Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Looking for a good Watersporty Holiday...any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2003, 11:28 AM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Has anyone had a really good holiday, that involved lots of windsurfing, going out on boats, jet ski, etc etc, basically a really good holiday that has a little more than just a lie on the beach (thou a good beach is important )

Im looking for one for me and about 4 mates, and we wnat to spend about 250 - 300 pound a person for flights/accomodation.

Main thing is we want some variety, and the oppurtunity to try loads of different watersports, mountainbiking, etc, rather than only tan or whatever.

Anyone recommend something suitable? want to go for about 7 days, and althou Ive checked out holiday websites etc, you never know how good they really are.

Thanks
Old 25 April 2003, 11:59 AM
ragnarock2
Scooby Regular

Oh sorry - wrong type of watersports
Old 25 April 2003, 12:18 PM
crowtherg
Scooby Regular

Try Mark Warner, these are very water sports based but V good.

Also try Neilson, they are worth a look.

Possibly too water sport based but never the less the equipment on offer for use is first class and accomodation is excellent.

Geoff
Old 25 April 2003, 12:39 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Bob

Do a search on Vassiliki. Its a Greek island and offers some of the best windsurfing in the Med, plus great snorkelling/scuba and waterskiing. The social life is very good with great bars and its all very laid back.

The wind is a natural phenomena and doesn't kick in until about 2pm each day, after which it builds to BF5-7 in the summer. Because the wind blows straight across the beach, it gives flat water for serious speed sailing at the upwind side and some good chop for airtime further down wind. The 2pm start allows the mornings for novice windsurfing, waterskiing etc, or just simply getting through the hangover

I didn't go m/biking there, but I'm sure you can find some good trails.
Old 25 April 2003, 12:41 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

I'm going to Sardinia with Mark Warner in July for a windsurfing hol. Went with them to Kos last year - very good indeed, especially if you need their child care which is excellent. Quite expensive though - £1500 for two weeks I think it was last year. They have all the kit you need and the instructors are pretty good

If there weren't any wee nippers to think of, we'd be going to Club Vass which is dedicated to windsurfing
Old 25 April 2003, 02:59 PM
Pete Croney
Scooby Regular

Jlanng

I really must get me back out there. Was there is 87 when Club Vass was just a shack on the beach. Twice I woke up in the morning in the Tunnel Bar, even though I was staying at the hotel, 20 feet away, directly opposite

I was back in 88 for the first Vass Class (The Vassiliki Classic). The cream of the UK's windsurfers at an invitation only week long event (not sure how I got invited ). No press, no prizes and probably the wildest week of my life

Went snorkelling with Roger and Tony on a no wind day that year. The octopus that Tony had dragged me over to see turned out to be an unhappy 6 foot Moray Eel. I have never swum back to or got into an inflatable boat so quickly.

An incredible place, thoroughly recommended.
Old 25 April 2003, 06:58 PM
GM
Scooby Regular

Vassiliki is the business - went catamaran sailing there with Wildwind last September. Absolutely amazing, almost certainly going back this year.

Edited to say that the Tunnel bar was pretty quiet last year - Zeus Bar is the place (mines a vodka and lemon Fanta thanks)

[Edited by GM - 4/25/2003 7:01:59 PM]
Old 25 April 2003, 08:40 PM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Jlanng I am working in sardinia for mark warner this summer! after just doing St Anton for the winter. Best equipment of the summer resorts and RYA centre so it should be wicked! Alot of my mates were at Lakatira in Kos last summer as well working!!

MW is quite expensive but food and watersports are included if you choose them though go to Palm Beach in Turkey or Capo Testa in Sardinia(edited to say no water skiing) as they are adults only most of the time, and never any really young kids!

Also have a look as sunsail and Nielsons

Have fun

Andy

[Edited by 106rallye - 4/25/2003 8:45:20 PM]