Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Rubbish on UK streets.

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2003, 05:50 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It really annoys me the amount of rubbish you see on the streets of Britain these days.The M'ways are strewn with litter especially at Juncs,as for citys then it just amazes me how much crap must be thrown from car windows after ppl have been to their local McD's,KFC etc.

Whatever happened to ppl being told to put their rubbish in litter bins.Seems like nobody gives a damn anymore in the UK. Attitude of the youngsters is "dont worry,the council have got road sweepers to do that".

Complete lack of respect and pride if you ask me.

Chip.

Old 24 August 2003, 05:54 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

i *HATE* people that drop litter. fecking annoys me. just put it in a bin FFS - it does come down to a lack of respect, i doubt these people live in nice well kept houses.
Old 24 August 2003, 06:16 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

I'll remember this thread later and if the gates are not locked I'll take a picture of the local car park after the weekly cruise has taken place.
Bunch of scroates with little or no respect I say !
and they wonder why they get kicked out...

Andy
Old 24 August 2003, 08:08 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

spooky..was driving behind some tool today who, aside from driving like a tit, lob his entie mc'd's bag out the window. pity he didnt crah and litter the streets with his dumb head instead.

T
Old 24 August 2003, 08:56 PM
Shark
Scooby Regular

Angry

Gets my goat all the time [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

David
Old 24 August 2003, 09:15 PM
Kevin Mc
Scooby Regular

Many a time I have seen people, usually teenagers, lobbing stuff onto the floor without a thought. It seems it is uncool to put stuff in bins. The dozy ******* don't think for a moment that they'll be paying more tax to employ council staff to clear up. If they get a job that is [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Smokers are just as bad - I often wonder why cars have ash trays but that is probably another thread!
Old 24 August 2003, 09:19 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I live next door to the village playing field, if I was that way inclined, I could fill a black bag every day, it seems it's 'cool' to throw your rubbish on the ground, even when you can reach a bin from where you're sat, we've asked the kids to use the bin, but they must live in crap, cos they just don't seem to see it!
Annoys the hell out of me!

edited cos i carn't spell!

[Edited by RON - 8/24/2003 9:20:37 PM]
Old 24 August 2003, 10:56 PM
Luke
BANNED

Scum society.
Old 24 August 2003, 11:11 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Thumbs down

I was driving along the other day and I spotted a saphire Cosworth pull out of a road from Mc Donalds, it was going the other way from me, as he pulled out of the junction he threw a big bag of Mc Donalds rubbish and drinks cups etc out of the window, blatently in the middle of the day, in the middle of the road, lots of cars about.

It really pi55ed me off, so I thought I'd have a go at the ****. I turned round at the roundabout and caught up with him at the roundabout he was coming to a stop at. As I pulled up I got the window down ready, I shouted to get his attention, straight away he just said "not today man I've got the kids with me" and drove off. The pr*ck thought I wanted a race.

As he pointed out to me, he had 2 small kids with him also, what an example of a father.
Old 24 August 2003, 11:55 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

And there my friend lies the problem, no-one gives a **** any more!
Old 24 August 2003, 11:59 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

mmmmmmmmmm yes its a right pisser. im one of the younger generation, but my pockets are stuffed with wrappers and stuff cos i dont like dropping litter all over. and all the pissin bins in doncaster were taken away due to the feckin IRA.

went through switzerland in february and not a bin in sight,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but neither was any litter!
Old 25 August 2003, 12:18 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

What about at railway stations? Bloody disgrace some of them.

