Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Advice - Has a safety camera van got me???

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2003, 06:48 PM
Yorkie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

On Sunday I was travelling along the A623 near Foolow (single carriageway 60 limit) in Derbyshire, there is a long straight gradual descent then a slight right hand bend. I overtook a car travelling at 40 once the coast was clear and having passed the sideroads, in other words I had a long mile straight ahead of me clear of any hazards, so I dropped into third and floored it. I changed up at around 5k then accelerated again as I saw the coast was still clear as I approached another slower moving car, so I thought I'll zip past him as well. Then to my horror as I was about to overtake him I see a safety camera van parked in the layby just before the bend about 300-400 yards away so I braked and tucked in behind this car which was doing 45. I followed this car past the camera van where I saw the camera peeping through the open van window [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] Do you think he will have tagged onto me? Could the other cars have blocked the laser? What worries me is that I must have been doing more than 86mph at one point 86 is the ACPO guidelines for a summons Does the fact that I only broke the speed limit for a short section of road to overtake allow police to turn a blind eye?

Sorry about long length of thread, typing is stopping me biting my fingernails to the bone with worry

[Edited by Yorkie - 6/24/2003 6:49:22 PM]

[Edited by Yorkie - 6/24/2003 6:50:42 PM]
Old 24 June 2003, 09:01 PM
WRX Baker
Scooby Regular

Yorkie if the van had the camera pointing through a window it's usally for road tax, don't want to get your hopes up though.
Old 24 June 2003, 09:51 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

And stop calling them "safety camera vans"[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] They're either Fukcin SPEED camera vans, or mobile tax gatherers!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img][img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Alcazar

[Edited by alcazar - 6/24/2003 9:51:24 PM]
Old 25 June 2003, 07:25 PM
bluto22b
Scooby Regular

Angry

Alcazar, I agree. I am sick to the bone with the attitude of this countries officials. What a bloody nanny state we are turning into. I bet if we had just discovered electricity these morons would not allow it in the home on safety grounds [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] You are just as likely to choke to death on a fish bone as you are to die in a car crash [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] GET OFF OUR BACKS BLUNKETT and your home office cronies. Anyway, off subject, hope you are ok with this mate.....Blutes
Old 25 June 2003, 07:58 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

The same wánky vans with the illegal dark rear windows or is that 1 rule for 1..................
Old 25 June 2003, 08:12 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

Some insurance company or other has released figure s today showing that T junctions account for the largest proportion of fatal accidents in this country by a long way.

But do we hear of banning T-junctions? Collecting fines for stupid driving at them ?? NO!
Fekkin Nanny State Lying Labour Gits!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Alcazar
Old 25 June 2003, 08:20 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Blutes - it's nothing to do with nanny state, it's cash, pure and simple.

If it was all down to safety, they'd ban cigarettes, as smoking kills many times more people than road accidents. However, smoking generates billions in tax revenue, so we can't ban that, can we?