Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Movie memorabilia

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2003, 03:54 PM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone got anything of interest from films?
I will start off with an image of a sew on badge I have from
Revenge of the Jedi

Old 25 April 2003, 04:41 PM
ian/555
Scooby Regular

I think I should point out that this is genuine and not something that I have created in photo paint.

A little known boring fact but during the production stage it is not uncommon for alot of films to have working titles and for these to be changed at the time of release, which can be several years later in some cases.
But in this case I think it was always intended to be called "Revenge" but due to pressure from the Starwars fan club they was forced to change it to Return of the Jedi, due to them being angry and saying they would boycot the film, insisting that a Jedi would never seek revenge.
Could of been just a good publicity stunt which saw several different types of supposed dummy memorabilia made including sweatshirts, cinema posters, T-shirts and sew on badges etc.

But, it does seem that they went to quite a bit of trouble to do this. In reality I think that it was a genuine mistake on the part of the marketing bods who where not into the spirit of the whole Starwars thing and had to find a way out to explain away the cost of their mistake. I even IIRC have a Revenge of the Jedi cast list somewhere which was handed out at the staff premier that I went to all those years ago, at the end of which George Lucas gave a speach thanking the crew for the work that they did on the film and saying the quality of production had surpassed his wildest expectations.
No one else into Films then or have any memorabilia?
ian
Old 25 April 2003, 08:30 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Talking

Cool.

Steve
Old 25 April 2003, 09:02 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Why is it when someone mentions Movie Memoribillia I get a nervous twitch and my wallet runs out the door for it's life.

Ian, did you to the NEC earlier this year? Here is a couple of links...... http://www.showmastersonline.com/ http://www.memorabilia.co.uk/