Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Pulled by the Law

Search this Thread

Old 13 August 2003, 12:38 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got pulled over this am, first time in the 14 months I've had the car. I saw the marked up car loitering about behind me and after following me for a while he flashed me.

The older of the two cops was nice enough, asked me what the speed limit was in an empty street I'd driven down earlier, and what speed I'd been doing (err... can't rememeber officer) and then said that he'd also observed me doing a U turn to avoid a traffic jam (is that illegal?)

anyway he eventually told me that the car would naturally draw attention to me cos, in his words, they get nicked all the time and are usually driven by plonkers.

he also told me that I shouldn't be driving in my work boots (steel toecaps) and that i should put some trainers on. May be fair enough advice but I wasn't aware of any law against driving with boots on.

All in all I am quite happy to be pulled over every now and again if it means they actually catch some crms occasionally. They were reasonably polite and sent me off with a warning to slow down.