Old 17 June 2003, 01:04 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

WTF is this all about?

Why do people get *so* legless that they;

1). Can't see straight, and barge past people on the platform and train

2). Think it's ok to take up the seat opposite as a footrest, and the seat next to them as an arm rest

3). Have no control over their bodily functions/fluids/stomach contents

4). Think it's ok to become aggressive and insulting.

Do people not realise how grim this is? Why do the train companies tolerate it? Am i missing something? A nice summer beer is one thing, total inablility to conduct yourself in a *human* manner afterwards is quite another, imho..
Old 17 June 2003, 01:09 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

two jobbos were on the fenchurch to shoebury line yesterday, pi55ed up large and f-ing and c-ing all over the show.

i was so embarrased for the poor young bint sitting next to them.

yes they were amusing to me, but not anyone else. (time/place etc)

these are the sort of scum that would duff you up if you even glanced at them.

I wish Charles Bronson lived in Essex, he would sort them out.

BB

Old 17 June 2003, 01:13 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Cool

For me the perfect level of drunkness is when you are that little bit dizzy, everyone is your best buddy, you could murder a kabab and you've got the guts to approach women you don't know

Anymore and you can spoil a night IMHO. I had a night recently where the only reason I got home is because my flatmate drove into town and found me. I was still wrecked at 5pm the next evening!!! - that was too much!!
Old 17 June 2003, 01:15 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Tel - I don't have any problem with people getting legless, where they go wrong is attempting to get the train home afterwards. AFAICR a ditch or patch of shrubbery made a fine place to rest until some sense of sobriety returned.
Old 17 June 2003, 01:16 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
For me the perfect level of drunkness is when you are that little bit dizzy, everyone is your best buddy, you could murder a kabab and you've got the guts to approach women you don't know
Agree completely, but if last orders hasn't been yet, then more shall be drunk.
I suppose the key is to partner SB's suggestion with closing time for the perfect night .....and hopefully you can still get it up if you do pull
Old 17 June 2003, 01:51 PM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I got attacked while on a train with 5 drunken yobbos from East Grinstead to Clapham Junction. No guards anywhere,i was eventually rescued by another (male) passenger. I hate to think what would have happened otherwise. Theres getting sideways and getting OTT.Amazing what men will do with their mates to back them up.
Old 17 June 2003, 01:55 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Wink

Do people not realise how grim this is?
Of course not ...they are all too pissed
Old 17 June 2003, 01:59 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Amazing what men will do with their mates to back them up
This is true! The solution is to get the ring leader and continually pound his face - just watch how that affects the group moral.

P.S. You'll still take a fair old beating from the other 4 laying into you so running is the best option....unless you are on a train!
Old 17 June 2003, 03:00 PM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

ahh the old Vomit Comet, have some fond memories over the years and some not so fond.

Most recent Vomit Comet trip was last friday, The evenin started at 2pm and continued till about 12.30am, a joint Birthday and Engagment party, loads of people. I wasnt as Boozed as i have been sometimes, but still managed to miss the last train that stopped at Romford. So with my Beer scooter under my arm, i jump on a train thats 1st stop Shenfield,(thinking i will get off here and get a cab) nooooooooooo A damsel in distress, after rowing with her mate, comes cryin and sitting opposite me. (i can assure this doesnt normally happen) Anyhow, we get chatting and i stay onto chelmsford with her, thinking eh eh ! might of pulled here.!!
Alas no, 1hr wait in a taxi Q,£40 later, i get home about 3am.!! ho hum, the vomit comet.

Edited to say that i wasnt being like any of the points in the original post.

[Edited by lpski1 - 6/17/2003 3:03:44 PM]
Old 17 June 2003, 03:04 PM
CarpetCleaner
Scooby Regular

was down in London a couple of weeks ago. I was a bit lagered up myself but not legless. There was this guy hassling this girl because she said it was no smoking so I just poured coke over his *** end' feckin ****
Old 17 June 2003, 03:06 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

The late night 'Steamer' up here, I usually try to get an earleir train if poss.
Old 17 June 2003, 03:11 PM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

Also been on the Central line late at night, packed carriage, two pikey T-Super swilling tw@ts, one lit a ciggie, everyone was tutting and moaning under there breath but wouldnt do anything.

Me feeling more braver for the booze, advised to put it out or i would.......guy behind me taps me on the shoulder, says i'll back you up if they start.(felt a bit more braver)

Pikey only puts it out on his tongue :O and back in his pocket, murmuring under his breath.!!

Everyone on the carriage more happy the pikeys get off next stop, i take the bottle i was carrying out of my pocket and take a big swig, phew, that was close. I smoke, but have the respect not to, even when dying for one, to light up on a train.

Old 17 June 2003, 03:59 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Wink

Scot's bloke has been playing up for the last 10 mins, looks up at me and says "you wanna fight me ... ?", I say "er no mate ... " he says "ay that's a good thing cos yeed prolly kick me *** ya wee tw@t... "
Good old Scots abroad eh..making friends everywhere they go ?
Old 17 June 2003, 04:17 PM
Andrewza
Scooby Regular

Worst I've seen is six policemen carrying (not one bit of him touched the ground!) one such drunken idiot off a train, missed what he did as he was in another carriage, but enough to get the train to stop at a closed station with 10+ police to get them off.
Old 17 June 2003, 04:37 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Andrewza - reminds me of a time I was on the tube and this south african guy starts giving it the biggun. train pulls into a station guy gets off the train and starts giving me verbal as the doors close (so brave ). unfortunately the signal went red so the the driver opened the doors again, i jumped off the train and lamped the bloke one. even more unfortunately I was not allowed to depart on said train as some LU guy had decided to call the old bill. was quite funny when they turned up. basically they soon realised that the guy was p1ssed out of his mind *and* a ****, so even though I was technically in the wrong they give me the wink and said "disappear" which I managed to do on the last train to walthamstow.