Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Traffic Wardens - total bar stewards the lot of em

Search this Thread

Old 07 May 2003, 12:26 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This does come up from time to time.

At the end of the day, they do only have a job to do, and i think we'd all hate city driving even more if they didn't exist.

In your circmstance, i'd march back into the dentist asking why the hell you were allowed to leave in such a state?? Surely something was wrong there, no??
Old 07 May 2003, 12:31 PM
Stevie
Scooby Regular

May be doing their job yes, but they are also allowed to think and use a little common sense/discretion from time to time. As in this case maybe.

Old 07 May 2003, 12:38 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

just keep the swabs on it, it will clot eventually.

I can personally recommend you don't try the following:

1) rinsing with scotch for "medicinal" value
2) going clay pigeon shooting the day after
Old 07 May 2003, 12:50 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
B2O, am sure you can appeal it, with a dentist's report to back you up. Can you also get the pharmacist who served you as a witness to show you were bleeding?

Not sure if you can also get the press involved, but only if you are sure you are in the right. Tearing off is understandable but might have tainted your case a little...

To help the blood clot, I remember the trick about putting pepper on a shaving cut - it's basically an organic absorbent powder. Not sure if a mouth full of pepper is a good idea, but, umm, flour?

Good luck mate

Brendan
Old 07 May 2003, 01:09 PM
Lord Of The Bling...
Scooby Regular

brave, first of all, i wish you a total speedy recovery, i hate the dentist, and you seem to have suffered more than most! i doubt i would of been able to drive home!o would serously do what brendan suggests, going through all the proper channels, with letters from the chemist and your evil dentist!

and as for anyone who sticks up for traffic wardens ??!! pathetic.

good luck, hope your healing nicely! aaron.
Old 07 May 2003, 01:10 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

******* hell Bob! You got some weird *** teeth here mate!

TB - you a closet traffic warden fan? OK they ARE doing thier job, but do they really have to be so stuck up and pompus about it. Most, not all, are power hungry people who were probably bullied at school and are now taking it out on everyone because they have 'power'

Reminds me of a scene from Lock, Stock, and Two smoking Barrels
Knock him out, don't touch him up!
I ******* hate traffic wardens

Old 07 May 2003, 01:16 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

and as for anyone who sticks up for traffic wardens ??!! pathetic.
Well, we now have Scoobynet's most immature comment of the day i see. Would you care to justify that opinion, or are you just annoyed that you cannot park wherever, and whenever it pleases you, without consideration for other road users?

Old 07 May 2003, 01:16 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

It'll just be swelling mate, you'll be fine. Go grab some absinthe and neck the lot! that should help
Old 07 May 2003, 01:33 PM
Lord Of The Bling...
Scooby Regular

telboy how long have you been a traffic warden for?

if you think brave2zero deserved a parking ticket, why dont you pay it off for her?

Old 07 May 2003, 01:37 PM
Lord Of The Bling...
Scooby Regular

opps! sorry man!!
Old 07 May 2003, 01:37 PM
Dizzy
Scooby Regular

Talking

Just spit a gobfull of blood on her shoes
Old 07 May 2003, 01:39 PM
mwp
Scooby Regular

Wink

appeal the speed ticket on the grounds you were in so much pain from toothache that you were either temporarily spasmodic on the accelorator or racing to the chemist for pain killers

traffic wardens are just doing a job, sometimes a too well - if they had a brain they'd probably do a different job, and the ones that did have a brain have had it numbed by the triviality of the job.

Main problem is too many yellow lines.
Old 07 May 2003, 01:49 PM
zero_to60
Scooby Regular

got done on a single yellow...no parking spaces anywhere and every street had yellow lines

I just said to the pompous ****** that I viewed a ticket as a cost of coming into town and I'd rather pay a fine than park at the top floor of the multi-storey (obviously I was pissed off but I wasn't gonna show him)

He was a bit miffed....I think they expect to get grief or people grovelling.........**** em is how I view it....

Funny thing was that some lads in a Nova who I'd normally view with suspicion stopped and called the Warden a fecking ******....now that was funny I can tell you

As I got into the car I said "do you want a kleenex?" stupid ****!!
Old 07 May 2003, 01:50 PM
CEL
Scooby Regular

Sounds like she hadnt caught enough people that day and needed to make the numbers up [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Telboy, a lot of the time traffic wardens issuing tickets has nothing to do with not having consideration for other road users. They issue them for fun, and you know it.

Bravo, give them hell. Stuck up ponces [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07 May 2003, 01:54 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

tbh you weren't causing a hold up, you weren't parked in a disabled space and you weren't on double yellows (which incidently are only used for safety reasons in my borough ) so def. appeal. The wording of the Traffic Reg. Orders are critical, "loading" can mean pretty much anything, I'd say it was obvious you were in pain, and they are ment to use their own descresion so it's worth a try

Over here 60% of appeals are sucessful IIRC, only trouble is not many people appeal because of the time factor, i.e. its costs £20 if you pay it immediatly or £40 after 14 days

Traffic wardens do an important job - keeping the roads safe for regular users, but in this instance you weren't causing a problem (stopped for 2 minutes) and this one sounds like a muppet.
Old 07 May 2003, 01:56 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Btw - Pauls right - if they're not given to "the person to appears to be the driver" or put on the windscreen you can leg it
Old 07 May 2003, 02:01 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

I don't wish to sound like a some sort of ponce here, cos i hate parking tickets as much as anyone else, but there's no way thay *can* issue them "for fun".

If a car isn't parked illegally, they can't ticket it.

How can they realistically be expected to show "compassion"? If they started taking mitigating circumstances into consideration, they would open themselves up to all sorts of (further) abuse. As it is, they ticket what they see, and let the appeals guys sort out the genuine emergencies, such as this one, which i hope they relent on Bravo.

My opinions on this stem from my experiences of the road that i live on, where at one end there is a convenience store, and opposite an off licence. The amount of arrogant, couldn't-give-a-toss parking you see there is truly repugnant. If i was waiting for an emergency service, and they couldn't get through, as is often the case for cars, let alone fire engines etc, who could i blame - all the people who think traffic wardens should be more considerate?? No, of course not.

This counry needs a re-think of its attitudes to live and let die parking that we currently have to endure, imho.
Old 07 May 2003, 02:08 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Cool

Telboy - You used to get some tolerance and a bit of give and take with traffic wardens, now they are paid on results to boost the local governments or treasuries coffers, it is not in theirs or their employes best interests to show compassion or tolerance it is down to cold hard cash and how to extract it from motorists who have no choice but to pay.

With the increase in traffic wardens and yellow lines pay and display parking there are far less places to park than there used to be - dress it up as much as you want saying that it is to improve traffic flow or saftey reasons or wahtever the council wins!

As for the wardens themselves - It is a **** job with few rewards and i would rather shovel **** or than do it myself.

Quick Reply: Traffic Wardens - total bar stewards the lot of em