it and then let us know if you really did make the profits he is talking about
Old 25 April 2003, 11:32 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Cool

In the first instance, I'm tempted to edit out the advertising aspect of this thread BUT...

I have been in the SameDay Courier industry for over 15 years. I have been highly sucessful both as a driver/rider and in the office side.

This book is a marketing ploy & if there was any truth in it, then I would either have been writing it myself or out there earning it.

The fact is that unless you are extremely lucky, extremely hard-working (6+ days per week @ 12+ hr shifts) then you are very unlikely to be able to do this on a regular basis in a small van or car. Less so in a transit. £1K per week is possible but you're looking at a minimum 33% on fuel + other running costs, insurance, GIT, depreciation etc.

Average (out of town) charge per mile to a customer is 90p - £1 for a bike/small van. £1.50 for a transit. Rates to drivers (because you'll be doing someone else's work as you won't secure & keep a National Contract on your own) are 50-55p per mile svan & 70p per mile for a transit. Therefore 2000 miles per week for a s/van & 1500 for a tranny. That's EARNING miles...

OK, not talked about double-ups (2 packages, 2 clients & in same direction or destination). These happen & you can be sometimes more than double & obviously less mileage/cost than a single trip. However, these are less likely to happen & there is a time issue as it takes longer to drop 2 than 1 package.

Return loads or pass ons (a-b-c-d-e-a type journey ensuring no dead mileage). Again, as a single operative sub-contracting for an agent(s) again, not too likely. If you're based in Birmingham & get a job to Bristol, then the chances are you'll come back empty. If you subscribe to a back-load operation (courier exchange or any of the others) then there is a "chance" that you'll be able to blag a job that goes somewhere, but its not guaranteed.

The problem is the scale of economies, there need to be 10s of 1000s of jobs available throughout the country to get the "no dead mileage" nirvana & for that, the operators need major national contracts and 1000s of drivers. The biggest players in the market currently are not able to offer complete national coverage & their drivers do not earn £300+ per day - no way!

Saying that, I've been involved in setting up a national courier operation that "could" revolutionise the way couriers are managed/operated and increase their operating profit due to less dead mileage, but its through very clever use of technology. We're just proving concept at the moment & its going well, but I sincerely doubt that the owner operators are going to be seeing £300+ per day on a regular basis.

Current average earnings for an out of London small van driver are probably £450 - £550 per week gross before costs. A London driver is going to be roughly the same but a London biker has a higher potential of £600 average.

Just thought I'd let you know By all means buy the book, but sales of that is probably the only reason he has a TVR!

Old 25 April 2003, 11:35 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

In the first instance, I'm tempted to edit out the advertising aspect of this thread BUT...
No advertising at all mate, I fully expect members to rip into this scam. After all that what it is, it's just unfortunate that people fall for this kind of rubbish.
Old 25 April 2003, 11:45 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
It was RTM'd as advertising & as such it is, but the subject matter is so risable & easy to disprove, I thought I'd do that instead
Old 25 April 2003, 11:51 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

It was RTM'd as advertising
Was it really?

Sorry to anyone who thought that was my intention it honestly wasn't. My girlfriend saw it in her mums local paper, told me about it, I chuckled and thought I'd post it on here to be slated.
Should have fleshed it out a little and made my feelings clearer!