Can't they find somebody to pick that lot up? It wouldn't take long and wouldn't cost much would it??
Old 25 August 2003, 12:22 AM
RON
Scooby Regular

And there-in lies the other problem, no-one with any power in business will pay people to pick up others rubbish, you see the kids at Mcdonalds clearing the car park up, but not the streets outside, where most of their crap gets dropped!
Old 25 August 2003, 12:30 AM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Our local cruise the McD's staff all walk around picking the rubbish up afterwards

Got to agree with everyone else though, society today just breeds yobs who simnply dont care. [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 25 August 2003, 12:44 AM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

went into town armed with camera phone....

everyone had gone to Weston wheels instead

At least the carpark stayed tidy

Andy
Old 25 August 2003, 12:47 AM
RON
Scooby Regular

yeh, but just think what weston-super-mare looks like!!!!
Old 25 August 2003, 01:05 AM
Beer Good
Scooby Regular

Trash wed trash, breed trash, who dump trash. Trash get council house, trash it. Trash nick your car. Police won't help, but erect speed camera in trash area. Cash pays for Trash housing benefit.

If you comment about it are you Trashist?

Need some help with the chip on my shoulder!
Old 25 August 2003, 02:06 AM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Something that really ticks me off, miserable peasants who litter our country. I have recently been to Finland and Denmark. Litter? Not even in their vocabulary from what I saw. Both countries were immaculate. How very depressing.

Mossman
Old 25 August 2003, 09:22 AM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Litter, dog poo, people these days have no respect for others.

The thing that gets me is some dog owners take their dogs for walks on playing fields, let them do the business, don't clean it up, then some little kids comes along to play football and you can guess the rest.

Big fines for dropping litter etc is a start but people seem to ignore the signs and no one seems bothered.

As for cleaning the UK up, why don't we get the scum bags released from prison for the day, let them tidy the place up, it would give them something to do and give something back to the decent people in this country. And I would throw litter louts into prison too, allowing them their freedom once they have cleaned up the streets of litter for a month or so.
Old 25 August 2003, 09:37 AM
slasha
Scooby Regular

Was at Liverpool Lime Street station the other day and went to drop my litter in the bin and must have walked round the station for a good few minutes but not a dustbin in sight. Ended up giving it to the bloke who was going roung picking all the litter up off the floor!

Just a thought but it's probably seen as cheaper just to employ one bloke on minimum wage to go roung picking litter up than it is to supply and empty a dozen bins and less places to drop a bomb into as well? Probably to logical though, more than likely the local council/train companies just don't care.

Old 25 August 2003, 10:42 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

If you look at the floor in any high street its just full of discarded chewing gum. A blob about every sq ft.

chip.
Old 25 August 2003, 12:57 PM
Ian Griffiths
Scooby Regular

I was eating a Maccys at a cruise the other day and finished it, bagged it up and walked over to put it in a bin. The gang of scallys sitting near it though I was walking over for a fight I think, they all looked a bit put out when they saw me approaching and were even more confused when I put the stuff in the bin and walked off. Classic. Probably not something that they're used to.
Old 25 August 2003, 01:11 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

On-the-spot fines for the ***** that drop their **** on the floor and a further tax on ALL fast food outlets on the **** they sell that people are taking away.
Old 25 August 2003, 02:25 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

And where are the tramps supposed to get their food from these days.Used to see them going thru the bins in town. Now theyre all empty.

Chip.
Old 25 August 2003, 02:43 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Just out of interest, is anyone likely to argue for lettering?

The only possible excuse is in stations and the like where the bins have been removed as a security precaution because, as someone hinted earlier, it was a favourite place for certain sociopathic maggots to drop their nail bombs

But I agree - litter is horrible, an embarassment and something that ought to be taken more seriously. Litter brings the area down and promotes other things like graffiti - nobody cares so why not? Then you get more vandalism and a further downturn in the area until the pushers move in and then you get... areas of Croydon, for example. Or any other large town

Old 25 August 2003, 02:48 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

It also encourages vermin.

Chip.
Old 25 August 2003, 02:59 PM
Mossman
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

£50 fine for anyone seen littering - this was on the TV a few weeks ago as some councils are doing it. Great idea. Some people who were fined accepted it but one scally actually hit a litter chap. Jesus.

Mossman